India to Bid for 2014 Asian Games

But Universiade comes from "University" or from "Universal"? :help:  :Oo:

University, Mikel.

Besides, believe or not, it is one of the oldest Games in the world. However, it is not recognized as well as the Olympic Games. Its winter version started much later. Most of all, it will be interesting on how the Olympic Games, however the winter one, will be received in Torino. It is because the city, if I read it correctly, is the HQ of the Universiades.

But Universiade comes from "University" or from "Universal"? :help:  :oo:

University, Mikel.

Besides, believe or not, it is one of the oldest Games in the world. However, it is not recognized as well as the Olympic Games. Its winter version started much later. Most of all, it will be interesting on how the Olympic Games, however the winter one, will be received in Torino. It is because the city, if I read it correctly, is the HQ of the Universiades.

Then in the Games play studiant people of the Universities around the world? :oo: It does not surprise me so that there are so many athletes in these Games... :rolleyes:

Yes, that's where the Universiades started (also called WUG - World University Games).  

The main requirement is that an athlete must be a bonafide college student when he/she competes.

Yes, that's where the Universiades started (also called WUG - World University Games).  

The main requirement is that an athlete must be a bonafide college student when he/she competes.

Ammm :oh:  :ooh:

Have the Universiades ever been televised?

Most likely in the countries that host them. Otherwise, not to the rest of the world that I know of.

I've seen them and I've never heard of them until I joined GB... :rolleyes:  :oops:

At least you've learned one or 2 good things since coming to this board, mikel.  But you'll have to work on your hard-headedness.  Just because you put in the last word doesn't mean you're right.

Most likely in the countries that host them. Otherwise, not to the rest of the world that I know of.

I've seen them and I've never heard of them until I joined GB... :rolleyes:  :oops:

At least you've learned one or 2 good things since coming to this board, mikel.  But you'll have to work on your hard-headedness.  Just because you put in the last word doesn't mean you're right.

And? :rolleyes:

well, obviously you still haven't learned a few things... :glare:

well, obviously you still haven't learned a few things... :glare:

I can't learn all in less than a year... :rolleyes:

Archived