What Would Be Doing In July?

July is going to be interesting for me to witness. Everyone here is obviously interested in finding out the next Olympic city for 2012. No need to discuss that here; there is a forum for that already.

As for other events that I'm aware for July, here is what I know from my perspective so far:

a) the Calgary Stampede

B) the Klondike Days

c) the World Masters Games

d) the FINA World Championships

e) the World Games

For official website links to these upcoming events, come click on them below:

a) The 2005 Calgary Stampede (July 8 - 17, 2005)

B) and c) 2005 World Masters Games (July 22 - 31, 2005) and 2005 Klondike Days (July 21 - 30, 2005)

By the way, both events are in Edmonton and is pretty much simulataneous this year.

d) Montreal 2005 FINA World Championships (July 16- 31, 2005)

e) 2005 World Games (In English; July 14 - 24, 2005)

Also, these Games are in Duisburg, Germany.

Talk about a couple of international sporting events being stuffed in one month here. Any more that you want to add here?

The 134th Open Championship at St Andrews (July 14-17) springs to mind.

Well, the 2005 World Masters Games has golf in its program, but it doesn't have the prestige that the Open Championship has. Therefore, it is safe to say that the Open won't be affected in this regard.

By the way, here is another one:

The 2005 World Transplant Games: XVth. World Transplant Games (London, ONTARIO, Canada; July 16 - 24, 2005)

Le Tour de France

Geez. My brain must be sleeping here. Why didn't I think of that before?

I put the official link of the 2005 Tour de France here:

2005 Tour de France (English)

2005 Tour de France (French)

By the way, the whole Tour starts on July 2nd. and ends on July 24th.

Olympiakos FC comes to the USA for the first time ever (??) on July 31st to play Benfica at Giants Stadium.  Regardless of who they'll play I be there to see my first live Olympiakos game ever. :D

For those interested in baseball, the All Star Game is in Detroit this year on July 12th.

And at the end of July is when some NFL teams open up training camp.

I am most looking forward to Le Tour de France, but since i will be stuck in summer school i will not be able to enjoy the races live but i will watch them at night. I am also looking forward to the worl aquatic championships, hopefully Canada can actually win a medal in swimming in a home pool

But like i said, i will suck in a hot, sticking, hellish classroom for four weeks to get a credit in order to have two spears next year since i got an ablismole mark in grade 12 chemistry and have to retake the lovely class. So not much in the form of live enternainment which i greatly perfer

I am most looking forward to Le Tour de France, but since i will be stuck in summer school i will not be able to enjoy the races live but i will watch them at night. I am also looking forward to the worl aquatic championships, hopefully Canada can actually win a medal in swimming in a home pool

But like i said, i will suck in a hot, sticking, hellish classroom for four weeks to get a credit in order to have two spears next year since i got an ablismole mark in grade 12 chemistry and have to retake the lovely class. So not much in the form of live enternainment which i greatly perfer

For Canadians, the whole thing about July starts with the national holiday.

• 3 weeks later...
A week away now. It is going to be intense, with the upcoming 2012 Olympic host city decision.
Le Tour de France

Good luck to all cyclists here. In one week, the competition starts.

Well next week I’m going down to the Snowfarm in Wanaka, The Southern Hemispheres premier Nordic ski resort to give skeleton racing a try. They have a huge ice sheet down there where the NZ skeleton team practice, they are recruiting people to give the sport a try so I thought why the hell not.
  • 2 weeks later...
The FINA World Championships is about to get underway while the World Games have already started.
Le Tour de France

Good luck to all cyclists here. In one week, the competition starts.

Speaking of the Tour, he may not be covering it quite as quick as the pros, but ex-England footballer Geoff Thomas is slugging it out on the course as well to raise money for Leukaemia Research.

Thomas on le Tour

Archived