England 2018- World Cup Bid

Guardian

Yet all depends on your current financial situation in the world, including in Engleskoj.Rivalstvo to be very sports as soon as the League looks between England on one side and Holland and Belgium on the other side of the WM League 2018.Oba competitor have their own advantages, chances and disadvantages, and in the end will, however, with one of the rivals get the organization, and until then is very long, difficult and thorny path.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Beckham has been named as an ambassador for the Football Association's bid to bring the World Cup to England in 2018. The former England captain, who won his 107th cap as a substitute in the 3-1 victory over Belarus last week, is joined by John Barnes, who made 78 international appearances as a winger.

'I'm proud to be part of the FA's 2018 World Cup bid and will do everything I can to help bring the tournament to England,' Beckham said. 'I was able to play my part in the successful London 2012 Olympic Bid - I've had the privilege to play in three World Cup tournaments and it's an incredible experience. Our fans are the best in the world and they deserve to watch the greatest tournament here.'

The FA confirmed that Beckham and Barnes' appointments are the first of what 'reflects an initial wave of ambassadorial roles as [they] will soon be joined by additional vice-presidents who will all support and advise the Bid's team and Executive Board.' Fifa is expected to announce the timetable for bidding later this month.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oc...anchesterunited

All that is nice to Beckham ponudu ambassador for the organization for the FIFA WM 2018 in football in England and I am a million percent confident that the sdanas already been decided that England gets the largest organization of football tamicenja, but when England won the organization Summer Olympic Games in 2012, it is in rlo short period of 6 years is almost impossible postici.Becham had a happiness that is at the head of the Organizing Committee of London shortly before the final choice selected Sebastian Cou, Zidane did not have a happiness that Paris gets the Games or organization Franz Klammer at large Salzburga.Dakle the stars are ambassadors for sport, but did not guarantee that a certain candidate and get Rob organizaciju.Toliko about ovj topic, and I think that the facts discussed, but everyone has the right to favor their candidates.

All that is nice to Beckham ponudu ambassador for the organization for the FIFA WM 2018 in football in England and I am a million percent confident that the sdanas already been decided that England gets the largest organization of football tamicenja, but when England won the organization Summer Olympic Games in 2012, it is in rlo short period of 6 years is almost impossible postici.Becham had a happiness that is at the head of the Organizing Committee of London shortly before the final choice selected Sebastian Cou, Zidane did not have a happiness that Paris gets the Games or organization Franz Klammer at large Salzburga.Dakle the stars are ambassadors for sport, but did not guarantee that a certain candidate and get Rob organizaciju.Toliko about ovj topic, and I think that the facts discussed, but everyone has the right to favor their candidates.

Huh?

:blink:

Rubbish. If this thread teaches you anything, it should have shown you that there are plenty of clubs who are investing now to look towards hosting games at the 2018 tournament. Do you really think they'd be doing that if they felt they'd be putting their futures in jeopardy?

It's they who will be putting the money in, not the government. So why couldn't we 'afford it' again?

Tottenham Hotspur have announced plans for a new 60,000 seat stadium next to our existing White Hart Lane stadium:

The Club is delighted to announce that, having concluded an extensive review of suitable sites and viable alternatives, its preferred stadium option is to remain at the Club's spiritual home in Tottenham - the option known to be the fans' favourite.

The existing 36,000 capacity stadium has remained unchanged for over a decade and the club is currently in the position of having 70,000 registered club members and a waiting list for season tickets of around 22,000 people.

The Club is preparing plans for a world class scheme incorporating a new stadium, Club museum, shops and homes, new facilities for the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation and important public space. The plans will enable the team to remain at the current site throughout construction.

Daniel Levy, Chairman of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club said:

"The Northumberland Development Project would deliver a world class scheme and substantial new investment for Haringey and our supporters. It represents a significant step in the growth of the Club, with a proposed stadium capacity of 60,000 and would provide state-of-the-art facilities, important public space, new jobs and homes and a significant boost for the local economy.

"It would also enable us to provide a new base for the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation so that its award winning programmes can continue and have an even greater impact in the local community.

"Tottenham Hotspur is proud of its roots in Haringey. We have been in the Borough for 126 years and the Club is inextricably linked with this part of London. We believe that this scheme has the potential to create a truly inspirational environment for the Club and the community as well as acting as the catalyst for the uplift of the wider area.

"We are at an early stage of what is part of our long term plans for the Club and now we want the views of local people and our fans. I hope people will take the time to look at our plans and let us have their comments."

Councillor George Meehan, Leader of Haringey Council, said:

"I am delighted that Tottenham Hotspur has confirmed its commitment to remain in our borough.

"We have always regarded Spurs as one of Haringey's prime assets. They bring major economic benefits to our borough and carry out some excellent community work through the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.

"But more than anything, Spurs has played an integral role in giving a sense of identity to the area it calls home. Tottenham would not be Tottenham without its football club.

"We have been working extremely hard to regenerate the Tottenham area, which suffered so much from industrial decline. Real progress is being made, and it is extremely pleasing that Spurs has demonstrated that they share our commitment to this continuing regeneration.

"But, as always, we will consider very carefully any plans that are submitted to us, as we strive to ensure that a new stadium delivers real benefits for all who live and work in the area."

The plans, which will be unveiled at the first public exhibition later this month, cover an area of around 20 acres including the site of the current ground and the adjacent industrial estate. The new stadium would be sited largely to the North of the existing one.

In policy terms, the area is within the 'Tottenham High Road Regeneration Corridor' and identified in the Haringey Unitary Development Plan (UDP) as a "major site for potential redevelopment" to act as a "catalyst for prime regeneration".

The transport infrastructure around the stadium is already in place, with 4 stations (White Hart Lane, Northumberland Park, Seven Sisters and Tottenham Hale) and over 100 buses an hour serving the stadium area. Together these deliver a total capacity in excess of 90,000 passengers an hour.

The recent introduction of a match-day Controlled Parking Zone together with improved dedicated match-day services and a public information campaign to supporters, means that just over a third of people now come by car with the majority using public transport.

The Club will now undertake a thorough consultation programme with the local community and will also continue to consult with supporters. A first public exhibition is being organised to present the Club's vision for the area with the public invited to make comment on the plans. These comments will be considered and more detailed information will then be presented at a second exhibition before a planning application is submitted to Haringey Council.

The exhibition will take place in the Bill Nicholson Suite at the stadium during the following times:

- Friday 14 November, 10am - 5pm

- Saturday 15 November, 10am - 5pm

- Sunday 16 November, 10am - 5pm

- Monday 17 November, 12pm - 8pm

- Tuesday 18 November, 10am - 5pm

As always we shall look to keep you, our supporters, along with the local community of Haringey, as informed and up-to-date as possible.

On Friday 14 November, the Club will launch a special section of the website dedicated to our future plans. Please visit it at http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futureplans to see the emerging plans and to let us have your comments.

B):)

Yes I know. Spurs have been quietly buying up a lot of land north of their current stadium over the last year. The footprint of this area is significantly bigger than the current site (the square between Paxton Rd, Northumberland Park, Worcester Av and the High Road):

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&...mp;t=h&z=17

Levy said on SSN that a timeframe will become clear over the next few months; I'd guess it'll still be 3-4 years out yet since planning permission and financing has to be sorted.

Spurs have already spent £44m on buying up the surrounding land so it's a pretty serious proposal despite being in the very early stages. I can't wait to see the renders in a fortnight!

Chelsea ponder £500m Battersea move

Chelsea are considering advanced plans for a new stadium next to Battersea Power Station, three miles from their current home at Stamford Bridge. The proposed new ground would hold between 65,000 and 75,000 fans and would have a retractable roof. It has been designed by HOK Sports, the company that built Wembley Stadium, the Emirates and the north stand at the Bridge.

The plans have been presented to club executives by architects from the company's Putney base and a representative from HOK's New York office.

One HOK employee said: 'The presentation was very impressive and was common knowledge around the place. Everyone was talking about it and the pictures of the new stadium were stuck up on the walls at the Putney office.'

The new site is across the Thames in south London and it would take an hour to walk there from Stamford Bridge. It is also in a different borough, Wandsworth, to the stadium that has been the club's home since their formation in 1905 - facts likely to cause controversy among fans.

The proposed development is expected to cost up to £500m and would, a source confirmed, be funded in part by the development of Stamford Bridge into luxury apartments. This mirrors the model Arsenal followed when moving from Highbury to the Emirates in 2006. Penthouses at the redeveloped site went on sale for £1m and the cheapest apartment currently available costs £375,000. About 90 per cent of the original build has now been sold, giving Arsenal a profit of more than £100m.

While Highbury is one of the more expensive areas of the capital in which to buy property, it is dwarfed by the value of land at Stamford Bridge's west London location in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.

While Arsenal were restricted to 711 apartments at Highbury, as the old stadium was a listed building, Stamford Bridge has no such limitations. With its far greater area, including the club's Chelsea Village complex and extensive parking, at least 1,000 properties could be built.

Despite the credit crisis, which is affecting the price of property, Chelsea would expect high interest in what is an exclusive area of prime real estate, allowing them to profit from the move. Arsenal's decision to leave Highbury has placed them among the biggest earners in world football. The club's matchday revenue is about £3m for every home game.

Chelsea's problem might be filling the new stadium. They have had to cut ticket prices for Champions League group matches this season after not selling out all games last year and on occasion have bought adverts in newspapers to try to sell tickets for some Premier League games.

A club spokesperson last night told Observer Sport that no decision had been reached. 'Chelsea have been linked with countless sites away from Stamford Bridge, but the club is still evaluating options to develop the club's current stadium. Only when those options have been exhausted will we consider moving.'

To move, Chelsea would need the nod from Chelsea Pitch Owners, a non-profit organisation formed in 1997 to prevent Stamford Bridge being sold again to property developers. They own the naming rights to the club - so could force Chelsea to change their name if the club left the ground without their backing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/no...-league-chelsea

Spoke too soon:

OBSERVER STADIUM STORY DENIED

Posted on: Sat 08 Nov 2008

Chelsea Football Club has issued the following statement in response to a story in The Observer newspaper today (Sunday) saying the club is considering building a new stadium in Battersea.

The statement said:

'This story is total nonsense. Chelsea is not actively considering moving to this site in Battersea.

'Chelsea has been linked with a whole host of high profile sites in London before, including this one.

'We are approached on a regular basis by developers and others with a commercial interest in driving up the price of property.

'The architects HOK have not been commissioned by Chelsea to build a stadium and do not work for the club. Their approach was unsolicited.

'Chelsea's position on stadium development is very clear. We will not be considering moving away from our present stadium until all possibilities of redeveloping Stamford Bridge are exhausted.

'Most people are well aware of the difficulties involved in redeveloping Stamford Bridge.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0...1448876,00.html

As I understand it from how this issue has been covered in the past, most people who know far more about these issues than me think that the maximum capacity Stamford Bridge can go to is 55,000. If Roman Abramovich is serious about running Chelsea on an even keel financially, then he has to look at the ground capacity because they are losing millions to Manchester United every matchday, just as Liverpool are. The sooner they decide what they're doing and get on with it, the better.

Trouble is, they've not got the fanbase to support a 70,000 seater...

Chelsea's problem might be filling the new stadium. They have had to cut ticket prices for Champions League group matches this season after not selling out all games last year and on occasion have bought adverts in newspapers to try to sell tickets for some Premier League games.

I see newspaper ads for Chelsea tickets all the time and they advertise on London radio; the only big London club to do so. It'd be a huge ask for Chelsea to become a sustainable venture and I can't see it happening for at least a decade or so; and that's being optimistic.

I was in Crewe last weekend and I'm in Coventry this weekend. What a glamourous life I lead.

But seriously speaking, I don't see why Chelsea couldn't fill a bigger stadium if they get their ticket pricing right. While I would concede that they have probably yet to develop the larger traditional fanbase that clubs like Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Tottenham have, I do feel the fact that Chelsea did not sell out every game last season would also have something to do with the relatively high ticket prices for some of the less glamourous Premier League games.

Fabio Capello called up by FA to help England's bid for 2018 World Cup

Fabio Capello, the England manager, heads the list of six more vice-presidents of the Football Association's 2018 World Cup bid team announced on Tuesday.

The FA believe that Capello's personality and reputation as one of the globe's finest coaches will help them persuade Fifa powerbrokers to vote for England.

The FA have already named David Beckham, John Barnes and England women's team coach Hope Powell as vice-presidents and Capello will join the trio on a charm offensive. England's manager will be used to meet and greet the Fifa executive committee members who will decide whether the 2018 World Cup is staged in England, Spain, Russia or Australia.

Between now and when the vote is made in 2011, England are scheduling a series of friendlies with countries whose federations boast Fifa executive committee members. Between training sessions, Capello will be asked to do goodwill visits and promotional work for 2018.

“I shall do everything I can to help England’s cause,’’ Capello said. “This is an opportunity to offer England’s future players the chance to represent their country in front of their own fans and as national coach I know what an exciting prospect that is. My prime responsibility is to build a national team that will compete at the highest level but if I can also help to strengthen England’s claims to stage the World Cup tournament I shall consider it a tremendous honour.”

The make-up of the 2018 executive board has been criticised as overly political, with people such as Baroness Amos, Gerry Sutcliffe and Richard Caborn involved, but the vice-presidents are primarily football figures. The two exceptions are Lord Stern, a political ally of Gordon Brown and noted for a report on climate change.

The FA believe that Stern's presence will give their bid a "green'' feel. The Tesco chief executive, Sir Terry Leahy, is also among the six unveiled by the FA on Tuesday. A keen Everton supporter, Leahy has worked with the FA on a skills scheme, although the presence of somebody from the supermarket business will inevitably raise the sensitive issue of the selling-off of school playing fields for commercial development.

The Professional Footballers Association's chief executive, Gordon Taylor, brings his experience to the 2018 cause and an ability to provide players for promotional activities. The FA are keen to remind Fifa that the Premier League is effectively the world league based in England; supportive comments from some of the elite's foreign stars will undoubtedly follow.

In an attempt to address Premier League concerns over the balance of the bid, the FA have appointed Chelsea's chief executive, Peter Kenyon, as a vice-president. Superficially a controversial selection because of his occasional habit of making outlandish statements, Kenyon allows the FA to tap into Chelsea's increasing worldwide glamour and contacts. (Manchester United's David Gill is already on board.)

The sixth vice-president chosen was Geoff Thompson, Lord Triesman's predecessor as FA chairman and now vice-president of Fifa. Although Thompson proved a hopeless chairman, he has become a highly-respected figure in the corridors of power at Fifa and Uefa. Apart from the FA's head of international relations, Jane Bateman, no one at Soho Square knows more administrators at the top of world football than Thompson.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...p-Football.html

Archived