Australia to bid for 2018 WORLD CUP

If what Baron is saying is true... this could be the list of the future world cups..

2006 Germany (UEFA)

2010 Southafrica (CAF)

2014 Brazil (CONMEBOL)

2018 USA (CONCACAF)

2022 Australia (AFC)

2026 New Zealand (OFC)

2030 England (UEFA)

2034 Morocco (CAF)

2038 Chile (CONMEBOL)

2042 Canada (CONCACAF)

2046 China (AFC)

2050 Solomon Islands (OFC)

2054 Russia (UEFA)

2058 Zambia (CAF)

2062 Argentina (CONMEBOL)

2064 Cuba or Panama or St Kitts (CONCACAF)

2068 Uzbekistan or UAE or Yemen (AFC)

2072 French Polynesia or Tuvalu (OFC)

2076 Sweden (UEFA)

... This is totally idiot!!!!! It's obvious that continental rotation doesn't mean that each confederation will have the Games between 24 years...

And after all, Aussies said that they want to bid... but FIFA said that they want England bidding... I think someone is wrong here... exactly as Mexico and USA saying that they want to bid for 2014

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If what Baron is saying is true... this could be the list of the future world cups..

2006 Germany (UEFA)

2010 Southafrica (CAF)

2014 Brazil (CONMEBOL)

2018 USA (CONCACAF)

2022 Australia (AFC)

2026 New Zealand (OFC)

2030 England (UEFA)

2034 Morocco (CAF)

2038 Chile (CONMEBOL)

2042 Canada (CONCACAF)

2046 China (AFC)

2054 Russia (UEFA)

2058 Zambia (CAF)

2076 Sweden (UEFA)

... This is totally idiot!!!!! It's obvious that continental rotation doesn't mean that each confederation will have the Games between 24 years...

And after all, Aussies said that they want to bid... but FIFA said that they want England bidding... I think someone is wrong here... exactly as Mexico and USA saying that they want to bid for 2014

yeah...right...like you should live so long.  And you should care after you're dead?

And I never said it to be fact.  I just ascribe to it as being fair insofar as the US getting to host in 2018.  I really don't care after that.  It could be in Mars for all I care.

And just because Blatter and FIFA haven't clarified even beyond 2014 makes sense.  We could've all blown each other up in some nuclear meltdown; or global warming may have occured.  Who knows what natural or economic conditions will be in 13 years?  But certainly giving the continental rotation a once-go-around makes sense.  Why not?  It doesn't make any less sense that swinging it back to the continent that only has like 3 of the present 14 FIFA Partners?  WHo has FIFA gone back to when China bailed out of the Women's 2003 World Cup?  Who were on stand-by if Athens failed to deliver?  So, why BLOODY HELL shouldn't it be the US' turn again in 2018?  :angry:

2006 Germany (UEFA)

2010 Southafrica (CAF)

2014 Brazil (CONMEBOL)

2018 USA (CONCACAF)

2022 Australia (AFC)

2026 New Zealand (OFC)

2030 England (UEFA)

2034 Morocco (CAF)

2038 Chile (CONMEBOL)

2042 Canada (CONCACAF)

2046 China (AFC)

2054 Russia (UEFA)

2058 Zambia (CAF)

2076 Sweden (UEFA)

Yeah, and then with the CAF we will see Rwanda, Lesotho, Mozambique hosting... only becaus baron wants the "CONCACAF" hosting 2018 (we all know that when baron says CONCACAF he is referring to the USA :D and when he says that the CONCACAF should host each 20 years we all know he wants to say he wants the USA hosting each 20 years....)

But Australia have never hosted and England have already hosted once.

People say will Australians support the Games - and I will tell you now nearly every game will be sold out because Australians LOVE their sport.

The rugby world cup between Uraguay and Namibia was a sell out in 2003.

Handball - a sport with only 500 regestered players was also a sell out at the Olympic Games in 2000.

And wen Australia bids and is awarded the World Cup of 2018 it will be one of the best Games ever held - we do it every time we ever host anything!

becuase England haven't hosted since 1966.

yes, but you are part of Europe and you will just have hosted next year.  So I don't see it going back to Europe in just another 12 years when there are other regions of the world whose turn it should be -- but sure as hell not a 3rd so. hemis. country in a row!

IT'S NOT THE USA'S TURN EITHER AS THEY HAVE HOSTED VERY RECENTLY IN 1994!! SUPPORT CANADA IF YOU'RE REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT ROTATION AND SPREADING THE WORLD CUP AROUND FAIRLY.

WHY SHOULD THE USA GET ANOTHER WORLD CUP SO SOON? NOBODY WOULD SUGGEST THAT GERMANY SHOULD HAVE THE WORLD CUP WHEN EUROPE NEXT HOST - SO WHY SHOULD THE USA, A MUCH SMALLER FOOTBALLING COUNTRY THAN GERMANY, GET IT IF 2018 IS REALLY DESTINED FOR NORTH AMERICA?

becuase England haven't hosted since 1966.

yes, but you are part of Europe and you will just have hosted next year.  So I don't see it going back to Europe in just another 12 years when there are other regions of the world whose turn it should be -- but sure as hell not a 3rd so. hemis. country in a row!

Yeah but when you say the CONCACAF should host 2018 you all think USA should host 2018 but IT HOSTED IN 1994!!! ONLY 24 YEARS!!! WHY SHOULDN'T EUROPE HOST IN 2018? AFRICA WILL HOST IN 2010, SOUTH AMERICA IN 2018 AND THE USA HOSTED IN 1994, SO... EUROPE 2018 IS MORE THAN PROBABLE...

Back to the original point of the thread as Mikel, Baron and I have turned this thread into another bout bewtween Europe and the USA:

Australia may have a hard time convincing some that the world cup should come to them. I was having a butchers at FIFAworldcup.com and looking at the oceania group:

vs. FIJI attendence was 2200

vs. Tahiti attendence was 1200

vs. New Zealand attendece was 12100

Maybe it would be different if the tournament came to your nation, and maybe playing in Asia will lead to more competitive matches and higher attendences. Australians are one of the biggest sporting nations on the whole planet and their fans are among the best. But the country are minnows in the world of football. Perhaps, though a world cup will be a catalyst for the development of Australian football. I think this is a risk FIFA should take at some point.

I'd be quite open to giving Australia a chance at hosting. Whether it be 2018 or a bit later, I think a World Cup down under would be a good thing. And one thing that is to your advantage is that FIFA gave the USA the world cup in 1994 despite them not having a professional league. Hopefully your A-league will grow between now and whenever the decision is as this would show there is an appetite for football in Australia.

So, why BLOODY HELL shouldn't it be the US' turn again in 2018?

Simple reason ... Brasil 2014 - it's seriously unlikely that you'll see two consecutive world cups in the Americas.

Aside from that, take a look at the make up of FIFA, the Europeans form by far the largest bloc of votes ... and as we saw in the 2006 race, an agreed European candidate is very hard to defeat. If the Europeans decide that they want the world cup to return every 12 years, that's probably what's going to happen

So, why BLOODY HELL shouldn't it be the US' turn again in 2018?

Simple reason ... Brasil 2014 - it's seriously unlikely that you'll see two consecutive world cups in the Americas.

Aside from that, take a look at the make up of FIFA, the Europeans form by far the largest bloc of votes ... and as we saw in the 2006 race, an agreed European candidate is very hard to defeat. If the Europeans decide that they want the world cup to return every 12 years, that's probably what's going to happen

Exactly, if we want the World Cup we will have the World Cup baroncete All the European votes will go to England or Spain in 2018, so... baron, what are you saying of the USA 2018? Are you saying that the USA will lost in the ballots? :P  :D

God, it's a no-brainer!!

If you go by a fair rotation, 2018 should be North America's turn (Canada's a joke in soccer; Mexico's had it twice and has economic problems).  Duh.  :rolleyes:

In fact, if you were to be truly strict about it, then 2014 should really go to CONCACAF since there normally wouldn't be 2 So. hemisphere WCs in a row (Brazil is getting a big break for 2014).   

If you can't size it up simpler than that, then you are total blockheads.

Stop posting garbage.

Haven't you read my previous posts?  As well as the arguments vs. a serious Australia WC BY OTHERS, including Aussies as well?  You're the stupid one.

Try taking your own advice sunshine and then you might actually understand what I'm getting at. But if you want to continue to believe your own stupid delusions that's fine with me.

I can continue this argument for as long as you want; it doesn't bother me.

2018 should either be Europe, preferably England, or it should be Australia, a first time host with enormous passion for all sport. It is too soon to go back to North America, and certainly too soon to go back to the USA.

Have you got that? Or do you want to continue going round in circles ad infinitum?

Stop posting garbage.

Haven't you read my previous posts?  As well as the arguments vs. a serious Australia WC BY OTHERS, including Aussies as well?  You're the stupid one.

Try taking your own advice sunshine and then you might actually understand what I'm getting at. But if you want to continue to believe your own stupid delusions that's fine with me.

I can continue this argument for as long as you want; it doesn't bother me.

2018 should either be Europe, preferably England, or it should be Australia, a first time host with enormous passion for all sport. It is too soon to go back to North America, and certainly too soon to go back to the USA.

Have you got that? Or do you want to continue going round in circles ad infinitum?

Duh!  Wrong reasoning.  The rotation is:

98 - Europe

02 - Asia

06 - Europe (aberration here; Blatter wanted it for S.A)

etc. -- or don't you know it yet?

Yeah, I guess we'll go on ad infinitum...DOesn't bother me either.  

God, it's a no-brainer!!

If you go by a fair rotation, 2018 should be North America's turn (Canada's a joke in soccer; Mexico's had it twice and has economic problems).  Duh.  :rolleyes:

In fact, if you were to be truly strict about it, then 2014 should really go to CONCACAF since there normally wouldn't be 2 So. hemisphere WCs in a row (Brazil is getting a big break for 2014).   

If you can't size it up simpler than that, then you are total blockheads.

OH DEAR!

:oo:  :oo:  :help:  :oo:

I did not think my post would get this type of reaction.

All I wanted to do was inform everyone that Australia is excited about bidding for something in the future which we wont stop until we get it. We have had the Olympics, Commonwealth Games, and now bidding for 2018 World Cup Football.

I have mentioned this subject to many people asking them if they would go, and everyone said they would because of the event it is.

SO - We are bidding, we have a chance of winning, we think it is our turn due to rotational systems but are unsure, and look forward to more information in the next few weeks as the bid is put together.

IF IT IS NOT OUR TURN - than I am certain the world would know just who will have a turn and if a rotational system is in place in the next few weeks.

If no rotational system is allocated for 2018, and it is Australia v's England v's USA, I would rank Australia as an outsider to England, but we could certainly win from behind, and we would be able to easily beat the USA bid due to too much anti-usa attitude in the world (Sorry to the USA readers, I just dont think you understand just how many people dislike the USA for so many reasons)

Canada's a joke in soccer

I hate to inform you, but until quite recently, the USA was a joke nation in football and yet they were still given 1994! Your argument is transparent - firstly claim that 2018 is North America's, then dismiss Canada and Mexico for slightly dodgy reasons...gosh!..I wonder who the logical choice for 2018 is?

Methinks your reasoning came from your conclusion, not the other way around.

If I've got this wrong, I apologise sincerely (no, really, I do!), but don't expect everyone else to believe or subscribe to your reasoning and expect some strong competition from both big footballing nations and new frontier nations when the time comes. Blatter has already welcomed a possibility of an English bid, and is open to an Australian World Cup.

We all have our reasons as to why our country should host, and it seems FIFA are being sensible and letting everyone have their chance to tell the world why it should be them in 2018. No country will be given a free run and that is good, brilliant in fact.

Finally,  I'm not going to convince you Baron, and you sure as he!l aren't going to convince me, so let's just agree on this one point - it is a good thing that FIFA seem to be allowing anyone who wants to bid for 2018 to have a go..and may the best bid win!

That's reasonable...but what I'm saying is - and you also seem to be blind to the great success that 1994 and its legacy are -- by 2014, all the regions of the world will have had their go around, so what is so impossible in it swinging back to No. America, yes, the US because you can't take Canada (#84 in FIFA rankings, and they will host a World CUp?  Please) seriously and #38 South Africa - the next host who might NOT even get into 2006?   Mexico? They've had it twice.  

Blatter's remark doesn't mean anything.  He may not even be in power come 2011.   Well, Soccer USA had targeted 2014 -- a good 20 years after 1994 -- as the return of the WC.  But given FIFA's rotational intentions, they have bowed out of 2014 ambitions and are lining up for 2018.  So be prepared for an exciting match in 2011 or whenever that will be.  

The US is the logical place for 2018 to come to.  It doesn't matter whether you or any of the other yahoos here agree or not.

Archived