F1: 2006

arwebb

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Honda's not bad, either, especially with Button on pole tomorrow in Melbourne. Come on Jenson.

Come on Alonso! :;):

And the Spanish are leading too in motorbikes. 2 first places in 125cc and 250cc and a 2nd place in Moto GP. :wwww:

So, given that he has a 14 point lead in the Championship after only three races, doesn't that make Alonso's move to McLaren for next year somewhat strange?

Yeah, I think so... :oo:

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, the only comment we've had from Schumacher's representative said they would talk to Ferrari first.

I also suspect the only move Schumacher's likely to make from Ferrari is into retirement.

There are obvious attractions of the Renault package, given that Alonso is heading for McLaren (a move I still don't understand) and assuming that it remains competitive next year.

All that said, Schumacher is well into his 30s, has done everything in his sport and earned goodness knows how much money in the process. If he doesn't mount a significant challenge for the world title this year, and it doesn't look likely at present, I think he will head towards retirement. After all, why risk life and limb on the track if your heart's not in it any more?

And how do you figure he's been at Ferrari too long? Five world championships and two very near misses isn't a bad return, is it?

Archived