F1: 2006

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

No more competition than last year, as far as I can see.

As the F1 bandwagon rolls into Montreal for Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix, Bernie Ecclestone is talking tough over the future of the American race.

Ecclestone digs in over US deal

I reckon he needs to be a wee bit careful. It's not as though F1 made many friends in the US last year, is it?

Another Alonso pole in Canada.

Alonso takes pole for Canadian GP

Is it just me, or is this starting to get a tad tedious?

Michael Schumacher was tedious during the last 7 years... now the sovereignty of Alonso has arrived. Bye Schumi! B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any Alonso fan has to be worried now. Not only has Schumacher now cut the gap to 11 points after winning in Germany today, but the Ferrari is now, quite clearly, the best car out there. Renault and Alonso have problems, and not a lot of time to sort them out.

:lol:

I'm soooo happy with that result! The best race I've seen for years and a well earneed victory for Jenson. I never thought I'd be nervous watching F1 but I felt horrible with 15 laps to go. Well done Button - nice to hear the British national anthem again!

union_flag.jpg

Some might say that all the big names didn't finish today as if this is a problem, forgetting the old saying 'To finish first, first you must finish'.

They may also forget that before Alonso retired, Button was closing on him at a rate of around two seconds per lap and Schumacher never got close to him. Button won that race because he was the best driver out there. Simple as that.

The thing is with Button is his driving style is as good as anyone's - he's Mr reliable. Button doesn't do spin-offs and spectacular crashes, but the trouble is, he doesn't (until now) do wins either. I think that has more to do with his car than his driving ability though. When Button retires from a race it's always from a blown engine or a mechanical probelm and never from driver error. If he gets a more reliable car, he could be a contender.

The most overrated driver in F1 history?! He's not even the most overrated driver on the grid! For me, Shumi's little brother takes that accolade.

Archived