Euro 2016

emre

Doesn't look good for Zlatan's hopes to extend his impending end of his international career unless Sweden somehow beats the Red Devils in Nice tomorrow--- with a good enough goal margin. His Tre Kronor teams never quite have enough quality in its supporting cast in terms of qualifying for the World Cup, which prevented him from making World Cups. Then again, they really were but luck was never on their side.

It is incredibly. First before qualification you would have thought that Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Bosnia and Serbia would be at the tournament and you get all those surprises.

Now you have an incredibly loopsided draw.

On one side of the draw you have an average ELO rating of 15, on the other 24. My guess now would be a Belgium vs. France final.

It sure is a quirky EURO - in a positive and in a negative sense. Relatively few goals, a hooligan and streaker problem while all the world concentrated on the terror threat, many likeable outsiders who make it to the second round (due to the new play mode) and a loopsided draw which will result in many (initially) strongly favoured teams eliminating each other already before the final. And EURO 2020 could become even more quirky, with all those venues spread out across the whole continent which will probably be very harmful to that special "tournament atmosphere" we all know.

But, back to 2016: I think we might even be up for a surprise regarding who will reach the final. We should keep an eye on Wales, Croatia and Hungary - and only God knows which extra energies Ireland and Iceland might develop after their great last-minute tickets to the round of 16! ;) Belgium vs. France would almost be too boring and predictable compared to that, just like any final that involves Germany (although I sure hope for that one, still ;)).

Poland beats Switzerland at penalties and qualifies for the Quarter Finals of the Euro. :)

Now, can someone please tell me where can I watch Northern Ireland vs Wales on stream? The TV is not showing all the matches of the Euro this year, sadly (they've focused on the Copa America instead).

Wales should be booed for mostly voting Brexit!!!

It's better to keep politics away from sport, LatinXTC. They shouldn't be booed for a decision they were free to make. That's life. It's like asking for the Brexit supporters to boo Northern Ireland for voting Bremain.

Either way, I doubt Wales will reach the Semifinals, specially after today's match they won by pure dumb luck and that Irish own goal.

Meanwhile, Croatia vs Portugal has been also pretty bad so far.