F1: 2006

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, talk about South Korea getting in the international sportlight recently. First, the 2014 Olympic Winter Games bid by PyeongChang. Second, the 2011 IAAF World Athletics Championships bid by Busan. Third, the 2012 World's Fair bid by Yeosu. Fourth, the various world championships in most winter sports in the forementioned PyeongChang area. Fifth, the most-likely winning candidacy by the South Korean foreign minister to become the next UN Secretary-General.

Now, the slating of South Korea's first F-1 Grand Prix race at Yeongnam for the 2010 racing season. Yeongnam is about 240 miles south of Seoul:

Link: BBC: South Korea Unveils F1 Race Plans

If that were the case the stewards would have looked upon Schumacher's blocking incident at Monaco much more favourably and he wouldn't have been sent to the back of the grid, especially as he was quite a long way behind Fernando at that point in the season.

If that were the case the stewards would have looked upon Schumacher's blocking incident at Monaco much more favourably and he wouldn't have been sent to the back of the grid, especially as he was quite a long way behind Fernando at that point in the season.

They could hardly not penalise Schumacher for what he did at Monaco. But, to penalise Alonso for doing absolutely nothing in Ferrari's own backyard at a stage when the championship race was much tighter was farcical, totally unjustified and, given the authorities' failures to punish Schumacher for misdemeanours in the past, you can hardly blame people for wondering what the hell was going on.

Meanwhile, one of today's papers claims Alonso feels Renault don't want him to win the World Championship.

ALONSO: MY TEAM WANT ME TO LOSE

Just to keep the whole 'bias' issue spinning, Flavio Briatore has accused Felipe Massa of blocking Fernando Alonso in qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Renault criticise Massa tactics

Now, I haven't seen the incident but after what happened to Alonso at Monza, surely any driver wouldn't be so stupid as to do the slightest thing of that ilk, knowing the controversy it would cause.

Then again, nothing will happen. It is Ferrari, after all.

Alonso, after all the punishments of the last races, has made a lot of merits to won... Schumacher is a great driver, but his era finished last year, sorry. :angry:

Alonso, after all the punishments of the last races, has made a lot of merits to won... Schumacher is a great driver, but his era finished last year, sorry. :angry:

Last year? why? He is much closer to the top this season. I doubt Alonso will lose his crown in Brazil, but anything can happen.

I really dislike both of them. Come on Kimi, the next title is yours.

Last year? why? He is much closer to the top this season. I doubt Alonso will lose his crown in Brazil, but anything can happen.

dream my friend...just dreams

Kimi has been a total ghost this year...

Won Schumacher last year? No. So The Era Schumacher finished last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived