Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rafa

2010 Fifa World Cup: Final Draw

You probably don't know much about Paraguayan Soccer team...

Paraguay finishes first in this group, easily.

You reckon they will beat Italy?

Can we say Brazil's group is the death one in this World Cup? Or England? Or no death group?

You probably don't know much about Paraguayan Soccer team...

Paraguay finishes first in this group, easily.

As long as a duo combination among Paraguay, New Zealand, or Slovakia make it out of that group, I'm happy.

You reckon they will beat Italy?

My bet. Italy team is not that great... We won them 2-0 and 3-0 in 2009...

My bet. Italy team is not that great... We won them 2-0 and 3-0 in 2009...

New Zealand lost 4-3 to Italy in a Friendly earlier in the year.

My bets for World Cup, in my non-accurate opinion =]]]

Champions - Brazil

Runners-up - Nigeria

Third - Italy

Fourth - USA

Paraguay won the group against Italy but don't get to the final, due tradition... And Italy are always into the top, so they will be again...

Italy definitely have the easiest group on paper (not that any teams are easy to beat mind you,) but Brazil's group looks brutal. Cote Divoire and Portugal are very capable sides, and North Korea could be a thorn in anyone's sides. I still think that only 5 teams have a legitimate chance at going all the way: Brazil, Espana, Italia, Deutschland, and Argentina (don't let their qualifying record fool you, they're still Argentina after all.)

I agree that Brazils group will be tought with Protugal and Cote Divoire

In Group A : 4 teams have same chance to qualify to the next round, but I predict it will be South Africa, and France

In Group B : if Argentina can show their true character, Argentina will have biggest chance, and for the 2nd team I think Nigeria and South Korea have better chance than Greece, and I hope South Korea will join Argentina to the next round, although due to African factor, Nigeria have a great chance too

In Group C : England and USA have a better chance than Algeria and Slovenia, but Algeria maybe can pass USA, and with England qualify to the next round

In Group D : One of the though group, 2 great team from Europa zone, Australia, and Ghana, my vote going to Germany and Ghana

In Group E : Germany, Denmark and Cameroon have a good chance, but not for Japan, my vote it will be Germany and Denmark

In Group F : Italy and Paraguay have better chance than New Zealand or Slovakia

In Group G : the Group of Death for this World Cup, Brazil and Cote de Ivore, strongest team on their continental, Portugal, although they qualify to this World Cup only via play-off, that doesn't make Portugal can be underestimate, and North Korea, the 1966 World Cup is their proof, and they still have their militant passion, so this group will be the most interesting group in this World Cup, I think it will be Brazil and Cote de Ivore

In Group H : The easiest group for this world cup, Spain will be qualified, and Switzerland will join Spain to the next round

For me

A : France, South Africa

B : Argentina, South Korea

C : England, USA

D : Germany, Ghana

F : Italy, Paraguay

G : Brazil, Cote de Ivore

H : Spain, Switzerland

:)

Can we say Brazil's group is the death one in this World Cup? Or England? Or no death group?

Definetly not England's... USA, Honduras and Slovenia? No death group form me...

The Spain group is the life's one... LOL

Honduras? Chile? Switzerland?

Spain starts this World Cup already in the round of 16...

Champions - Brazil

Runners-up - Nigeria

Third - Italy

Fourth - USA

Paraguay won the group against Italy but don't get to the final, due tradition... And Italy are always into the top, so they will be again...

You are contradicting yourself...

You wouldn't bet if I were you! ;)

The Spain group is the life's one... LOL

Honduras? Chile? Switzerland?

Spain starts this World Cup already in the round of 16...

Agree, and Spain is one of the favourite team for this tournament... So Spain can save their energy on early stage.. My Bet for this year it will be Spain Year :)

In Group A : 4 teams have same chance to qualify to the next round, but I predict it will be South Africa, and France

In Group B : if Argentina can show their true character, Argentina will have biggest chance, and for the 2nd team I think Nigeria and South Korea have better chance than Greece, and I hope South Korea will join Argentina to the next round, although due to African factor, Nigeria have a great chance too

In Group C : England and USA have a better chance than Algeria and Slovenia, but Algeria maybe can pass USA, and with England qualify to the next round

In Group D : One of the though group, 2 great team from Europa zone, Australia, and Ghana, my vote going to Germany and Ghana

In Group E : Germany, Denmark and Cameroon have a good chance, but not for Japan, my vote it will be Germany and Denmark

In Group F : Italy and Paraguay have better chance than New Zealand or Slovakia

In Group G : the Group of Death for this World Cup, Brazil and Cote de Ivore, strongest team on their continental, Portugal, although they qualify to this World Cup only via play-off, that doesn't make Portugal can be underestimate, and North Korea, the 1966 World Cup is their proof, and they still have their militant passion, so this group will be the most interesting group in this World Cup, I think it will be Brazil and Cote de Ivore

In Group H : The easiest group for this world cup, Spain will be qualified, and Switzerland will join Spain to the next round

For me

I agree I think it will be Italy and Paraguay from group F. Any one know what Slovakia are like? I have never watched them play...

Definetly not England's... USA, Honduras and Slovenia? No death group form me...

Sorry!

Algeria...

Nigeria is not even the best African team, Cote d'Ivoire and Cameroon are better.

You are contradicting yourself...

You wouldn't bet if I were you! ;)

How many times football was an exact equation???

How many times we saw favourites losing to the weakest?

Paraguay can win the group, but not make the semi-finals... My bet, they got first in his group, and say good bye, probably on round of 8...

Italy can make second, losing only to Paraguay and make the semi-finals... Tradition, sometimes matter sometimes don't...

And my bet can be totally wrong and we can have Nigeria winning a final match over Netherlands, being Mexico third and North Korea fourth. Football is a surprise-box...

my three picks for each category:

Strongest: Brazil, Netherlands, Spain

Ones that'll impress: USA, Switz(defense is amazing!!!!), Ghana

will disappoint: Argentina, Portugal, France

Sometimes people only read things in bright red big bold letters...

my three picks for each category:

Strongest: Brazil, Netherlands, Spain

Ones that'll impress: USA, Switz(defense is amazing!!!!), Ghana

will disappoint: Argentina, Portugal, France

Argentina have their Ball D'Oro player (Messi :))... and never estimate Argentina, for group B, Argentina have a very good chance to pass it :)

Nigeria is not even the best African team, Cote d'Ivoire and Cameroon are better.

agree, thats why Brazil and Netherlands' groups are interesting ;)

Argentina have their Ball D'Oro player (Messi :))... and never estimate Argentina, for group B, Argentina have a very good chance to pass it :)

they've done a very disappointing qualification nd I don't see that big ArGentinaaa but ur right they have chances

How many times football was an exact equation???

How many times we saw favourites losing to the weakest?

Paraguay can win the group, but not make the semi-finals... My bet, they got first in his group, and say good bye, probably on round of 8...

Italy can make second, losing only to Paraguay and make the semi-finals... Tradition, sometimes matter sometimes don't...

And my bet can be totally wrong and we can have Nigeria winning a final match over Netherlands, being Mexico third and North Korea fourth. Football is a surprise-box...

Not in World Cups!

Last three WC results:

1998:

1) France

2) Brazil

3) Croatia

4) Netherlands

2002:

1) Brazil

2) Germany

3) Turkey

4) South Korea

2006:

1) Italy

2) France

3) Germany

4) Portugal

Perhaps two (not so big) surprises? A chance of 1 in 6 to have a surprise... Of course there's a chance of Nigeria beeing WC Champions, but as I said, it would be a terrible bet... :P

I agree I think it will be Italy and Paraguay from group F. Any one know what Slovakia are like? I have never watched them play...

For Slovakia, South Africa 2010 is their first WC.... but, on the way to qualify to this tournament, they beat the favourite from Group 3.. Czech Republic, and also Poland, and they become the winner from group 3

(...)

For me

Great, I agree with you in almost all eveything, except that, for me in Group A I would predict Mexico and France, ´cause Mexico ALWAYS make it to the second round, even when playin in tough groups, like they did in 1994, 1998 and 2002..... never count Mexico out.

I think that the toughest groups are A and D. I don´t think that Brazil, Portugal and Cote d´ivore will meet a challenge with Korea PDR, so for me the group of death would be group A or D, where all teams have chances to qualify.

Of course more attention will be shifted to group G, with three strong teams, but I see a balanced competition in those groups, where spots for the 2nd round may be decided in goal difference....

anyway, we´re going to have an exciting competition. Can´t wait for the first whistle !