Vancouver "look Of The Games" Pics

I was at the Look of the Games launch at VANOC HQ and was underwhelmed by the palette: too busy. But really I see now how well it all works.

Always loved the pictos, especially Brad Gushue for curling :)

It's a wonderful Look. And the blue workforce uniforms complement it very nicely. I wear mine with pride :)

fencing at vancouver olympic centre

4251702083_9951eec32d_b.jpg

photo by Susan Gittens on flickr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/susangittins/

4251702145_c6fdf9d10c_b.jpgphoto by Susan Gittens on flickr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/susangittins/

Is it me or it's a little bit too much transparent.... I hope the banners to come wont be as transparent.... other than that good job vancouver! and keep coming the decorations.

it looks great - think it really complements vancouver (or what i imagine vancouver would be like). the excitement is mounting and you canadians must be counting the days till your biggest party starts! i bet being in vancouver is great at the moment as the buzz grows and vancouver puts on all her olympic finery! have a ball and enjoy the moment!

Seems like a lot of prepartation underway!

I understand that its still the leadup, but roughly how many of those white tents do you think will be still around during games-time? Seems like there are a whole lot of them out there....hopefully Vancouver isn't a 'tent-city' once the Opening Ceremonies happen...

RBC building (on Friday 8th of January at noon) still in progress.... so slowly.... they will may be on time for the games... 35 days to go !

dsc00543yy.jpg

Edited by memorabilia

The birks clock.. it was just re-installed today after undergoing renovations for the last two years. It's about 100 years old or so. http://historicvancouver.com/order_birks_clock.html

It's very handsome! The casting is beautiful, must be exciting to see it looking like new.

Reminds me a bit of the Marshall Fields clocks in Chicago, there are (2), one on each corner of the State St. store.

Unfortunately the terrorist group "Macy's" has taken over the Marshall Fields Company, but the clocks remain.

129881298_91e75390cf.jpg1937579105_b437641ced.jpg

The torch bearer lady cartoon is creepy looking, everything is looking great! I love the font on the Village Training sign.

That torch-baroness is only slightly less creepy than this severe looking curler with the Kate-plus-8 power-bob.

These graphics are beyond INTERESTING.

wheelchaircurling800x600_34d-Jg.jpg

I love them.

They're so real for a change. Not wannabe-intrinsic, abstract representation of common things.

It's like, "Yeah that could be a Goth Paralympic curler. And yeah that's a tugboat next to her." No ambiguity.

You can't not love a Goth Paralympic Curler! You can only hope she worked weekends on the tug to support her curing passion.

Edited by stirthesoul