Follow The Torch Relay Live Follow The Link

• 3 weeks later...

I went to see the torch relay this morning and it was pretty cool. There were probably around 500-600 persons, mostly school kids.

Now I'm watching on the CTV website and...Elena Isinbaeva is carrying the torch in Montreal! :o Earlier today, Pirmin Zurbrigen was carrying it! :o Does VANOC pay to bring all these athletes to Canada for 2 minutes?

15-25,000 people showed up to see the cauldron lit in Halifax, hopefully we can see this in other communities.

Might be very hard since it`s start to get really cold.... here in Montreal we where a lot of peoples.... waiting for the flame... but so many peoples left because they could bear the cold... we also just had our first snow storm. But it was a really gr8 experience... i'M just back home 5 minutes ago from the lighting of the torch in old montreal. The music they choice for the arrival of the flame was really intense.... at one point I was not even one meter from the torch.... the security had to control everybody. Also the ceremony was fully billangual..... with 50% english-50% french. Everybody could take a picture of themselves with torch sample in front of a whistler background. the picture is free and getting release online 48 hrs after. Free pin, free flag. The torch audience was quite cospopolitan.... most of the peoples where from all over the world with a big group of russian with their new olympic clothes.

Montreal also marked the first major protest since Victoria.

[/qu

I know at one point they been closed to cancelled the ceremony because you got so many protesters around the stage and until the flame came it they were so loud the festivities was more againt then for the games.... they were giving also flag and pin againt the olympic... and you got a few others anti movement.... like the one againt the cruelty on animals... peta..... I didnt understand that one.... !

• 2 weeks later...

So last night was the night. 3 hours in the bitter cold to see Kevin Sullivan carry the torch into City Hall and light the community cauldron. I was right at the barrier with Kevin's brother Colin (we are related) and about 5,000 other people. It was really well organized, there is no problems in the Brantford portion (there was protests blocking the route through Six Nations). I unfortunately didn't have a camera so no pictures. Completely unfortunate, but it was amazing to see the flame, be right up close. Stupid torch guardian knocked me pretty hard.