Resale Launch.

I've been able to do pretty well on the resale site. Some tickets I've made more than facevalue for, and some I've just tried to get rid of. Its all about supply and demand really...if there is an event with 170 listings (Like USA-NOR for Men's Hockey), you're probably not going to get more than the minimum.

I've been able to sell:

Day 4 - Women's SWE-SVK - 2 Tickets - Face $50, Sold $50

Day 5 - Men's USA-SUI - 4 Tickets - Face $150, Sold $180

Day 7 - Men's USA-NOR - 4 Tickets - Face $150, Sold $150

Day 10 - Men's RUS-CZE - 8 Tickets - Face $150, Sold 4 @ $150, 4 at $180

Day 11 - Men's Prelim Curling - 4 Tickets - Face $73, Sold $75

Day 15 - Women's Gold Medal Curling - 2 Tickets - Face $135, Sold $200

Day 16 - Figure Skating Gala - 1 Ticket - Face $185, Sold $450

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised there's not lot of intervention in this thread.

Nobody go check the VANOC resale site ?

There's lot of nice deals. (they are sold fast, you have to go often)

I saw yesterday some Bobsleigh Final tickets offered at half price of the face value.

Today I sold one of my extra Canada-Switzerland Men's Hockey, one of my extra Sweden-Finland Men's Hockey and one my extra Speed Skating.

I just put two more on sale tonight, Belarus-Sweden Men's Hockey and Finland-Germany Men's Hockey, both at cost price.

I think the fact that it is only open to Canadians to sell stuff means most of us here don't care.

CoSport did well with international allocations this time around - though I dread to think what they will charge for London.

For instance my A reserve hockey ticket buying through VANOC is $110 - through CoSport it was $300+. Utter bullshit. There is NO justifying those mark ups.

I think the fact that it is only open to Canadians to sell stuff means most of us here don't care.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the resale option (call Fan to Fan) is available for international visitors.

Maybe you are not able to sell your tickets but you will be able to buy some (and pick the ticket after at the ticket main office downtown on Robson St.)

You have to go on the VANOC site, tickets, and Register a new account.

Links : https://billets.vancouver2010.com/buy/TicketSales

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the resale option (call Fan to Fan) is available for international visitors.

Maybe you are not able to sell your tickets but you will be able to buy some (and pick the ticket after at the ticket main office downtown on Robson St.)

You have to go on the VANOC site, tickets, and Register a new account.

Links : https://billets.vancouver2010.com/buy/TicketSales

It's open to everyone.

Even if i have an adress in Vancouver, no one check it when i pick up my ticket. You just have to show an ID with picture... and this morning i show my french passport... and got my ticket...

You cant sell on there though - CoSport wont allow it. I dont need to but anymore tickets...

Yes, you're ritgh my comment was only about to purchase ticket.

You can't send your ticket bought abroad are they are not in your VANOC account but on the one from CoSport for exemple.

I'm glad you folks reminded me to check the resale tickets: scored a good seat for the women's board cross final for only $35 above face value!

Sold 28 of my extras tickets allready

I just put in sale my two last ones

FR006 cat A at cost price

Funny to see that there's lots of cat B offered at higher price than mine.

I hope London2012 will think to have a similar resale system

I was able to buy tickets at face value for Alpine Skiing (Men's Super-G), which I was pretty amazed at considering other tickets for the same event were going at three times (or more) over face value.

I've been able to sell a couple of the Victory Ceremony tickets I had but won't be able to use (at face value), as well as Ladies Aerials Qualifications at a bit over face value (but still about half of what most people have it up there for). I can't believe how much the Men's Halfpipe tickets are going for (so many were in the $1000 range the last time I checked).

I was able to buy tickets at face value for Alpine Skiing (Men's Super-G), which I was pretty amazed at considering other tickets for the same event were going at three times (or more) over face value.

Big majority of the tickets I sold were at face value.

The highest price I asked was for a Long Track Speed Skating category A at 400$ (I paid 188$, and I will received 360$ for it) while the cheapest one offered for that same event was at 1000$. My ticket was sold in few hours (and the one at 1000$ is still for sale)

Edited by Chateau Petrus

What do you think the chances are of getting a mens half pipe final?

Sold my Women's Half Pipe Final category A for 200$

My offer stay one day before getting a buyer.

If I had a Men's ticket to sell, my price would be also 200$

There's people on the resale system who are there trying to make a lot of money, and others like me who just want to get rid of their extra tickets.

The trick is to go check often, the good deal never stay long. (and the bad will maybe never find a buyer)

Sold my Women's Half Pipe Final category A for 200$

My offer stay one day before getting a buyer.

If I had a Men's ticket to sell, my price would be also 200$

There's people on the resale system who are there trying to make a lot of money, and others like me who just want to get rid of their extra tickets.

The trick is to go check often, the good deal never stay long. (and the bad will maybe never find a buyer)

I picked up a ticket for the USA-Switzerland hockey pool play game on Tuesday the 16th for CDN 135 plus fees. Given that everything else I've looked for that day is north of CDN 200, not a bad rate.