European Arrogance

Sorry guys, I had the idea of playing a drinking game at which I drink a shot every time oakydoky says someone is being "racist" against Scottish people, adn now it semes too be effectign me a liltle -_- I hpoe I hvae copmany nxet time.

I think we should all support him, racism is very bad, regardless of which of the 5 races we represent(White, Black, Asian, Indigenous or Scottish).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys, I had the idea of playing a drinking game at which I drink a shot every time oakydoky says someone is being "racist" against Scottish people, adn now it semes too be effectign me a liltle -_- I hpoe I hvae copmany nxet time.

I think we should all support him, racism is very bad, regardless of which of the 5 races we represent(White, Black, Asian, Indigenous or Scottish).

Someone saying a Scottish person is a 'haggis brain' does have racist connotations. It would be like calling a Pakistani a 'curry breath'. It's really small minded and rude.It was intended to be offensive. Why should I ignore it?

You can make a joke of it all you want but I NEVER started this thread nor did I cause it to be what it is. The very fact that you overlook the source of the racism and try and imply I am moaning shows how sadly, people have misinterpreted this situation. I wouldn't be 'moaning' if someone didn't say racist things to me in the first place.

On these forums, if a person is attacked and defends themselves they are all lumped together collectively are perceived to be nuisances. It says a lot about all of you who are making an issue out of me defending myself but not even once actually condemn the person who was being prejudice in the first place.

Oakydoky, I was not trying to say you were "moaning" or anything like that. I was just making fun of the way you use the word "racism". It's supposed to be a race-related offense. In Brazil we're so mixed I can't really say that I have ANY interest in this subject, but I don't think being Scottish is a race. English is not my first language, but I guess that supposed offense would be a nationally-oriented offense, not "racism", right?

I'm just being as picky as you were when you questioned kilmainham's intelligence because he mistakenly said England instead of Britain. I hope you're not offended by that.

Oakydoky, I was not trying to say you were "moaning" or anything like that. I was just making fun of the way you use the word "racism". It's supposed to be a race-related offense. In Brazil we're so mixed I can't really say that I have ANY interest in this subject, but I don't think being Scottish is a race. English is not my first language, but I guess that supposed offense would be a nationally-oriented offense, not "racism", right?

I'm just being as picky as you were when you questioned kilmainham's intelligence because he mistakenly said England instead of Britain. I hope you're not offended by that.

Why be picky with me though? I never started this thread or made bigoted comments.

Killnainham started a bigoted thread, was blatantly causing trouble, and then proceeded to be racist. But you only singled me out - the person he specifically slurred and tried to mock me for invoking calls of racism. It's as if the fact that

Scottish people are a race thus it is a slur to make prejudice remarks against them just like it would be for English people, Chinese people etc.I'm not apologising for speaking up - if people make rude comments like that I will call them out.

Anyway, whatever.

Archived