F1: 2006

arwebb

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although there are several new candidates to host races every year (i.e. China, Russia, Doha, Dubai etc) I think it´s important that USA will stay in the schedule. Car racing has a long tradition there and a season without an US race will be a loss for the F1 circus.

No it won't. The 1990's went by (From 1992 at least.) without a race in the U.S.A. and no one batted an eyelid.

Bernie is also actively looking into dropping one of the German and one of the Italian races. (That'll be San Marino.)

There are only three tracks i'd like to see a U.S. Grand Prix on. Laguna Seca (What's up with the Corkscrew? Amazing.) Raod America and a return to Long Beach. (origonal Shoreline Drive track.)

You can take Indy and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Although there are several new candidates to host races every year (i.e. China, Russia, Doha, Dubai etc) I think it´s important that USA will stay in the schedule. Car racing has a long tradition there and a season without an US race will be a loss for the F1 circus.

No it won't. The 1990's went by (From 1992 at least.) without a race in the U.S.A. and no one batted an eyelid.

Bernie is also actively looking into dropping one of the German and one of the Italian races. (That'll be San Marino.)

There are only three tracks i'd like to see a U.S. Grand Prix on. Laguna Seca (What's up with the Corkscrew? Amazing.) Raod America and a return to Long Beach. (origonal Shoreline Drive track.)

You can take Indy and shove it where the sun don't shine.

No to Watkins Glen in NY state? I thought its original design was for F1 and that F1 cars did race on that track in the past.

F1 outgrew Watkins Glen about 25 years ago.

I see. Well, it was worth a shot anyway. The basic framework of the track is still there, but it is now tuned for one of the two "road races" for NASCAR.

As for the Canadian one, I think the track in Montreal will be the one for F1 for a long while. Of course, some of us read the rumors about someone trying to move it out of there before.

Montreal is one of the best tracks on the calendar. Don't even think about moving the Canadian GP.

Yeah. I was surprised, when someone here posted an article about moving the F1 race from Montreal to Toronto. Don't think the Villeneuve family would like that at all.

Montreal is one of the best tracks on the calendar. Don't even think about moving the Canadian GP.

Yeah. I was surprised, when someone here posted an article about moving the F1 race from Montreal to Toronto. Don't think the Villeneuve family would like that at all.

Then they'd have to lump it. Formula One isn't swayed by what one family has to say. This ain't NASCAR which is run by a 'Good old Boys' group. (Thank god.)

Anyway, My big favorites for this year are Kimi Räikönen with McLaren-Mercedes, Alonso and maybe Michael Schumacher

My list is the contrary:

1. Michael Schumacher (with his new car), 2. Fernando Alonso and 3. Kimi Räikkönen.

Ferrari have plenty to prove after a poor 2005 and Schumacher will surely have to do more of the work, because Massa isn't in the same class as Barrichello, yet.

Yeah, I agree with you, but Schumacher will always be Schumacher...

Ferrari have plenty to prove after a poor 2005 and Schumacher will surely have to do more of the work, because Massa isn't in the same class as Barrichello, yet.

.....overrated, relying on Ross Brawn and a crappy teammate to make him look good.

.....overrated, relying on Ross Brawn and a crappy teammate to make him look good.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?

I think it was more jealousy than anything. In fact, I don't know whether Toronto is going to have any races this time around. With that, I mean the Indy race as an example.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Ok, I am German, BUT I AM NOT A FAN of Schumi. But to say, that a 6- or 7-time World Champion is overrated, is not fair. Give him the respect he deserves.

Schumacher is not in the same class as the likes of Senna, Prost, Lauda, Stewart, etc for two reasons:

1. Very little meaningful competition. How many titles was he really pushed to win?

2. Team-mates not being allowed to beat him.

3. Adelaide 1994 - if you need to win a world title so badly you have to take your rival out to stop him winning it, then you can shove it.

Archived