Vancouver 2010 Shop

I don't know about at the games themselves, but if you can't use the Vancouver 2010 online store, the Hudson's Bay Company's website (Hbc.com) has almost everything vancouver2010.com has and takes Amex and I think Mastercard.

Vielen Dank für den Tipp, German-Canadian Pinhead!!!

:)

Bist Du ein Deutscher, der in Kanada lebt?

If you go to the other HBC (Bay or Zellers)in the Vancouver area they all have some Olympic items for sale. They don't have the full selection but at those other locations you can use any for of payment(Visa, Mastercard or Amex)

Ja ich komme aus Berlin. Ich wohne jetzt in Ottawa, Kanadischen Hauptstadt. Ich habe viele Olympia Spielen and Vancouver 2010 Abzeichen. Vancouver 2010 hat etwas Stücke auf Deutsch…

http://store.hbc.com/renderImage.image?imageName=aa/AA_VAN1086.jpg&width=320&height=320

http://store.hbc.com/renderImage.image?imageName=aa/AA_VAN1026.jpg&width=320&height=320

Gehst du nach Vancouver?

Nein, ich werde leider nicht nach Vancouver kommen...

No - it is a pitty, but I won't go to Vancouver...

:(

Ich hätte das eher einplanen müssen (mein Urlaub für dieses Jahr war schon verplant)

I would have had to budget/planning such a trip earlier (my holidays for this year were already planned)

Wann bist Du denn ausgewandert?

When did you emmigrated?

Ich muss gestehen, dass ich noch nie in Kanada war (was schon sehr peinlich ist, da ich für Lufthansa arbeite)...

I have to admit that I haven't been to Canada yet (this is really awkward, since I work for Lufthansa)...

I just wonder - I have somewhere an original coin from Moscow 1980 - how much you can get for such a coin - maybe I should look on e-bay...

Olympic coins are not that valuable because they were also mass produced. The Canadian coins are not very valuable for instance. And I know of very few internationally that are.

The coloured Canadian quarters might be worth something as there were less of them minted. For instance the Men's Hockey, Women's Hockey, and Cindy Klassen quarters had only 3 million of the coloured version minted whereas the non-coloured versions had something like 20 million minted. I was lucky to get a coloured Men's Hockey quarter in my change.

Also, the coloured quarters that are available at Petro Canada as part of the sports quarter cards are not in circulation. If you find one of these in your change then you got a bonus as some individual out there ripped their card open.

Does anybody know how you can change the shipping method from "canada post" to "purolator express" at the HBC-store?

I want to buy the red mittens, a scarf and a toddlers slouch, but the website says that it will arrive not before 4-6 weeks!!!

That is much too long!

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Does anybody know how you can change the shipping method from "canada post" to "purolator express" at the HBC-store?

I want to buy the red mittens, a scarf and a toddlers slouch, but the website says that it will arrive not before 4-6 weeks!!!

That is much too long!

I had a look at picking up one of the t-shirts and some pins and I was able to change the shipping method at checkout to express which was only 5-7 days. You should be able to as well

I had a look at picking up one of the t-shirts and some pins and I was able to change the shipping method at checkout to express which was only 5-7 days. You should be able to as well

ahh - thanks Michael - I will try that - I want to receive the red mittens as soons as possible and not in march...

Is it still bad snow over there?

yeah - it is still friggin' cold here - at the moment: - 12°C / 10.4 °F (and the night was even colder) - and the forecast is saying we get new snow again - the pavements are totally icy and you have to be very careful to walk

but a very positive effect is that there will be very likely "Alstervernügen" (a special celebration (the first one since 1997!!!)) on our frozen Alster Lake (which is in Hamburg's city center) this weekend

alstereissss01_HA_S_314703b.jpg

at the moment the people walk on the ice on their own risk!!!

The coloured Canadian quarters might be worth something as there were less of them minted. For instance the Men's Hockey, Women's Hockey, and Cindy Klassen quarters had only 3 million of the coloured version minted whereas the non-coloured versions had something like 20 million minted. I was lucky to get a coloured Men's Hockey quarter in my change.

Also, the coloured quarters that are available at Petro Canada as part of the sports quarter cards are not in circulation. If you find one of these in your change then you got a bonus as some individual out there ripped their card open.

3 million isn't rare. They would have had to be minted at maybe the 15,000 to 25,000 level to be rare and valuable. The most valuable of the coins that has come out in terms of price increase has been the sun coin, issue was 135, its selling for between 240 and 300 now. Its mintage was 5000.

Those 25 cents are in circulation and easy to find and will not be more valuable.

Royal Canadian Mint produced others coins. Those have a chance to be more valuable with time :

There's even gold coins available

You can find the list with this link

http://www.mint.ca/store/buy/the-collection_coins-cat170010

(by the way, they will have a pavillon to visit during the Games on Granville St.)

... I gave it up...

:(

Even ordering a white/red Team Canadian jersey for 135.00 CAD didn't make it possible to change the delivery method, which would reduce the delivery time from 4-6 weeks into 4-6 business days...

I think it is much too late to order something from Germany!