Feb 18 Hedley Prince Edward Island

Feb 19 Theory of a Deadman Northwest Territories

Feb 20 Stereophonics Yukon

Feb 21 Trooper and Loverboy Nunavut

Feb 23 Billy Talent Saskatchewan

Feb 24 INXS Ontario

Feb 25 Burton Cummings Manitoba

Feb 26 Great Big Sea Newfoundland and Labrador

I've got mine for Nelly and for the Québec soirée! The rest don't really grab me....

Thanks for the info.

I got the Quebec one too (perfect, I'm from Quebec)

Billy Talent (absolutelly no idea who he's he)

Burton Cummings (not really a fan)

I also have the INXS night, but I'm not sure if I will use my ticket since I will try to go to Women's Aerial Final (no ticket yet)

Edited by Chateau Petrus

Je prie que Isabelle Boulay chantera pour la soirée. O please o please!

Thanks for the info.

I got the Quebec one too (perfect, I'm from Quebec)

Billy Talent (absolutelly no idea who he's he)

Burton Cummings (not really a fan)

I also have the INXS night, but I'm not sure if I will use my ticket since I will try to go to Women's Aerial Final (no ticket yet)

Well, I have tickets to Nelly Furtado and Billy Talent....definitely won't be buying more Victory tix.

Who is Billy Talent??? What the hel! were they thinking? I'm a little concerned about the opening/closing ceremonies at this point.

Oh dear - the leaked list I got was way off :(

Is it wrong that I miss Nickelback being on that list? Nelly and BNL - yay! But INXS? Really? They don't even have a lead singer these days. Plus I'd put money on Michael Buble being the act on the 15th. Hometown boy - a shoe in for a ceremony spot plus he's calling the Ice Hockey for an Aussie pay tv station...

Most nights in the stadium will be incredibly empty....are 35,000 people going to want to watch Theory of a Deadman?

Apart from Nelly, this is the same lineup that has performed at the University of British Columbia's Arts County Fair or even the PNE Fair. VANOC has the same clout as the UBC Arts Faculty? I thought VANOC was suppose to show off world-class talent? Who cares about this whole "provincial talent" thing going on every night, give the people good and popular talent and they'll be happy. The Torino list was so much better.

Most nights in the stadium will be incredibly empty....are 35,000 people going to want to watch Theory of a Deadman?

Apart from Nelly, this is the same lineup that has performed at the University of British Columbia's Arts County Fair or even the PNE Fair. VANOC has the same clout as the UBC Arts Faculty? I thought VANOC was suppose to show off world-class talent? Who cares about this whole "provincial talent" thing going on every night, give the people good and popular talent and they'll be happy. The Torino list was so much better.

Not every perform is associated with the province of that night.

Feb 14 Nelly Furtado British Columbia (Is from BC)

Feb 15 to be confirmed Québec

Feb 16 Barenaked Ladies Nova Scotia (Toronto)

Feb 17 Paul Brandt Alberta (Is from Alberta)

Feb 18 Hedley Prince Edward Island (From BC)

Feb 19 Theory of a Deadman Northwest Territories (BC)

Feb 20 Stereophonics Yukon (Wales)

Feb 21 Trooper and Loverboy Nunavut (BC and Alberta)

Feb 23 Billy Talent Saskatchewan (Ontario)

Feb 24 INXS Ontario (Australia)

Feb 25 Burton Cummings Manitoba (From Manitoba)

Feb 26 Great Big Sea Newfoundland and Labrador (From NFLD)

There will be 3,800 performers for both the Opening and Closing Ceremonies...you tell me.

I generally share your concerns that things might be less than stellar, but I'm wondering if we're taking the quantity implies quality thought process a little too far? Can't an act with 10 people be just as good, or better, than one with 100?

here's canada being canada again. i'd rather see a cover band than any of these acts...outside of nelly.

Apparently the victory ceremonies will be broadcasted on muchmusic- check out the link below.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/ol...s/78785152.html

Yea, that's what I thought as well with CTV paying a gazillion for 2010 it would be odd that they didn't air it on either MTV Canada or Muchmusic.

I'm thoroughly dissapointed, was expecting KD Lang, Avril, Diana Krall, Sum 41 (better than most of the lot they chose), Our Lady Peace, etc.

not all is lost mr.x. our lady peace IS performing at the "O Zone" in Richmond. This is there the Holland House will be. It actually sounds like a hell of a lot of fun, more so than paying $50 for the V.C.

http://www.richmondozone.com/

Yea, that's what I thought as well with CTV paying a gazillion for 2010 it would be odd that they didn't air it on either MTV Canada or Muchmusic.

I'm thoroughly dissapointed, was expecting KD Lang, Avril, Diana Krall, Sum 41 (better than most of the lot they chose), Our Lady Peace, etc.

Burton Cummings is probably one of the greatest Canadian musicians of all time. Show some focking respect. He is the writer behind songs like American Woman and These Eyes and with The Guess Who became the first internationally successful Canadian rock band.

It would have been great if Randy Bachman performed with Cummings on that night but it seems unlikely.

It is disappointing that Shania Twain, Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, Bryan Adams, hell even Anne Murray, Sloan, I Mother Earth, Bif Naked, Alanis Morissette, Diana Krall, Chantal Kreviazuk, Sarah Harmer, Feist, Sam Roberts, Joel Plaskett, Nichelback, Avril lavigne, Finger Eleven, Sum 41, The Trews, Alexisonfire, Bedouin Soundclash, K-Os amongst others. And those are just the Canadian artists on my ipod.

I'm all for Mr. Cummings...if this were the "focking" 1964 Innsbruck Winter Games!! c'mon man, get real. you actually think he's a selling point for the V.C.? this guy could've played for mother teresa, but it doesn't make him a good headliner for the 2010 olympic games.

i'm just glad VANOC didn't choose your ipod to inspire them during these meetings.

Burton Cummings is probably one of the greatest Canadian musicians of all time. Show some focking respect. He is the writer behind songs like American Woman and These Eyes and with The Guess Who became the first internationally successful Canadian rock band.

It would have been great if Randy Bachman performed with Cummings on that night but it seems unlikely.

It is disappointing that Shania Twain, Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, Bryan Adams, hell even Anne Murray, Sloan, I Mother Earth, Bif Naked, Alanis Morissette, Diana Krall, Chantal Kreviazuk, Sarah Harmer, Feist, Sam Roberts, Joel Plaskett, Nichelback, Avril lavigne, Finger Eleven, Sum 41, The Trews, Alexisonfire, Bedouin Soundclash, K-Os amongst others. And those are just the Canadian artists on my ipod.