gotosy

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is another alleged leaked logo...

sochi.jpg

...from this Russian article

Google translation below...

On Monday at the Red Square in Moscow will be presented to a brand new logo and the Olympic Winter Games 2014 in Sochi.

Now an image of a snowflake on a blue background with a red ribbon at the bottom. It came up when Sochi was only a candidate for an Olympic capital - 2014, says government official: "He was all happy, but according to the rules of the International Olympic Committee's logo after the election of the capital city of the Olympics should be changed."

The new logo (see illustration) - is the inscription in two lines: the first - sochi.ru, the second - 2014 and the image of the five Olympic rings. Color labels (the main painted tricolor) will vary to sponsor the Games to use their corporate colors. Two sources close to the process of development and harmonization of the logo, confirmed that it is this version will be presented on Monday.

The first reaction of those who saw the creation of designers - surprise, recognized as one of the interlocutors "Vedomosti:" That's good, when the logo is such a feeling. " Key words in the logo - sochi.ru. It is moving not only the Olympics and Sochi, Russia as a whole, he explains: "In the minds of people should be associated with the Olympics Sochi, Sochi and - with Russia." We have knowledge of the capital of the Games in 2014, foreigners are few, agrees another source. The new logo agreed by the government "at the highest level," he assures. A spokesman for Prime Minister Dmitry Peskov confirmed that Vladimir Putin saw the new logo.

The overall cost of developing the logo in the organizing committee is not known, but at the organizing committee provides information on previously conducted tenders for brand promotion in the Internet and on the "services of the brand" - the marginal cost of the contract for each of which was 10 million rubles.

Several members of the advertising market argue that, for their information, the main developer of the brand Sochi-2014 was engaged in the international branding agency Interbrand, one of the most famous in the world. Order this level should have been closer to $ 1 million, experts estimate. Earlier, the representative of the agency told Vedomosti that the standard cost of the projects worked on by Interbrand, - $ 0, 6-1 million

Head of Russia's office of Interbrand Nicola Stanishev confirmed that the company participated in the tender for the development of the Olympic brand, but from other comments, as the representative of the organizing committee, refused.

Director BBDO Branding Group Turhanov Mahmudov new logo Sochi like: it is modern, fashionable and fully meets the requirements of the digital era. Furthermore, it perfectly solves the problem of warning the world that this Olympiad will be held in Russia. "This is an option without the extremes, and perhaps someone waiting to see the revolutionary work were not justified, - considers Makhmudov. - But the project is consistent at the government level, such a wide range of stakeholders, could not be too radical. " The fee for the implementation of the agency of such a large complex project was supposed to start at $ 500 000, he said.

"Using the Domain zone - an unexpected move, but communication and justified: what is Sochi, no one outside the former Soviet Union did not know, but to raise interest in Russia is - says CEO of consulting company" Dymshits & Partners Michael Dymshits. - In addition, it is one of the most compact and informative Olympic logo.

Maxim Tovkaylo, Yelena Vinogradova

The Russian leak seems to be a logo that follows the path of London 2012's concept.

Interestingly, the domain Sochi.ru (as depicted in the logo) was just recently tranferred into the Sochi 2014 organizing committee's opossession and now resolves to their website. Coincidence? You decide, but this logo seems to have some credibility.

If that is the logo, I would be quite disappointed. I absolutely hate how the traditional format of the logo (symbol, name/year, olympic rings) is being ditched, and I blame London for this.

I've heard that the IOC wanted a change in the way cities brand their Games from something less corporate and stale in format to something more commercial. But if not, Sochi's logo was Sochi's call. No reason to blame London for something another city decided to do. And compared to each other, London's and Sochi's concept, as pointed by Rob, can actually be considered opposites in way.

But - I'm going to maintain that it's too bad to be the real thing. It has the worst aspects of the pre-London logo format and the worst aspects of the new, more commerical logos in general.

Just realized something - why would they have the Olympic rings in color but over a black background? The black ring gets lots in all the black.

Either the agency Sochi hired to create that logo was bad enough at what they were hired to do to overlook such simple things OR someone unfamiliar to how the rings are usually used created that logo for fun. The latter is more likely I think.

Just realized something - why would they have the Olympic rings in color but over a black background? The black ring gets lots in all the black.

Either the agency Sochi hired to create that logo was bad enough at what they were hired to do to overlook such simple things OR someone unfamiliar to how the rings are usually used created that logo for fun. The latter is more likely I think.

This could be one of the styles. They said this will be dynamic and change colours and the colours depicted in this version have the Sochi text in mostly white which stands out on a black background. This photo is of low quality so even the black may not be black but just a dark colour. Maybe this was on a shirt or a tie or something like that.

This is all just so ironic to me! Who are the IOC and SOCOG's advisors? How dumb can they be? How is branding something with simple ring colours or flag colours original commercializing branding? There is NO original identity in either of those ideas! And people who don't know (and wont know) about Sochi being in Russia and hosting the games are the same people who probably wont know what Russia's flag looks like anyway, much less identify that .ru is a website.

If either of these logos is official I will LOVE LOVE LOVE London's by comparison. The only thing London has going for it is ORIGINALITY and VISIBILITY. It makes merchandising easy. It's an image that's associated with a period of time, not churned out patriotic and/or Olympic letterhead that looks like it could have been made at any old time. I can understand they want to look at least a little bit timeless to lessen the post-2014 burnout, but it's like they aren't even trying.

But, this could all just be speculation, of course. :lol:

If either of these logos is official I will LOVE LOVE LOVE London's by comparison. The only thing London has going for it is ORIGINALITY and VISIBILITY. It makes merchandising easy. It's an image that's associated with a period of time, not churned out patriotic and/or Olympic letterhead that looks like it could have been made at any old time. I can understand they want to look at least a little bit timeless to lessen the post-2014 burnout, but it's like they aren't even trying.

We have Vancouver to blame for this. OK, at least 3 summer Games used the runner figure in various configurations: sharp-pointy things for Barcelona, the boomerangs for Sydney...and the wet noodles for Beijing.

So what does Vancouver do? Bring out a STONE IDOL...dumbed down to some plastic, lego concept. And this was to denote motion & excitement? :blink:

And the IOC approved it? The old egg-heads at the IOC are either getting really addled or being sold down by the river by hack consultants.

Someone went to alot of trouble with the feathers logo and while it is at least pleasant to look at I don't feel too much for it either. That .ru thing just suits this whole branding craze, so I think that's gonna be it (but fingers crossed that sanity prevails). I am out of reach of the internet for 2.5 weeks from tomorrow so I won't even know.

I don't think the 'firebird' logo is the official one either. I think it was merely one of many entered into a competition.

The sochi.ru one does seem quite credible. Sochi does not have the profile of London, Vancouver etc so from a branding point of view it does make sense to create a logo explicitly about the city and the fact that it is in Russia.

Who knows.

Im not gonna comment till the official launch, this could all be smoke and mirrors.

It does amaze me however in this day and age how they can keep anything secret. I cant believe the first we saw of the London logo was at the launch day, there must be so many people that see it and produce materials for the launch. What time is it launched Monday, anyone know?

Archived