German referee admits match-fixing

arwebb

That's absolutely disgusting!

If a club is relegated on goal difference or by one point will they have any right to appeal or challenge their relegation?

I was  so angry when this goal wasn't given which would have given my team (Tottenham), victory against Man U at Old Trafford,

05n_carroll.jpg

However, I have accepted that this was proabably just the worst refereeing mistake in Premiership history. Therefore, I've calmed down a bit now.  :)

BUT, for a referee to deliberately fix a match is a completely different story. Even if its just one match, it can change the teams' seasons completely and makes a mockery of the German league, which is otherwise one of the best in Europe.

The scandal is growing - after the plea of guilty of Hoyzer the police searched four restaurants in Berlin.

The two owners of the "Cafe Kling", a restaurant in Berlin-Charlottenburg, were arrested by police.

... and three players of the Bundesliga side Hertha BSC Berlin were guests in this Café. One of the player netted an own goal in a match of the first round of the DFB-Cup in the 80th minute. Berlin lost the match 2:3 to the third division side Eintracht Braunschweig.

Hertha officials have said, that they don´t see any connection. To be a guest in a Café does not mean, that they are invovled in the scandal, so the club has announced. ???

Time will tell. The scandal is growing.

BBC - German ref admits fixing matches

BUT, for a referee to deliberately fix a match is a completely different story. Even if its just one match, it can change the teams' seasons completely and makes a mockery of the German league, which is otherwise one of the best in Europe.

I agree Robert, the coach of the HSV, who was sacked, has already reported an offence against Hoyzer. Hamburger SV asks to repeat the match against Paderborn. St. Pauli asks to repeat the games Hertha BSC vs. Braunschweig, because the result had influence on their participation in the German DFB-Cup.

etc. etc.

Wow Goethe you actually take the time and effort to browse and link news sources from the Turkish press?

I'm surprised that you haven't accused them of giving out incorrect facts yet!

• 8 months later...

Update:

The trial against Robert Hoyzer will start on Tuesday in Berlin.

There is much excitement and the lawyer of Hoyzer has said, that Hoyzer´s case is just the tip of an iceberg. The media is expecting further revelations.

Archived