Azerbaijan

Malta

Group I

Portugal

Denmark

Serbia

Armenia

Albania

A kind group for us I think. But last time I said that was when the draw for the Euro 2008 qualifiers was made, and look how that ended.

Scotland probably won't be too happy with their group. That looks like it'll be tough for them.

A kind group for us I think. But last time I said that was when the draw for the Euro 2008 qualifiers was made, and look how that ended.Scotland probably won't be too happy with their group. That looks like it'll be tough for them.

There's more than 2 places per group now available. If a big one fails under such conditions, they're not a big one anymore...

Funny that Gibraltar is in "our" group :-)

Funny that Gibraltar is in "our" group :-)

And their first qualifying match is against Poland, in their new Europa Point Stadium :)

Scotland's group doesn't bother me too much. Sometimes it is better to face tough opposition.

Reminds me of when we had both France and World Champions at the time Italy in our group and we done well despite not qualifying, always remember beating France both at home and away.

Good to be in a group with our Celtic cousins :)

Stadium Geoffroy-Guichard in Saint-Etienne Construction Updates - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/fra/stade_geoffroy_guichard - Source: StadiumDB.com

Stadium Velodrome in Marseille Construction Update from 21/03/14 - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/fra/stade_velodrome - Source: StadiumDB.com

Velodrome Stadium in Marseille has now got a roof that's now self supporting. Temporary supports are now removed. Full story here - http://stadiumdb.com/news/2014/04/marseille_new_roof_without_need_for_supports - Source: StadiumDB.com

Stadium Geoffroy-Guichard in Saint-Etienne Construction Updates - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/fra/stade_geoffroy_guichard - Source: StadiumDB.com

UEFA EURO 2016 match schedule announced

Published: Friday 25 April 2014, 13.40CET
France will kick off UEFA EURO 2016 at the Stade de France, the venue which will also host the final, after the tournament's match schedule was announced today.
2095982_w2.jpg

The Stade de France in Saint-Denis will stage the opening game and final at UEFA EURO 2016 after the tournament's match schedule was announced today.

I believe the calendar is great for fans since they will get the chance to see several teams and matches in or around their respective regions
UEFA President Michel Platini

France will play in the curtain-raiser, which kicks off at 21.00CET on Friday 10 June, with the hosts also having group stage games in Marseille and Lille. The final takes place on 10 July, the 51st match in a tournament that is embracing 24 teams for the first time.

Each of the ten host cities will host a minimum of four matches: three group contests and a knockout tie, with bigger capacity stadiums staging games from the quarter-finals onwards. The six group winners, the six group runners-up and the four best third-placed teams will qualify for the round of 16. The schedule has been designed so that teams advancing from the same group will only be able to face each other again if they reach the final.

There will be three standard kick-off times (all CET): 15.00, 18.00 and 21.00, with the last matches in each group to be played simultaneously. All teams will play their group matches in three different locations, thus enabling local fans to see different sides, with venues 'paired up' so that there will be no matches in the same region on the same day.

UEFA

Stadium des Lumieres in Lyon Construction Updates - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/fra/stade_des_lumieres - Source: StadiumDB.com

Any actual pics of the Stadiums?

Tony's didn't come through.

Blatter: UEFA to introduce goal-line technology at Euro 2016

Sepp Blatter has said goal-line technology will be introduced for the 2016 European Championship. The FIFA President said that the technical aid has been a resounding success thus far at the World Cup in Brazil.

0,,17516940_303,00.jpg

The president of world football's governing body said in an interview with FIFA.com published on Friday that goal-line technology would be a part of Euro 2016 in France.

"I spoke with the UEFA president, Michel Platini, who said he would introduce it for the European Championships 2016 in France," said Blatter.

However, Europe's ruling football body UEFA said that a final decision had not yet been made.

"The president has said on the record that UEFA will look at introducing GLT at Euro 2016," UEFA spokesman Pedro Pinto said in an emailed statement. "It is not a case of snapping his fingers and making it happen. It will be discussed at the referees committee and then still has to be approved by the executive committee."

Platini has been strongly against goal-line technology in his seven years at the helm of UEFA.

However, he said in an interview in December that it could be an option for the Euros. UEFA currently uses additional referees for competitions including the European Championship, Champions League and Europa League.

"It helps the referee and the public and now there is no more discussion about whether a goal was scored or not scored, and ultimately scoring goals is the objective of football," said Blatter. "I am sure that professional leagues will follow.

http://www.dw.de/blatter-uefa-to-introduce-goal-line-technology-at-euro-2016/a-17743096

That Marseille roof from the outside is beyond awful. Looks good on the inside though.