Sign in to follow this  
Felipe Menegaz

2019 Pan American Games

ATR Reports Lima is pulling away from rest of the field and is the firm favourite. The vote buying thing is listed as being a desperate act by Venezuela and Chile by some of the NOC's that will be voting.

Damn, I've been so busy but I'm folling this. I wanna see Chile winning... But when is the election day?

Tomorrow around 630pm Toronto time if more then 1 ballot is needed. Otherwise it might be earlier like for the 2015 announcement.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://peru.com/futbol/mas-deportes/lima-sede-juegos-panamericanos-2019-noticia-201388&prev=/search%3Fq%3D2019%2Bjuegos%2Bpanamericanos%26sa%3DX%26espv%3D210%26es_sm%3D93%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D630%26tbs%3Dqdr:d

Peru pics

voting for 2019 pan am games taking place now. 29 votes needed to win. Ciudad Bolivar (VEN) La Punta (ARG) Lima (PER) and Santiago (CHI)

From Ed Hula III of ATR

7 mins ago.

Lima's presentation

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2013-10-11-lima-realizo-presentacion-final-para-ser-sede-de-los-panamericanos-2019-noticia_638534.html

Looks like Argentina is out!

Santiago referenced the 33 miners in a bid for the Pan Ams. Pathetic.

Looks like the Argentina information was wrong. Sorry!

Games will be held exactly 4 years after the Toronto Games close.

BWUe5eAIMAAteIh.jpg

Lima wins!

Lima got 31 votes, Santiago and La Punta got 9 votes each and Bolivar got 8

I thought it would be tight between Lima and Santiago but what do I know? I don't think Santiago should bother trying for 2023 unless there are no viable North, Central American, or Caribbean candidates as PASO generally tries to rotate the games around.

Congratulations to Lima and Peru.

I thought it would be tight between Lima and Santiago but what do I know? I don't think Santiago should bother trying for 2023 unless there are no viable North, Central American, or Caribbean candidates as PASO generally tries to rotate the games around.

Congratulations to Lima and Peru.

But who in the northern hemisphere would host? Canada won't, Mexico neither, USA doesn't care, Cuba has a lot of economical problems... Puerto Rico maybe?

What happened to Santiago? Maybe the Venezuelan sport minister had a point, for Santiago to crash like that is just...very odd. Anyway, good for Peru. As for 2023, Jamaica? Costa Rica? Guatemala? Maybe the US will try & put up an unbeatable bid, host a great games, & then bid for the 2032 Olympics with the same city, probably LA. Gambling on Europe & Durban taking 24/28.

Any US 2023 bid will be determined by whether it decides to propose a candidate for 2024. I do not think the USOC will make an attempt at both. Just my opinion.