Cauldron To Be Indoors, Apprarently

Another source pointing to the fact that the cauldron will be indoors for the first time in olympic history. I guess they're not telling us anything new...

Report: Olympic cauldron to be 1st kept indoors

The 2010 Olympic flame could be the first to be housed indoors for the duration of the Olympic Games, according to a report from Around the Rings.

While the Vancouver Organizing Committee has not announced the location of the cauldron, the respected online publication reported Wednesday that all signs point to B.C. Place Stadium - the Vancouver building that will house the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

David Atkins, the producer of the 2010 Olympic opening and closing ceremonies, requested 21 items for works in B.C. Place Stadium in an April, 2009 report entitled, "Ceremonies Capital Works from David Atkins Enterprises Productions Canada."

Among the items on Atkins' wish list was the a structure in the center of the stadium, under a 4 metre-by-4 m-by-4 m patch of concrete. The structure was to be a concrete-lined, water-tight chamber with a clear internal shaft to be fueled by a purpose-built, 25 million BTU natural gas pipeline.

Carbon dioxide detectors and air pressure system upgrades were also requested.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/about-vancouver/...wsid=24817.html

sorry guys, i thought i had replied to the existing topic.

Another source pointing to the fact that the cauldron will be indoors for the first time in olympic history. I guess they're not telling us anything new...

Report: Olympic cauldron to be 1st kept indoors

The 2010 Olympic flame could be the first to be housed indoors for the duration of the Olympic Games, according to a report from Around the Rings.

While the Vancouver Organizing Committee has not announced the location of the cauldron, the respected online publication reported Wednesday that all signs point to B.C. Place Stadium - the Vancouver building that will house the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

David Atkins, the producer of the 2010 Olympic opening and closing ceremonies, requested 21 items for works in B.C. Place Stadium in an April, 2009 report entitled, "Ceremonies Capital Works from David Atkins Enterprises Productions Canada."

Among the items on Atkins' wish list was the a structure in the center of the stadium, under a 4 metre-by-4 m-by-4 m patch of concrete. The structure was to be a concrete-lined, water-tight chamber with a clear internal shaft to be fueled by a purpose-built, 25 million BTU natural gas pipeline.

Carbon dioxide detectors and air pressure system upgrades were also requested.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/about-vancouver/...wsid=24817.html

silly is an undestatment. good idea w/ the cauldron over the inlet/lake. that entire area around bc place will be the epicentre for the olympics- athletes village, canada hockey house, an numerous other events. one of the "go to shots" for the networks during any games is the arial shot/footage of the cauldron...how stupid will that shot be of the cauldron inside an empty and dark bc place? vanoc has done lots of silly things, but i'm hoping that they won't make this colossal mistake.

Silly idea. Many sports and non-sports venues are in the city centre, a huge cauldron over the lake would have been memorable.

Well, we just know that there will be AN Olympic cauldron in BC Place (to be honest, I don't see how it could have been otherwise).

There will also be a cauldron in Whistler.

Now the question remaining is: will there be another cauldron in Vancouver.

During its final presentation in Prague, Vancouver mentioned a ring of fire along BC place roof (it seems very unlikely but I still wouldn't rule out an outdoor flame)...

with 36 days to go, they haven't yet constructed any cauldron outdoors. there was rumor of them building something at Canada Place with a gas pipeline...but that would be somewhat odd as well, considering that the only thing there is the international media centre.

however i did have a thought, inspired by "mo rush"; they could have a floating cauldron at false creek waters right by the athletes village. this way they can still keep things hush-hush and reveal the floating cauldron as a part of the ceremonies. i guess they would need an indoor&outdoor cauldron, or somehow start inside and bring it outdoors while displaying it on big screen for those inside bc place. kind of convoluted, but if i were david atkins, i'd atleast entertain the idea of a giant floating cauldron right in false creek.

w/ the games having a heavy first nations influence, i can also see them using an aboriginal longboat carrying the torch and the person selected to light the torch, row out and light the cauldron. that would be unique and reflective of canadian and B.C. culture...no?

with 36 days to go, they haven't yet constructed any cauldron outdoors. there was rumor of them building something at Canada Place with a gas pipeline...but that would be somewhat odd as well, considering that the only thing there is the international media centre.

however i did have a thought, inspired by "mo rush"; they could have a floating cauldron at false creek waters right by the athletes village. this way they can still keep things hush-hush and reveal the floating cauldron as a part of the ceremonies. i guess they would need an indoor&outdoor cauldron, or somehow start inside and bring it outdoors while displaying it on big screen for those inside bc place. kind of convoluted, but if i were david atkins, i'd atleast entertain the idea of a giant floating cauldron right in false creek.

Another topic??? Really????

And doesn't this article tell us what we already know? We all know there will be a cauldron inside BC Place, the question has always been whether there will be another one outside and where.

If i see another thread about the cauldron i swear you guys..=.=;;;

And like mr. x said, this doesnt says anything new of what we heard.

read the beginning you will understand why they is a new treat....

the member said he didnt mean to open a new treat, he just start one while trying to reply.... and this forum doesnt allow us to delete our post (i try once and i could find how)

please we are here to share information.... if everything we can split at because we open a treat when we shouldnt what is the point going here..... Maybe this forum a moderator... one that can closed treat if they are double... and move the valuable information from one treat to the other if the info is valuable.... Having said that I do understand why limited the number of treats in order to have them more active.

Also maybe this is new to you because you are going here on a every day basis (I'm talking about mr x) but not every body to so... for many peoples this post might be new information.

Cheers :)

^ none of this is new, not even the article posted in the opening post of this topic. We've all know that there will be an indoor cauldron in BC Place during 2010 for the last 7 years.

And there's a reason why we had one official Olympic Cauldron thread (not "treat") where all Olympic discussion would take place. Just because you're new/don't visit often doesn't mean you get to tread all over the forum. It's also about forum courtesy, that you don't replicate existing topics.

This topic should be closed.

^ none of this is new, not even the article posted in the opening post of this topic. We've all know that there will be an indoor cauldron in BC Place during 2010 for the last 7 years.

And there's a reason why we had one official Olympic Cauldron thread (not "treat") where all Olympic discussion would take place. Just because you're new/don't visit often doesn't mean you get to tread all over the forum. It's also about forum courtesy, that you don't replicate existing topics.

This topic should be closed.

First of all i didnt open this treat... and like I said.... the member open this treat by mistake trying to reply to the existent treat so why do you treat this post like the member open this treat out of courtesy?. You should be more respectful of the topic's starter. He was trying to share this info (that isnt new to you, I know that) because in all over Canada the information have been released like It was... Most online newspaper in Canada release this information after a short video about the ceremonies from CTV. I read that day several articles about the indoor couldron in both French and English, and both Canada's official languages was sharing this info like new information.

I never believe a cauldron could be outside because it's an indoor stadium so I'm not surprise with this news.... but I learn today after watching the preparations on an every day basis ( I did visit the forum everyday since 2002...almost... on top of many other way to keep up with the games) we could have two cauldrons... I taught it was only one since it's suposse to be lit during ceremony.... Didnt knew we could have two and I learn this because of this treat. This is exciting.... because this is new information to me.... an so close of the games I am getting so pump knowing we might have a second one... and where it shall might be...

But why do you care that much? seriously..... it's so not a big deal..... Of course, it's better to only have one topic I'm REALLY NOT debating on that....I even suggest this forum to have a moderator to look at the treats and move them around... but I dont care that much... I came here to learn about the games, share my vision and passion and read topics from others. More active this forum is, more happy I am... and for that, we need to attract online visitors with no account to become a member and share their visions, passions, and privileged information they might have. And for that we should be respectful of the treats of others. This forum should be welcoming. By exemple, I often do mistake when I write because English isnt my first languages and I do appreciate no body is telling me my mistakes. This is the kind of spirit a forum need and why I am still here after 7 years.

Not everybody is following the games like you do mr x. It's great because you are always providing us of so much information and I learn so much because of you in the last 7 years... but you cannot be bitter because some doesnt have your knowledge. Also if I recall it did happen to you to open new treats when another one was already started one my mistake.

Peace!:rolleyes:

and let the games begin......

indoor venues are not great for ceremonies, unless they can open the roof. this could be a disaster.

Why do you say that? There's never been an indoor Olympic ceremony before (other than pre-1988 Winter Closings) so there's nothing to compare.