Mcdonald's Olympic Promos?

SkiFreak

Usually around this time of year we find out what hockey collectibles McDonald's has to offer, and this being a winter Olympic games year, it's usually something based on Team Canada. In past years there were mini trophies, mini sticks, mini goalie masks, and during the Torino games, mini Team Canada Jersies (If I recall, it was pucks for Salt Lake right?) :)

Does anyone know what collectibles or promos McDonald's will have? :huh:

With Pepsi promoting the men's team, I wonder if McDonald's will even do something as they sell Coke. :unsure:

I dug around the McDonald's Canada website and found this news release:

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/news/releases/r...ec-16-2009.aspx

It describes various product offerings, but only one collectible that will be included with the Happy Meals:

Happy Meal® toys featuring official Olympic Mascots Miga, Quatchi and Sumi participating in Olympic and Paralympic sports will highlight a unique Canada-only promotion (Jan. 29, 2010 launch)

No mention of a Team Canada hockey collectible. :(

There was the water bottle few months ago

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

Some McD's restaurants still have some water bottles left. Since February is right around the corner and it's usually when McDonald's rolls out an NHL hockey collectible or Olympics Team Canada Hockey collectible (if it's a Winter Olympics year), I thought I'd enquire if anyone knew what their hockey collectible is going to be this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to get these without buying Happy Meals? I'm interested in having these collectibles but not so big on the idea of all the McDonald's kid's food.

Don't you just walk up to the counter and ask to buy the toy? I think they do that, I know you can do that at BK.

Is there a way to get these without buying Happy Meals? I'm interested in having these collectibles but not so big on the idea of all the McDonald's kid's food.

Yup, you can buy them seperate. They're about $2.