2010 Fifa World Cup: Final Draw

Rafa

Group A - The home side will come out strong but from top to bottom this group has their superior opponents and home turf advantage will get you only so far. South Africa couldn't even get into the top 16 in Africa for the 2010 African Cup of Nations, so getting past France, Uruguay and Mexico is not going to happen. 1. Mexico 2. France 3. Uruguay and 4. South Africa

Group B - All 4 teams are tough to play against and 3 are offensively minded. Greece did not get a kind draw and this is going to be curtains for them. 1. Nigeria 2. Argentina 3. Korea Republic and 4. Greece

Group C - Great now we will be getting how the English are so good, they are the class, they are going to win the world cup blah blah blah. England doesn't have the depth or quality to advance further then the quarter-finals. But saying this 1. England 2. USA 3. Slovenia 4. Algeria

Group D - I'm bias, no need to tell me that but this group is not as hard as it would appear. The Aussies don't get consistent wins in one of the weakest confederations and Serbia never shows up at finals. Ghana is a tough but unbalanced opponent. 1. Germany 2. Australia 3. Ghana and 4. Serbia

Group E - I am going out on the limb here and saying 1. Cameroon 2. Denmark 3. Netherlands and 4. Japan

Group F - I think the Italians will start slow and get a favour by not playing the Dutch in the round of 16. 1. Paraguay 2. Italy 3. Slovakia 4. New Zealand

Group G - I honestly see a lot of draws is this group, 1. Brazil 2. Cote d'Ivoire 3. Portugal and 4 Korea DPR

Group H - Spain and two of its colonies plus Switzerland. Should be interesting 1. Spain 2. Switzerland 3. Chile and 4. Honduras.

Round of 16

Mexico vs Argentina

England vs Australia

Cameroon vs Italy

Brazil vs Switzerland

Nigeria vs France

Germany vs USA

Paraguay vs Denmark

Spain vs Cote d'Ivoire

Quarter Finals

England vs Argentina

Cameroon vs Brazil

Nigeria vs Germany

Denmark vs Spain

Semi Finals

Argentina vs Brazil

Germany vs Spain

Finals

Argentina vs Germany

Brazil vs Spain

1. Argentina

2. Germany

3. Spain

4. Brazil

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, since everyone else is having a crack at predicting the world cup, I might as well have a go...

GROUPS

Group A: France, Mexico

Group B: Argentina, Greece

Group C: England USA

Group D: Germany, Ghana

Group E: Cameroon, Netherlands

Group F: Italy, Paraguay

Group G: Brazil, Ivory Coast

Group H: Spain, Chile

LAST 16

France v Greece

Mexico v Argentina

England v Ghana

USA v Germany

Cameroon v Paraguay

Netherlands v Italy

Brazil v Chile

Ivory Coast v Spain

QUARTERS

Cameroon v Brazil

France vs England

Argentina v Germany

Netherlands v Spain

SEMIS

England v Brazil

Germany v Netherlands

FINAL

Brazil v Netherlands

3RD/4TH

England v Germany

Rob you have the set up wrong

If this was the groups

Group A: France, Mexico

Group B: Argentina, Greece

Group C: England USA

Group D: Germany, Ghana

Group E: Cameroon, Netherlands

Group F: Italy, Paraguay

Group G: Brazil, Ivory Coast

Group H: Spain, Chile

It would be

France vs Greece

England vs Ghana

Cameroon vs Paraguay

Brazil vs Chile

Argentina vs Mexico

Germany vs USA

Italy vs Netherlands

Spain vs Cote d'Ivoire

then

France/Greece vs England/Ghana

Cameroon/Paraguay vs Brazil/Chile

Argentina/Mexico vs Germany/USA

Italy/Netherlands vs Spain/Cote d'Ivoire

then

France/Greece/England/Ghana vs Cameroon/Paraguay/Brazil/Chile

Argentina/Mexico/Germany/USA vs Italy/Netherlands/Spain/Cote d'Ivoire

If Germany and England finish tops of their group, the only time they will be able to meet is in the final.

I can't wait for this tournament. I've not felt this excited about a world cup...well, ever.

Me too. And I am crazy about WCs since I was 8.

I loved Brazil's group, we'll get some interesting games in the first phase. We're Brazil, we can't be afraid of ANY grouo in the WC, and I'm very satisfied we're going to watch great games from day one. Day 2, actually, considering we'll debut against North Korea.

Our current national team would struggle A LOT against Switzerland in the Round of 16. We're great in our counter-attacking, but breaking up tight defenses is not our specialty. I think it would be as tough as Spain. Chile would be a walk in the park.

Teams already in the Round of 16: Spain, England and Paraguay.

Yeah, probably. Though you'll notice I haven't got them topping their group. Things never quite turn out as you expect; and I didn't want to put Brazil v Spain in the final like everyone else, even though that's probably a lot more likely. :P

So relieved with England's draw .... was so sure Portugal would spoil the party again!

Anyway, my predictions ...

Group A - France, Mexico, Uruguay, South Africa

Group B - Argentina, Nigeria, Greece, South Korea

Group C - England, USA, Slovenia, Algeria

Group D - Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia

Group E - Netherlands, Denmark, Cameroon, Japan

Group F - Italy, Paraguay, Slovakia, New Zealand

Group G - Brazil, Portugal, Ivory Coast, North Korea

Group H - Spain, Chile, Switzerland, Honduras

Round of 16

France - Nigeria

Argentina - Mexico

England - Serbia

Germany - USA

Netherlands - Paraguay

Italy - Denmark

Brazil - Chile

Spain - Portugal

Quarters

Nigeria - England

Netherlands - Brazil

Mexico - Germany

Denmark - Portugal

Semis

England - Netherlands

Germany - Portugal

Final

England - Portugal

..... DAMN!!!!!! :angry::(;)

It would be funny if everyone is picking a Spain-Brazil final and Portugal manages to get their sh!t together and beats Brazil to the top spot meaning a Spain-Brazil round of 16 match-up.

4158930220_5368678eca_b.jpg4158080655_de41d2b055_b.jpg4158120719_27b6257609_o.jpg4158878244_c31831e58f_o.jpg

4157947386_3b3abeb3b0_o.jpg

About 50, 000 party at the World Cup draw

Dec 4, 2009 6:23 PM | By Andre Jurgens

Cape Town's famous Long Street is bursting at the seams as thousands more people than expected poured into the city to watch a live feed of the World Cup draw. Local traffic police estimate that closer to 50 000 were partying in the streets after the event.

Current Font Size:

South_Africa_Soccer_337060b.jpg evellers gather for a street festival in Long Street, Cape Town

Photograph by: Schalk van Zuydam

Credit: AP

Related Articles

Earlier the city's chief inspector of traffic services, Merle Lourens, confirmed that an estimated 31 000 revellers had entered the cordoned off party zone by 6pm - ahead of the draw.

Click here to view the draw standings.

Around 1,000 police are patrolling the area and volunteers are helping fans in and out of the area which resembled a carnival with music and dancing in the street outside clubs and pubs.

The area was originally to be close to the public once the crowd reached 18 000 but Lourens said the crowds were still manageable. "There are 31, 000 people here and there are more coming. We're thinking of asking the organisers to request that no more people be allowed in," she said.

There had been no major incidents in Long Street, she said.

If either Brazil, Netherlands, USA, Spain wins i'd be very staisfied..

Brazil por que será HeXA!! Thiz is best brazilian team in yearsssss

USA SP NThlds first time champs so I hope they get a bite at it

In Group A : 4 teams have same chance to qualify to the next round, but I predict it will be South Africa, and France

In Group B : if Argentina can show their true character, Argentina will have biggest chance, and for the 2nd team I think Nigeria and South Korea have better chance than Greece, and I hope South Korea will join Argentina to the next round, although due to African factor, Nigeria have a great chance too

In Group C : England and USA have a better chance than Algeria and Slovenia, but Algeria maybe can pass USA, and with England qualify to the next round

In Group D : One of the though group, 2 great team from Europa zone, Australia, and Ghana, my vote going to Germany and Ghana

In Group E : Germany, Denmark and Cameroon have a good chance, but not for Japan, my vote it will be Germany and Denmark

In Group F : Italy and Paraguay have better chance than New Zealand or Slovakia

In Group G : the Group of Death for this World Cup, Brazil and Cote de Ivore, strongest team on their continental, Portugal, although they qualify to this World Cup only via play-off, that doesn't make Portugal can be underestimate, and North Korea, the 1966 World Cup is their proof, and they still have their militant passion, so this group will be the most interesting group in this World Cup, I think it will be Brazil and Cote de Ivore

In Group H : The easiest group for this world cup, Spain will be qualified, and Switzerland will join Spain to the next round

For me

A : France, South Africa

B : Argentina, South Korea

C : England, USA

D : Germany, Ghana

F : Italy, Paraguay

G : Brazil, Cote de Ivore

H : Spain, Switzerland

:)

Completing my prediction :)

A : France, South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay

B : Argentina, South Korea, Nigeria, Greece

C : England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia

D : Germany, Ghana, Serbia, Australia

E : Netherlands, Denmark, Cameroon, Japan

F : Italy, Paraguay, Slovakia, New Zealand

G : Brazil, Ivory Coast, Portugal, North Korea

H : Spain, Switzerland, Chile, Honduras

16 :

France - South Korea

Argentina - South Africa

England - Ghana

Germany - USA

Netherlands - Paraguay

Italy - Denmark

Brazil - Switzerland

Spain - Ivory Coast

Quarters :

France - Ghana

Netherlands - Brazil

Argentina - Germany

Denmark - Spain

Semis :

Ghana - Brazil

Germany - Spain

Final :

Ghana - Spain

Spain, Ghana, Brazil, Germany

I've just arrived from a party watching the draw... I'm still a bit drunk because we have a huge party after we got the Group H. At least in Chilean eyes, the group was perfect. Anyway, here are my predictions after everyone said theirs.

Group A: In my opinion, probably the most difficult. All teams have possibilities but I guess Uruguay has a very weak team in the last years... South Africa has their home advantage but I don't think it will be enough to beat Mexico or France; in fact, I would say I see them just drawing one or two matches. France against Mexico is be very hard to predict. But just to say something: MEX - FRA - RSA - URU.

Group B: Argentina, although it's not playing very well now, will qualify to the next round... Nigeria in my opinion will have the second place, being defeated hardly by the Argentinians. ARG - NGR - KOR - GRE

Group C: Mmmm... I think it's clear, at least for me... ENG - USA - SVN - ALG

Group D: Nice group... I don't think Australia will be as lucky as in 2006... although I like them, I think this time will be much harder. In my opinion, GER - GHA - SRB - AUS

Group E: Another nice group to see it... I don't see Cameroon and Japan as strong as in past years... I would say NED - DNK - CMR - JPN

Group F: I was cheering for Chile to be in this group... anyways, as lucas said before I wouldn't be surprised with Paraguay being first instead of Italy and then being defeated in second round. But I think it won't have surprises. Slovakia, after watching the match with Chile, is a good team but nothing surprising. ITA - PAR - SVK - NZL

Group G: Uh! The Group of Death. Brazil in my opinion, instead of Spain, is the favourite to win the WC... but Portugal and Cote d'Ivoire are two great teams. I'm hoping for some of them to stole some points to Brazil and them to end in second place... but playing with the logics, BRA - CIV - POR - DPK

Group H: Okey, here's finally "my" group. Spain should be the hardest task and as far as I have seen it, everyone is assuming a defeat against Spain. But I think Spain is extremely unlucky... although to everyone is a favorite, I think they won't win the World Cup. The coach of Spain also said yesterday (before the draw) that they feared two teams to be paired: Ivory Coast and Chile. I don't think Chile will win Spain but it's a remote hope I have. Honduras should be an easy task... just as a reminder, in the 2005 U-20 World Cup (with a lot of the current players) Chile defeated 7-0 Honduras and then was defeated 0-7 by Spain. Switzerland... mmm... I don't think Switzerland should be a great obstacle... I think the Chilean style is very good against traditional European teams (Chile defeated Denmark and Slovakia at home and in my opinion, both are better than the Swiss). So... ESP - CHI - SUI - HON

Although I was happy with the group draw, watching that Brazil should be the rival in second round was like "damn!"... if Brazil qualifies first, we have no chance to win... not at all... so I'm cheering for Portugal and Cote d'Ivoire to win a match against Brazil and leave them second.

A tough but dream draw for Australia IMO. A great opening match against Germany and a good prospect of facing England in the Round of 16.

Disappointed we didn't get New Zealand in our group. Would have been a fantastic match.

A tough but dream draw for Australia IMO. A great opening match against Germany and a good prospect of facing England in the Round of 16.

Disappointed we didn't get New Zealand in our group. Would have been a fantastic match.

But, NZ was in the same pot B anyways, so. :o

Boy, yet another six months of waiting... That is always the worst part of those draws -- you get really excited about the tournament but have to wait some more.

On the other hand, it's probably better for my own team Germany not to have to play the World Cup now. The team is not in its best shape currently and has a lot of work to do until June 13, 2010.

And anyway, we have the Olympic Winter Games as a "consolation prize" and to direct our anticipation to first. ;)

So relieved with England's draw .... was so sure Portugal would spoil the party again!

Anyway, my predictions ...

Group A - France, Mexico, Uruguay, South Africa

Group B - Argentina, Nigeria, Greece, South Korea

Group C - England, USA, Slovenia, Algeria

Group D - Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia

Group E - Netherlands, Denmark, Cameroon, Japan

Group F - Italy, Paraguay, Slovakia, New Zealand

Group G - Brazil, Portugal, Ivory Coast, North Korea

Group H - Spain, Chile, Switzerland, Honduras

Round of 16

France - Nigeria

Argentina - Mexico

England - Serbia

Germany - USA

Netherlands - Paraguay

Italy - Denmark

Brazil - Chile

Spain - Portugal

Quarters

Nigeria - England

Netherlands - Brazil

Mexico - Germany

Denmark - Portugal

Semis

England - Netherlands

Germany - Portugal

Final

England - Portugal

..... DAMN!!!!!! :angry::(;)

Loved it! Utopic but oh so funny. :D

610x.jpg

Gotta love Charlize. B) What better person to react to France's draw than one having her birth country facing the team that eliminated her boyfriend's team with a hand goal? :P

I was bummed out when the draw was completed. It's like Christmas morning when all the gifts are unwrapped, all that anticipation and it's done with in such a short span of time.

The draw turned out great though and it should be a truly enjoyable tournament. I, however, will refrain from making any predictions until June.

Did anyone else notice how annoyed Charlize was getting with Jerome? The complete about some things being better left unsaid and the constant eye rolls and frowns? It was funny.

In retrospect, I am happy with Germany's group, it is by no means easy but it is also not hard. If Germany can play well in their 3 group matches they will be well prepared for England or USA in the round of 16.

I'm trying to put a positive spin to myself about Oz's group. If we wanna be taken seriously, and streengthen our shot for the 2022 WC, we've gotta be able to mix it with such calibre teams.

Still, a bit daunting when you consider that every other team in our group would be pencilling us down as beatable.

Did anyone else notice how annoyed Charlize was getting with Jerome? The complete about some things being better left unsaid and the constant eye rolls and frowns? It was funny.

The dumb blonde act was embarrassing

Archived