New Sochi Logo Leaked?

gotosy

If its real, the Sochi.ru logo will be the WORST Olympic logo ever. End of story. Its the logo for the Olympic games, not a fucking website.

Heck, I'd rather have Sochi 2014 written down in black Arial on a white background... Sochi.ru is just ugly and lazy.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not gonna comment till the official launch, this could all be smoke and mirrors.

It does amaze me however in this day and age how they can keep anything secret. I cant believe the first we saw of the London logo was at the launch day, there must be so many people that see it and produce materials for the launch. What time is it launched Monday, anyone know?

Vancouver's logo wasn't revealed until launch day if i recall. but i agree, it will be difficult to to keep it a secret. i do like the ring of feathers logo though.

I found these pictures of the leaked Sochi logo. (I have read that this logo has been rejected however)

1073931259197605.jpg

1073931259197622.jpg

Actually, it works quite well even as a white on blue bkgd.

And the interpretation of the 5 colors...that's nice: blue for sea/day sky; yellow for the gold; green for the environment; red for the passion; and black either for the oil or the night sky -- and that they all interweave into one harmonous cycle.

If its real, the Sochi.ru logo will be the WORST Olympic logo ever. End of story. Its the logo for the Olympic games, not a fucking website.

Heck, I'd rather have Sochi 2014 written down in black Arial on a white background... Sochi.ru is just ugly and lazy.

i agree 100%

but my expectations for sochi are not very high, and this ugly thing (logo) would support this feeling

The more I look at the logo, the more interesting I find it:

- it's not Sochi.ru, the 2014 part is a whole part of the logo (at least, it's one step back from London approach where London and 2012 do not stand one next to the other) and the rings are more prominent than in London's logo as well

- the mirror effect between Sochi and 2014 is actually rather smart and can be interpreted as the reflection of the mountain in the see

- I have made the test: out of 10 people who had no clue where Sochi was, 8 could associate either the .ru and/or flag colours with Russia

Can't say I love it but my initial reaction is better than the one to London's logo (which I have grown to like a lot). I see a strong potential for this logo / brand and I am looking forward to the presentation tomorrow.

The Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee today announced that as a mark of respect for the people who have tragically lost their lives or been injured in Friday’s Nevsky Express train derailment, the programme of the Sochi 2014 Olympic brand launch has been modified. The celebratory aspect, due on November 30th, has been cancelled.

The business of organizing Russia’s first Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games continues, and we will now introduce the world’s newest Olympic brand on Tuesday 1 December at 11am Moscow Time / 8am GMT at a press conference with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Moscow. Closed-doors concerts in Red Square and Sochi will also be recorded and broadcast in the coming days.

We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time, and look forward to sharing with you the Sochi 2014 Olympic emblem, which will become a symbol of innovation and inspiration.

WHEN: Tuesday 1 December 2009 press conference at 11.00am Moscow Time / 8.00am GMT

WHERE: Streamed live at www.sochi2014.ru – click ‘English’ option as required. You can also follow us at www.twitter.com/sochi2014oc or www.facebook.com/sochi2014

WHO:

Dmitry Chernyshenko, President and CEO of the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee

Jacques Rogge, IOC President

Jean-Claude Killy, IOC Coordination Commission Chairman

Dmitry Kozak, Deputy Prime Minister of Russia

d1sm-vi.jpg

If the logo is like in this picture, i.e. without the "mirror" effect between the words "Sochi" and "2014", IMO it looses all the interesting effect that it had in the previous photo that I saw here some days ago. :rolleyes:

But let's wait 'till tomorrow morning and we'll find out how it really is...

What??? The mirroring of the logo on that shirt looks completely different from that fuzzy first picture:

sochi.jpg

d1sm-vi.jpg

There's no real mirroring effect on the shirt anymore. Also the "i" and the "1" look different from the first picture.

Maybe that shirt is just a cheap, badly-made copy and that guy is a street hawker. :lol:

So i agree: If the official logo really looked like the one on the shirt, it would be crap.

I still like it! hi!ru

Not sure why everyone keep saying it's like London....I guess the infill.....as though London invented infill....or was the first Olympic graphics program to use it. I just THANK GOD there is not little cute stick figure doing a little sports hop or mini stride!!! Let the GRAPHICS begin, it's going to be a great campaign.

sochi.jpg

^ Am I alone here, or does that say Sochi 2024?

No, you're not alone. I'd thought the same when I first saw the fuzzzy pic.

The t-shirt pic is a lot clearer, but then again, it's not exactly the same as the fuzzy pic. Actually, the t-shirt logo looks even worse!

I hope this is all a big tease and it's totally different from the real one.

Well, if you look closely, you'll see that, instead of a mirror effect, there is a cross effect. And it looks very fluid to me. I love how the strokes of the H "connect" with the strokes of the number 4. I think I like this even better than the one we've seen before.

Archived