2019 Pan American Games

Felipe Menegaz

Today, President Piñera announced the winner of the contest for the Citizens' Park that will surround the National Stadium. It is supposed that most of the works will be done by 2014 for the ODESUR Games and totally for the 2019 PanAm if we bid.

Here is the video

1.Planta_Genera.jpg

7.-Prados.jpg

3.-Vista-01.jpg

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, President Piñera announced the winner of the contest for the Citizens' Park that will surround the National Stadium. It is supposed that most of the works will be done by 2014 for the ODESUR Games and totally for the 2019 PanAm if we bid.

Honestly, Chile is the favourite in my opinion. They indicated an interest in bidding so they should be there.

Another city that intrigues me is Panama City. Very nice city!

Honestly, Chile is the favourite in my opinion. They indicated an interest in bidding so they should be there.

Another city that intrigues me is Panama City. Very nice city!

Yeap! Maybe Chile is the best choice, but i dont think Panama City, Panama is having a lot of troubles wit its NOC cuz there are 2 presidents...even the Bolivarian Games in 2013 were stripped from Panama... Hope they solve them. Sooo... SANTIAGO 2019 ;)

I hope Santiago surpasses what Medellin did with their Odesur Games, which were a good surprise for it's good organization and some impressive venues. This plan for the stadia surrounding is beautiful, I guess they wanna follow Medellin example.

Panama would be interesting but sadly they are not very prominent at the Pan Am Games plus their NOC is on a very bad moment (they even lost the Bolivarian Games hosting rights for 2013)

Wish my country shown interest, but sadly we're in a very bad moment to host anything for now (and Chavez would use it as a propaganda tool like EVERYTHING <_< )

San José or Panamá would be good choices for 2023... Central America must host someday...

San Jose's national stadium is the best in Central America.... It might be a Panamerican Stadium. And "las ticas" the costarican women are gorgeous <3 :lol:

I honestly don't like the stadium. Its ugly. Panama City is beautiful!

Panama is great, in fact i'll be in a swimming meet there in friday :D but it has chance in 2023... Well San Jose's stadium us way better than Panama's or Guatemala's not to mention other one here :lol:

It seems it won't be La Plata but Rosario which will be the argentinan bid for the Pan Am Games in 2019. They even have a logo now and a promo (and I think they're the first bid on doing that).

juegospanamvideoantic.jpg

The city hosted the 1982 South American Games, 2010 Female Hockey World Cup, as well for the 1978 WC and the 2001 U-20 WC. Not bad, at least they're more experienced than La Plata.

Updated: Sorry, I read more about it and La Plata and San Luis are still contesting with Rosario to get the games. The Argentina NOC will make their decision on the first semester of 2012.

juegospanamvideoantic.jpg

piscis ? :P

Updated: Sorry, I read more about it and La Plata and San Luis are still contesting with Rosario to get the games. The Argentina NOC will make their decision on the first semester of 2012.

So COArg is not considering a Buenos Aires Bid for 2019?

piscis ? :P

So COArg is not considering a Buenos Aires Bid for 2019?

I think the logo is a reference to the Parana River, since Rosario it's located at the border of it.

And nope, it seems Buenos Aires didn't bid, although La Plata is very close to Buenos Aires and is located on the very province of Buenos Aires.

^^ That Santiago video is not official, is a mix of various South American Games videos from an user in YT.

And I agree. It's most likely South America will host the 2019 games. I dont see any caribbean or central american city interested (and after the trainwreck that was 2003, PASO will be reluctant to choose a caribbean city)

^^ That Santiago video is not official, is a mix of various South American Games videos from an user in YT.

And I agree. It's most likely South America will host the 2019 games. I dont see any caribbean or central american city interested (and after the trainwreck that was 2003, PASO will be reluctant to choose a caribbean city)

I remember watching the 2003 games, care to explain the background of how it was chosen and why it was a disaster?

go Peru!!!

Archived