Victory Ceremony Gossip?

yes, not all will be televised, but even the ones that are not televised will be most likely have a major corporate sponsorship...for example "The Visa Concert Series". There's little chance that Visa would be forking over money for a small time band and small crowds. VANOC and other promoters came to Visa with a plan and a pitch...which would have to include big names.

1) None of the concerts will be televised period, its part of the cultural Olympiad that surrounds the games

2) The Victory Ceremonies are Olympic sessions, they are not sponsored by anyone, nor can they be.

no sponsorship for victory ceremony? impossible...whether directly or indirectly there will be sponsorship- visa & purolator has their hand in this already, read for yourself. you don't think any money was exchanged here?

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-news/...08_53432HU.html

1) None of the concerts will be televised period, its part of the cultural Olympiad that surrounds the games

2) The Victory Ceremonies are Olympic sessions, they are not sponsored by anyone, nor can they be.

I will be gobsmacked if they dont show at least part of the concerts - looking back over the Channel 7 coverage of SLC02 we saw parts of the shows from Lighthouse, BNL, Sheryl Crow, Dave Matthews Band, Foo Fighters, Smashmouth etc etc. For Torino again they showed parts of Whitney Houston, Kelly Clarkson etc. Thus if the international feeds are showing some of the shows (at least a song) I am sure that the local feed will in Vancouver. At the very least a wrap up. Foxtel here in Australia will be showing the victory ceremonies. More worrying is that they have drafted Buble as an Ice Hockey commentator! Thus I would assume it is a given he will do a show... He is (sadly) hugely successful down here. I'd love to see Alanis do a ceremony - but she has announced she is taking a break from music to get into acting.