The Vancouver Eruedan/la84 Memorial Medals

After we awarded the Eruedan Memorial Medal for Athletes, who participated in Beijing 2008

GOLD ERUEDAN MEDAL = Michael Phelps (USA - Swimming)

SILVER ERUEDAN MEDAL = Usain Bolt (JAM - Athletics)

BRONZE ERUEDAN MEDALS = Chris Hoy (GBR - Cycling) and Matthias Steiner (GER - Weightlifting)

I would like to announce that we will award two Memorial Medals - one for Zeke (Eruedan), who died in a car accident in 2006, and one for LA84 (Todd), who died a year ago after a stroke. I would like to honour with the Eruedan Memorial Medal an athlete, who attracted our attention due his/her perfomance, but didn't won an Olympic Medal. With the LA84 Memorial Medal I would like to honour an athlete, who attracted our attention due his/her performance and won an/or more Olympic Medals. So please follow the Vancouver Olympics and keep in mind that we will do a nomination round after the Vancouver Olympics are closed.

I created a LA84 memorial medal - I hope you will like it!

Here are the Eruedan and the LA84 Memorial Medal:

eruedanmedal.jpg

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After we awarded the Eruedan Memorial Medal for Athletes, who participated in Beijing 2008

GOLD ERUEDAN MEDAL = Michael Phelps (USA - Swimming)

SILVER ERUEDAN MEDAL = Usain Bolt (JAM - Athletics)

BRONZE ERUEDAN MEDALS = Chris Hoy (GBR - Cycling) and Matthias Steiner (GER - Weightlifting)

I would like to announce that we will award two Memorial Medals - one for Zeke (Eruedan), who died in a car accident in 2006, and one for LA84 (Todd), who died a year ago after a stroke. I would like to honour with the Eruedan Memorial Medal an athlete, who attracted our attention due his/her perfomance, but didn't won an Olympic Medal. With the LA84 Memorial Medal I would like to honour an athlete, who attracted our attention due his/her performance and won an/or more Olympic Medals. So please follow the Vancouver Olympics and keep in mind that we will do a nomination round after the Vancouver Olympics are closed.

I created a LA84 memorial medal - I hope you will like it!

Here are the Eruedan and the LA84 Memorial Medal:

eruedanmedal.jpg

great idea to add todd ! well done - will be voting deffo!

• 3 weeks later...

RIP to those two. I know it's a bit late, but I extend my condolences to their families.

I didn't even know they died. This is new news to me. How did LA84 pass away?

The brother of Zeke (Eruedan) came into our forum and told us that his brother liked GamesBids very much and he wanted to inform us that Zeke died in a car accident.

In December 2008 several members recognised that Todd (LA84) hadn't been here for several weeks and were worried about him - then at January 8th 2009 Todd came into our forum, since he wanted to let us know that he had been in hospital due a stroke - that was the last time that he came here.

Several weeks later Baron was so kind to try to contact Todd in his office, since we all were very worried about him - he was told that Todd died at the beginning of January.

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius