4279712309_62a7d2b1ca.jpg

4280458282_2dd0a80247.jpg

Quebec Pavilion

4279731141_f776c46b11.jpg

4279730179_abb28016dc.jpg

4279725497_2065aee57a.jpg

Saskatchewan Pavilion

4280526446_eb86529df5.jpg

Thank you for showing me Ontario, Quebec and Saskatchewan Pavillions. I was going to ask anyone anyways.

Vancouver is Canada's mildest city, it might as well be considered as tropical Canada. Like Seattle a little down south, it rarely snows here.

The palm trees along Sunset beach/english bay really look tropical....

n562025054_2924306_9247.jpg

Official Color Palette:

colorpallete.png

Names of the colors from left to right in each row:

Olympic Blue - Winter Ocean - Deep Sea - Wilderness

Mounatain Lake - Glass - Wave - Chill

Storm - Fern - Moss - Valley

Peak - Sky - Mist - Cloud

More info on Vancouver 2010 Graphic Identity at: http://assets.olympic.org/virtualexhibitions/expo-vancouver-en.html

• Like 1

Well, it looks like this is it in terms of Vancouver's "Look of the Games" decor around the city. Everything substantial has already been installed. This is the effect of VANOC's $17-million in cutbacks on the "Look of the Games" during the peak of the recession last year.

It's very unfortunate...I do recall a VANOC spokesman saying how the cutbacks will cause Vancouver 2010 to go from "incredible Games" to "good Games".

Well BC Place doesn't look celebratory enough - not for the opening and victory ceremonies location. All in all no Salt Lake in my opinion - but lets wait and see how it looks inside - that is what matters I guess!

Well, it looks like this is it in terms of Vancouver's "Look of the Games" decor around the city. Everything substantial has already been installed. This is the effect of VANOC's $17-million in cutbacks on the "Look of the Games" during the peak of the recession last year.

It's very unfortunate...I do recall a VANOC spokesman saying how the cutbacks will cause Vancouver 2010 to go from "incredible Games" to "good Games".

Money can't buy everything though. You certaintly can't buy or organize things like atmosphere. ;)

Money can't buy everything though. You certaintly can't buy or organize things like atmosphere. ;)

I personally believe that the Look of the Games around the city contributes to the Games atmosphere...but there's no doubt there should be quite a bit of atmosphere on the ground during the Games, with the Cultural Olympiad across downtown, the closure of several roads in Downtown for pedestrian-only roads, nightly light shows and fireworks, and several Live Sites...

I personally believe that the Look of the Games around the city contributes to the Games atmosphere...but there's no doubt there should be quite a bit of atmosphere on the ground during the Games, with the Cultural Olympiad across downtown, the closure of several roads in Downtown for pedestrian-only roads, nightly light shows and fireworks, and several Live Sites...

I suppose those kind of thing have become a bit of a given anywhere the Games go. So I think all in all, you can't plan the "the best Games ever," in the sense that Sydney is largely regarded as the "the best Games ever." The friendly people, the sincere ad unforced atmosphere of fun, the great moments. Citied will either have the goods for their Games to resonate with people or they won't.

I’m sure Vancouver will be up there.

^ wow, that container inukshuk is a bit lame. They made a huge fuss about it, i was expecting more.

Anyhow, I was by UBC Thunderbird Winter Sports Stadium today (site of the secondary ice hockey facility) and they're installing the VANOC look banners around the rim of the roof.