Vancouver "look Of The Games" Pics

Is it me or those two big wrap around skyscrapers arent exactly appealing? They arent completed but so far I'm not really impressed.... I guess I have to wait and see the till it's completed to justified my post.

....it's too bad they are more add than decor.

Yeah, it seems like that cut of budget is holding them back. :(

Like London2012 said, Salt Lake decorated their downtown quite nicely:

2035.jpg

Are they actually not doing anything to BC place to spruce it up a bit? That concrete isn't that appealing - a wrap could easily make that place pop.

They probably will sooner or later.

Yeah, it seems like that cut of budget is holding them back. :(

Like London2012 said, Salt Lake decorated their downtown quite nicely:

They probably will sooner or later.

To be fair, Salt Lake's downtown is miniscule compared to Vancouver's. It's easy to make it look really festive when all you have to do is decorate the few buildings you have in Downtown. Vancouver's Downtown is massive, it's a bit more of a challenge.

Salt Lake

515696909_6f94292b7b_b.jpg

Vancouver

OPVAerial33.jpg

Or does anyone have knowledge of any overlays that are going on the concrete of BC Place? It's a real shame that they haven't don anything to it. It's unlikely that they're going to do anything to it at this point because it's so late in the game.... gah.... I wish I could complain to John Furlong.

To be fair, Salt Lake's downtown is miniscule compared to Vancouver's. It's easy to make it look really festive when all you have to do is decorate the few buildings you have in Downtown. Vancouver's Downtown is massive, it's a bit more of a challenge.

Yeah, true. It just would have been nice if a building or two was covered with non-sponsor branding, but with VANOC's Look.

Or does anyone have knowledge of any overlays that are going on the concrete of BC Place? It's a real shame that they haven't don anything to it. It's unlikely that they're going to do anything to it at this point because it's so late in the game.... gah.... I wish I could complain to John Furlong.

Relax. It's not too late. It wouldn't take more than four weeks to put up Look overlay, even if BC Place is the biggest venue.

Relax. It's not too late. It wouldn't take more than four weeks to put up Look overlay, even if BC Place is the biggest venue.

VANOC has stated that most of the look of the games will be put up at the last minute to avoid them to be ruined by the rain & wind....

I really enjoyed pictures of IBC, Athlete's Village, and the Plaza Signs. I wish I could see flags of competing nations.

I really enjoyed pictures of IBC, Athlete's Village, and the Plaza Signs. I wish I could see flags of competing nations.

Given that qualifications haven't been finalized in all sports (soon though), They wouldn't know all the flags that need to be displayed yet.

Iv always found Vancouver city hall to be a scary looking building, those lights look pretty cool.

VANCOUVER HISTORICAL MOMENT: :lol:

During the late-1920s, Vancouver had embarked on building a large art-deco waterfront city hall at the north end of Burrard Street Bridge in Downtown. That was also why Burrard Street Bridge was designed in an art-deco fashion. The city hall located where the beach is today would have been the size of the Parliament Hill building in Ottawa, and its grounds would have stretched 8 city blocks.

But the Depression arrived, and the city ran out of money for the project. It canceled this project, and opted to build a much, much smaller and much less extravagant city hall at Cambie Street, where city hall is today.