2010 Fifa World Cup: Final Draw

Rafa

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree, i also think that the days of the usual winners of the comp will end. More countries are getting better and trying harder than every to get to the tournament. Based on qualification results i thin the netherlands or spain could go far. Al so many African countries re very good and ofcourse never underestimate North Korea. Never underestimate the smaller less known teams, as they have the less to lose and the most to gain

i agree, i also think that the days of the usual winners of the comp will end. More countries are getting better and trying harder than every to get to the tournament. Based on qualification results i thin the netherlands or spain could go far. Al so many African countries re very good and ofcourse never underestimate North Korea. Never underestimate the smaller less known teams, as they have the less to lose and the most to gain

/\ Agreed. There will always be a few upsets.

And who knows, Spain may just run out of steam as they did at the Confederations Cup?

I don't think so. Teams have always tried hard to get to the tournament and, if the 2006 World Cup is an indication, the usual winners are stronger than ever. However, World Cups held outside Europe tend to have a few more surprises than usual (see 1994 and 2002), and I expect at least 3 of the seeds to be out before the quarterfinals. To me the only question is the strenght of the African teams playing in Africa. Is a country like Cote D'Ivore stronger because they're playing in South Africa?

And, by the way, I don't think teams like Slovenia and the Asians will cause any trouble to the big ones. It's not underestimation, Brazil always beat the hell out of them in WCs.

1st - Brazil

2nd - Germany

3rd - Côte d'Ivoire

4th- England

What do you think?

PS: Danny, feel free to disgree! ;)

Actually, I liked it... Good analysis...

Feheva, each member here have one opinion... Many times I call my ones as inaccurate... I like to bet on bizarre combination of results, I like to bet on the surprise result...

And sometimes I can win... Don't you remember my bet about Rio winning in second ballot??? Everybody here called me crazy and almost happened...

Indeed, hope your bet is correct, since I want Brazil champions again =]

Semi Finals

Argentina vs Brazil

Germany vs Spain

Finals

Argentina vs Germany

Brazil vs Spain

1. Argentina

2. Germany

3. Spain

4. Brazil

Did you watched last Argentina matches, indeed, the last one against Brazil?

Are you sure you bet on Argentina champions?

My bet is Argentina can not get round of 8...

Italy didn´t played their best this year. If they don´t improve, Paraguay has a good chance to finish the group on top. Paraguayan defense is quite strong, they will be a hard team to beat. I´m not sure about New Zealand chances, but if the kiwis manage a good game against Italy.... we may have a surprise. That friendly was a clue. Let´s see !

I agree about Paraguay can be first on this group... But, then, due lack of tradition they will lose their way...

I also agree that, based on we saw in 2009, Italy team can really disappoint in South Africa, but they have tradition on WCs...

The dumb blonde act was embarrassing

It was really weird! And she kept leaning to one side here and there, and walked kind of slowly and loosely like she was walkin' down the sidewalk in her jeans.

For those of you familiar with the American Idol judges, it looked like Charlize was being a bit of a Paula-Abdul-on-downers ;)

Incidentally:

Kim Jong-il bans World Cup coverage - unless North Korea win

Kim Jong-il, the North Korean leader, has banned the World Cup from being shown in his country – unless they win.

The Supreme Leader has ordered state-run television not to broadcast live games, and to only screen highlights of North Korea's victories.

The ruling means that 99 per cent of the country's 29 million population will not be able to find out who wins the competition unless the 350-1, outsiders win it.

Games between other nations will be banned from the airwaves, while any highlights of North Korea's matches will be heavily edited to ensure that they look like the better team.

All advertising in the stadiums will also be blurred out – along with opposition fans, The Sun newspaper reported.

Mike Breen, author of highly-respected book Kim Jong-il: North Korea's Dear Leader, said: "Like everything else there, the regime will have complete control over the World Cup.

"North Korea will not pay for the TV rights, which means they will not be able to screen live games on state television. They are more likely to get footage from South Korea and then it will be heavily edited to suit the regime.

"Only the ruling elite with access to other satellite channels will be able to watch games involving other countries.

"The majority of the population will have to make do with very one-sided highlights packages hours, and possibly even days, after the game. Any loss will either be ignored or given the smallest of mentions.

"Once North Korea are knocked out, I would be amazed if there were any mention of the World Cup at all."

It is the first time that North Korea has qualified for the World Cup in 44 years.

The last time they qualified was in England in 1966 when they pulled off one of the biggest shocks by beating Italy 1-0 to reach the quarter finals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-Korea-win.html

Will the supreme leader grace us with his presence and explain this decision?

I don't think that at the end we will have upsets... Maybe the greatest upset would be an African team in semifinals but my bet to the championship is Brazil. I think Spain will lose as always in quarterfinals or maybe semifinals... they have bad luck...

I think it's a psychological thing... I agree that teams like Cote d'Ivoire, Spain, Serbia or Paraguay could easily beat most of their opponents in any match... or even the smaller ones like Honduras or New Zealand... but playing the World Cup is really different... better teams in other ocassions couldn't beat their own favouritism and had lost against the classic teams (Brazil, Italy, Germany,... )

Did you watched last Argentina matches, indeed, the last one against Brazil?

Are you sure you bet on Argentina champions?

My bet is Argentina can not get round of 8...

Argentinean team is a mess... They will qualify to the second round because they have some of the best players in the world. But Maradona playing with Verón and Palermo... wtf!

It's quite simple: Messi and Agüero alone can't bring the Argentinean team to the final...

I don't think that at the end we will have upsets... Maybe the greatest upset would be an African team in semifinals but my bet to the championship is Brazil. I think Spain will lose as always in quarterfinals or maybe semifinals... they have bad luck...

I think it's a psychological thing... I agree that teams like Cote d'Ivoire, Spain, Serbia or Paraguay could easily beat most of their opponents in any match... or even the smaller ones like Honduras or New Zealand... but playing the World Cup is really different... better teams in other ocassions couldn't beat their own favouritism and had lost against the classic teams (Brazil, Italy, Germany,... )

Argentinean team is a mess... They will qualify to the second round because they have some of the best players in the world. But Maradona playing with Verón and Palermo... wtf!

It's quite simple: Messi and Agüero alone can't bring the Argentinean team to the final...

I think that, if Argentina had another coach, maybe they would have a shot. We all know that teams can totally change when they have a few training weeks before the World Cup, and it's not that rare for teams that look like a mess to have a good WC. When they have a good coach. See Brazil 2002.

However, Maradona will be coaching the Argentinians in those 2 weeks. So, things will NOT change. I think there's a huge chance Argentina may be sent home before the quarterfinals.

I think the time will come that even Brasil will loose a WC-match vs. a so called "easy opponent" - and this might happen in South Africa 2010 or Brasil 2014...

It already happened... France 3 - Brazil 0 in 1998... LOL

I think that, if Argentina had another coach, maybe they would have a shot. We all know that teams can totally change when they have a few training weeks before the World Cup, and it's not that rare for teams that look like a mess to have a good WC. When they have a good coach. See Brazil 2002.

However, Maradona will be coaching the Argentinians in those 2 weeks. So, things will NOT change. I think there's a huge chance Argentina may be sent home before the quarterfinals.

Argentina was a mess with Basile but at least was still good... but with Maradona, you have the mess in the field and the mess in the bench...

In the past 4 World Cups (USA 1994, France 1998, Korea/Japan 2002, Germany 2006) Brazil only lost twice. One was the final match in 1998, the other in the quarter finals in 2006. Both times, they lost to France! It's too bad they're at opposite ends of the draw and thus could only meet in either the semi-final or the final, and I honestly don't think France has a good enough team to make it that far this year. So, Brazil's going all the way.

In the past 4 World Cups (USA 1994, France 1998, Korea/Japan 2002, Germany 2006) Brazil only lost twice. One was the final match in 1998, the other in the quarter finals in 2006. Both times, they lost to France! It's too bad they're at opposite ends of the draw and thus could only meet in either the semi-final or the final, and I honestly don't think France has a good enough team to make it that far this year. So, Brazil's going all the way.

Brazil also lost to Norway in the 1998 group stage, 2-1.

Anyway, for people in my generation the 2006 elimination was an absolute shock. First because that was considered to be one of the best Brazilian teams ever, and also because I had never seen Brazil NOT getting the WC final (in 1990 I was more worried about seducing my own mother, according to Freud :blink: ). I was depressed until the end of the WC, and I regret that, because I didn't watch any of the remaining games.

This time I intend to have a blast watching the WC regardless of what happens to the Brazilian team.

South Africa will win! haha
Hey Mo, have you heard Parreira's English yet? Is it as good as Santana's? XD

Archived