Any Pin Giveaways At Torch Relay Stops?

SkiFreak

Does anyone happen to know if Coke or Visa are giving out pins at torch relay stops?

I'm just asking because the torch is going to be here in Kelowna and West Kelownas (Westbank) on Monday and Tuesday. I just stopped at the McDonald's in Westbank on the way home from work. Inside they had little flags at the cashiers that said "Celebrate the Torch Relay with Coke". So I was just wondering if Coke or perhaps Visa might be handing out free pins. Anyone know?

I had a great experience with pins and in general when the Torch Relay came to Ottawa. I saw it three times in one day, (in my neighbourhood, at Ottawa city hall and at Parliament Hill). I ended up with lots of pins. Plan to spend some time to get them. Position yourself along the route or, even better, at a "community celebration". There aren't really pin "giveaways" per se, just bother anyone in a Torch Relay, Coca-Cola, Bell, RBC or official looking outfit. I ended up a two "Quatchi with Torch" pins, two "Miga with Torch" pins, two "Torch Relay-Canada Host Country" pins, one "Ontario cheers the flame" pin, one "Torch Relay-RBC and Coca-Cola partners" pin, one "Bell Canada Torchbearer" pin and some other pin which I traded, as well as some flags and tambourines. I wore all my pins on a vest and had people wanting to take pictures with me, as well as people wanting to trade pins. I also got some non-Olympic pins.

Cool! Good to know. I'm going to pickup a 2010 lanyard at the Bay tomorrow and put some trader pins on it. I'll have it with me when I go to the McDonald's in Westbank and then to City Park here in Kelowna where the Community Celebration will be. The McDonald's is supposed to be hosting Coke. It would be good if McD's gave out pins too. B)

I'm hoping one of our MLAs will be present at the community celebration. He was my prof for two courses in college so hopefully I can get some government pins from him.

On Tuesday I'm going to try and snag a free toque at Zellers. They're giving free pom-pom toques to the first 100 people in the morning that are lined-up to get autographs from a few Olympians. :D

So I went to the community celebration in Kelowna this evening and I came away empty handed with pins. Not one pin. I asked the Coke reps. No pins. I asked the RBC reps. No pins. I asked the government reps. No pins :angry: . I even brought my lanyard with pins in case there was some pin trading going on, but I didn't see anybody trading. Coke should've had a pin trading tent set-up. Oh well. I didn't come home completely empty handed, I did get this stuff:

43400118Small.jpg

The light-up Coke bottle is a limited edition of 250,000. I got 130,717.

Also, from the four exclusive Torch Relay pins HBC was selling, I picked this one:

43400121Small.jpg

The other three were

Torch with Red Mittens

Miga with Torch

Quatchi with Torch.

The pins were $10 (tax included). If you are going to buy souvenirs at one of the community celebrations, don't forget cash or Visa only.