Euro 2016

emre

I wanted to root for Portugal since they've never won anything and they got defeated in 2004 by a team who pretty much never did anything of relevance again after that shocker, but the only convincing match they had during the whole tournament was against Wales. Plus i'm sure lots of people here don't like CR7 at all (including myself). A lot of conflictive feels. I think France deserves it more given how they played during this whole Euro, even if some people will roll eyes that France won a tournament at home, again.

I really, really hope for Portugal to win. Not being a Francophobic here but I'm not particularly thrilled about this French team and their easy path to the semi-finals without any quality opposition until they met Germany and were very lucky to win that match. Not that this is the best Portuguese team in history but in the past Portugal has often entertained but failed to deliver. This time their approach is more minimalistic, Italian style, and that often wins tournaments. The team is compact and has mental strength. Portugal deserve a trophy after so many near misses and although I'm not an actual fan of him, Cristiano Ronaldo is a great athlete and footballer. I admire his skill. France winning yet another tournament at home soil sounds a bit dull and anticlimactic.

* I see the correct term is Francophobe but what ever, the point remains.

Well, last time France won a big competition like this it wasn't at home (Euro 2000). And playing at home has always helped, not just France (see the Olympics for instance).

Regarding France's easy path leading to the finale, I would say this also applies to Portugal (they played against Iceland, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland and Wales).

Anyway. Que le meilleur gagne! :)

• Like 1

Yeah, but that was a great team that also won the WC at home 1998. The first trophy winners from France who won the previous European Championships organized in France in 1984 were also a great team. These teams were of course led by the two greatest French players, Zidane and Platini respectively. This current equipe is just normal in comparison, taking full advantage of home advantage. And yes, Portugal has had quite an easy path but I don't know why people forget to mention that the same applies largely to France too. Portugal did however meet Croatia, one of the strongest teams in the group phase who came on top of Spain. Portugal would have also met Belgium but they were eliminated by Wales, winners of their own group ahead of England.

I think the main reason many don't want Portugal to win is because of this guy

Don't blame you, though. I also never liked CR7 to begin with. Not mentioning he has a bad tendency of being useless in finals safe for penalty shots.

Well, looks like CR7 is seriously hurt after that hit by Payet He can barely stand now. This is very unfair tbh.

Also there is a plague of moths in Saint Dennis.

cristiano_630x414.jpg

PS: Woops. Looks like i talked too early. Though he's not at his full capabilities.

What's unfair is accusing Payet. Watch again and you'll see that he hit nothing but the ball.

And I don't know what the **** they were thinking by lighting the Stade de France all night long. They had the day to get rid of those freaking moths.

Sorry France. You can't always win at your own turf.

Now Griezzman will know what CR7 felt in 2004 when they were defeated by anti-football incarnate. I feel bad for him, though. Literally the only french player i cared for.