Vancouver "look Of The Games" Pics

That torch-baroness is only slightly less creepy than this severe looking curler with the Kate-plus-8 power-bob.

These graphics are beyond INTERESTING.

wheelchaircurling800x600_34d-Jg.jpg

Wow, she looks like she could beat me up, on the other hand, I didn't know they had wheelchair curling, that looks fascinating! Creepy lady, cool sports pic, and strange little tug boat!

Seems like a lot of prepartation underway!

I understand that its still the leadup, but roughly how many of those white tents do you think will be still around during games-time? Seems like there are a whole lot of them out there....hopefully Vancouver isn't a 'tent-city' once the Opening Ceremonies happen...

I'm guessing a lot of those tents will stay considering all of rain we're likely to get in February.

With the tarp around it, it totally could be - Mr X.?

I tried finding that location on Google Maps Satellite and couldn't see any pre-existing structure that resembles what we see in the picture which means it's being built right now. It's a little off to the side of sails, but it could still look good from the water!

Anyone from Vancouver have a better idea of what's going on here?

It may be some other structure, but it's DEFINITELY not the Canadian flag sign that you have above - if you street view it, it doesn't look anything like that. Also, I'm pretty sure the picture is taken farther west down the block, facing North West, thus missing that structure entirely.

Isn't that Canadian Flag signage shown in the first picture Mr. X Posted? If so, that would exclude it from consideration for 'whats behind the curtain'...

That's down by the convention centre, along the waterfront. Might be too much to speculate on a cauldron...could just be wayfinding signage.

7%20welcome%20centrelowres.jpg

No it looks to be at the opposite side of the new convention center, just above the seaplane base.