Free Vancouver 2010 Car Window Flags

SkiFreak

Drove by the GM dealership on the way to the torch relay community celebration this evening and noticed a big poster sign advertising free Vancouver 2010 car window flags. These are the flags that you usually see on cars during the Stanley Cup playoffs. Looks like this GM flag has the 2010 logo and "Go Canada" written on it. I'll pick one up (or two) tomorrow.

Anybody know if they are free free or is there some catch to the offer?

Gonna see if they have any pins too. ;)

Drove by the GM dealership on the way to the torch relay community celebration this evening and noticed a big poster sign advertising free Vancouver 2010 car window flags. These are the flags that you usually see on cars during the Stanley Cup playoffs. Looks like this GM flag has the 2010 logo and "Go Canada" written on it. I'll pick one up (or two) tomorrow.

Anybody know if they are free free or is there some catch to the offer?

Gonna see if they have any pins too. ;)

Just picked up two flags. Yes they are completely free. You just walk in and ask for them. Here's how they look:

43400167Small.jpg

And if you ask, you can score a free pin too. I got one. :D

And such flags with corporate logos will probably be handed out (or even sold) again here in Germany for the World Cup in summer. For example, the German national flag with the logo of a hardware store chain printed on it which was used four years ago (couldn't find a picture of it, sadly). Actually, I don't like driving advertisements around -- but at least no one got the idea of desecrating the Canadian national flag with some corporate logo.

By the way, is also the Canadian national flag used as car window flag in your country?

I agree with F. (Olympian2004) - I do not like to drive around advertising something...

I liked it when during the WC2006 many car drivers showed the flag of their home-country - that was fun, but you must be careful too, many didn't take them off when they entered the motorway (and in Germany we don't have a general speed-limit on motorways)

Just picked up two flags. Yes they are completely free. You just walk in and ask for them. Here's how they look:

43400167Small.jpg

And if you ask, you can score a free pin too. I got one. :D

sorry SkiFreak,

I am not a fan of this flag, since it is really just advertisement - like F. has already asked are there some "simple" Canadian flags to buy too?

I would prefer them...

sorry SkiFreak,

I am not a fan of this flag, since it is really just advertisement - like F. has already asked are there some "simple" Canadian flags to buy too?

I would prefer them...

I saw Team Canada (Hockey) flags at Zellers the other day. They're the same type, for a car window. They don't have any advertisements on them, just the Team Canada Hockey logo.

CAF - driving a car is an advertisement because there is the company logo of what kind of car there is. And yea we see some national flags like this, especially during the world cups, but it is far more likely to be Portuguese, Italian or German then Canadian.

There's also a contest to go with this promo. Enter for a chance to win one of 17 cars, one awarded on each day of the games. Here's the link:

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/offers/corporate/win-1-of-17/overview?adv=93484

There's also an alternate flag design. Looks the same, just has a Chevrolet logo instead of Buick and GMC.

I wonder if someone from VANOC will chase me for displaying a sponsor's flag on a non-sponsor's vehicle. I drive a Honda. :rolleyes::lol:

Hello,

Where could I get one of the coke ones?

Thx,

woody

Here in Kelowna I spotted them at 7-11 and Real Canadian Superstore. They're free, but you have to purchase some coke product. At 7-11 it's one or two 591 ml bottles. At Superstore it's two 12-packs or two 2 L bottles. Theres three different flags; skier, snowboarder, hoockey player. I got the snowboarder. They're wrapped-up in a way that you don't know which one you are getting.