2019 Pan American Games

Felipe Menegaz

Tundra?? It was +16 today :rolleyes: better then the desert Kangaroo land is :lol:

Miami and Argentina are not official the other four bids were submitted, all bids have till Jan 1

Kangaroo land is an inland sea lately. Anyway, I'll show you a cockatoo if you show us your beaver!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 cities interested in holding 2019 Pan American Games

At least four cities have expressed interest in holding the 2019 Pan American Games.

Mario Vazquez Rana, president of the Pan American Sports Organization, listed the cities Wednesday as Santiago, Chile; Bogota, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Vazquez Rana said Miami also could be a candidate.

The 2011 Pan American Games were held in Guadalajara, Mexico. Toronto will host the 2015 event.

Candidates have until Jan. 1, 2013, to present official bids, PASO officials said.

“I want to have a personal meeting with all the candidate cities to support them, and work with them,” Vazquez Rana said. “And I want to remind them that only one can win.”

A Miami bid could be a catalyst for a new 50,000-60,000 seat stadium for the Miami Hurricanes who've played at Sun Life Stadium, far from campus, since the demolition of the Orange Bowl. You'd have a stadium with a track that could be removed afterwards.

El Salvador??? Is for reals?? -.- that wont happen soon! Hahaha even Guaremala City has better infrastructure :lol:

Miami is the capital of Latin America... (uggly truth).... I will support them ;)

The deadline in Jan 2013 is still kindda far... :P

The geography says no but the voting power of the Caribbean + 5 votes from Canada/USA make it a possibility.

Miami sounds nice, and seems to enthuse people, but I agree with Kratk - can"t see it happening right after Toronto. Might be more likely down the track.

• 2 months later...

The question is does the USOC even want a Pan Am Games. Their last bid was for 2007 with San Antonio and that was only a half hearted effort though granted it wasn't going to beat Rio

I don't think they will bid for 2019. As it seems like the USA will bid for 2022 and 2024 I think 2023 will be out as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Nothern bids have to forget to host the games. Very difficult after Guadalajara and Toronto. The best option for South America to host the games is Santiago. No doubt on it! Santiago has been the only bid to be officially presented on PASO in Mexico. Besides the ambassador for the bid is Fernando Gonzalez, medalist in Tennis in Beijing and Athens.

The city of La Punta was chosen as Argentine candidate

La Punta será la candidata argentina

La ciudad de San Luis venció 30 a 20 en la votación a Rosario y competirá co Miami, Bogotá y Santiago de Chile por organizar los Juegos.

La ciudad de La Punta, de la provincia de San Luis, fue elegida hoy para representar a la República Argentina en la nómina de candidatas a organizar los Juegos Panamericanos 2019.

La ciudad, situada a 20 kilómetros de la capital puntana, le ganó la pulseada a Rosario, que era la otra metrópoli argentina que se había postulado para organizar la competencia continental dentro de siete años.

El presidente del Comité Olímpico Argentino (COA), Gerardo Werthein, anunció formalmente que La Punta se transformaba en "la ciudad elegida" minutos después de las 19.30, en uno de los salones de un hotel de Retiro, donde se efectuó el acto.

http://www.clarin.co..._716928521.html

Archived