Vancouver 2010 Phase Iii Ticket Sales Problems

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VANOC: Olympic ticket website not working

No timeline for repairs

Sonia Aslam/Jill Drews VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) | Saturday, November 7th, 2009 11:16 am

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - The last wave of Olympic tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, but website problems are making things difficult for ticket buyers. VANOC says it is having technical problems with its website.

There's no word on what the problems could be, but they hope to have the site running smoothly soon. One News1130 listener e-mailed us to say he can't even log on.

Mike phoned News1130 and tells us he's had nothing but problems all morning. "It's been a nightmare. Forty-five minutes to get on the website and then once I was on I thought, 'OK, I'm going to buy tickets,' and then there was no link to actually buy the tickets. It kept taking me back to a screen that said 'Phase Two tickets go on sale in June."

Mike adds it's a major issue for people who've been waiting months to get their tickets and it's nothing but frustrating.

The last wave of Olympic tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, but website problems are making things difficult for ticket buyers. VANOC says it is having technical problems with its website.

I'm astonished - VANOC must had expected a huge traffic for their website - they should have taken some precautionary measures...

This statement was included in the email I just received from Vancouver 2010 Ticketing ...

"We are also able to confirm a few hundred tickets were sold to customers primarily through the call centre. The equivalent number of tickets sold today for each event will be pulled from the Olympic Family contingency pool and added to the November 14 public ticket sale."

"Call Centre"?

This statement was included in the email I just received from Vancouver 2010 Ticketing ...

"We are also able to confirm a few hundred tickets were sold to customers primarily through the call centre. The equivalent number of tickets sold today for each event will be pulled from the Olympic Family contingency pool and added to the November 14 public ticket sale."

"Call Centre"?

Yup, they also take phone orders via 1-800-TICKETS