F1: 2006

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though this post is not about F1 directly, the circuit track the F1 uses right now in Montreal could also host a NASCAR race next year. I don't know how popular NASCAR is in Canada, in comparison to F1. Calgary, Toronto, Hamilton, Fort Erie, and Richmond (BC) are being considered for NASCAR races as well from other sources, but it seems that Montreal is front and center for its first stint into Canada:

NASCAR Eyes Montreal Expansion

Still Alonso's championship to lose, for the moment.

Alonso won in Spain! Have you seen the 'blue sea'? There were Asturian flags and Renault caps EVERYWHERE! :wwww:

ALONSO THE BEST!!!

and the Alonso and Spanish supporters too!!

What a crowded grand prix!!! 131,200!!!

And all those Spanish flags!!! :) The most exciting moment was Alonso passing by the 130,000 Spanish supporters  :wwww:

Alonso accepting the Spanish applause

What an exciting Sunday for Spanish sport. Pedrosa won in Moto GP, Nadal the Rome Master Series and Alonso in F1.

I really hope Alonso or Weber wins tomorrow. Ferrari and Schumacher made a mockery of qualifying this afternoon. I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but the way he "crashed" seemed very sus.

It's such a shame that one of the greatest ever F1 drivers feels the need to cheat on occassions.

Remember the way he took Damon Hill out at Adelaide in 1994 to make sure he won the championship? I do, and I still find it amazing how he got away with something so blatant.

As for today's incident, I haven't seen it, but it certainly sounds dodgy.

Remember the way he took Damon Hill out at Adelaide in 1994 to make sure he won the championship? I do, and I still find it amazing how he got away with something so blatant.

As for today's incident, I haven't seen it, but it certainly sounds dodgy.

I do remember that. Great driver, but I don't like him.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting comments from Juan Pablo Montoya and Fernando Alonso ahead of Sunday's Fosters British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

Montoya warns of British GP risks

For me, the first thing to say is if Montoya is saying those kind of things now, it's not doing his chances this weekend much good.

Of course Silverstone has some very fast corners but that is part of the challenge of one of the few genuinely entertaining tracks left in Formula One. The place needs money spending on it, and I'm sure that will be one area Damon Hill in his new role as president of the British Racing Drivers Club (the track's owners) will look at. But, come on. Saying it now isn't going to achieve much, is it?

Archived