Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arwebb

F1: 2006

The Honda's not bad, either, especially with Button on pole tomorrow in Melbourne. Come on Jenson.

Come on Alonso! :;):

And the Spanish are leading too in motorbikes. 2 first places in 125cc and 250cc and a 2nd place in Moto GP. :wwww:

So, given that he has a 14 point lead in the Championship after only three races, doesn't that make Alonso's move to McLaren for next year somewhat strange?

So, given that he has a 14 point lead in the Championship after only three races, doesn't that make Alonso's move to McLaren for next year somewhat strange?

Yeah, I think so... :oo:

I've just seen the race. Alonso is in a class of his own. How unlucky was Button though?!  :(

Somewhat presumptious, I'd say. I reckon the possibility is still a very big if.

when Alonso is gone next year there is place for Schumacher. And Schumacher already won a title with Renault, so why not driving again for Briatore?

First of all, the only comment we've had from Schumacher's representative said they would talk to Ferrari first.

I also suspect the only move Schumacher's likely to make from Ferrari is into retirement.

Schumacher has worked a lot of time for Ferrari, mch too long. So he will take the chance to go to Briatore if he will get an offer.

There are obvious attractions of the Renault package, given that Alonso is heading for McLaren (a move I still don't understand) and assuming that it remains competitive next year.

All that said, Schumacher is well into his 30s, has done everything in his sport and earned goodness knows how much money in the process. If he doesn't mount a significant challenge for the world title this year, and it doesn't look likely at present, I think he will head towards retirement. After all, why risk life and limb on the track if your heart's not in it any more?

And how do you figure he's been at Ferrari too long? Five world championships and two very near misses isn't a bad return, is it?

Just before this latest F1 race final results are known at San Marino, Michael Schumacher achieved a new F1 record there: 66 pole positions in his career.

Schumi Breaks Senna Pole Record

Wouldn't it have been wonderful to see Schumacher and Senna slugging it out? 12 years on, he may have gone but he will never be forgotten.

In Summer Schumacher will decide if he stays with Ferrari or take one of the offers: Renault or RedBull

I root for Kimi. Really talented and charming, with his blue eyes and small voice :;):

Go Kimi, France stands on your side...

The new French ambassador to motorsport??

Seriously, he needs all the help he can get.

Fernando Alonso world champion again in 2006.

Second Michael Schumacher and third Kimi Raikkonen.

As we now can see this year´s tournament will be very dramatic. And Schumacher has an offer of 35 million USD from Ferrari which he should take.