2019 Pan American Games

Felipe Menegaz

I really would appreciate Santiago as hosting City of a Pan AM Games editio. And it is more likely after a NA edition in Toronto. A kind of rotation has been informally stablished. Thenthat will be SA time again, since Mexico is culturally a Central America country, IMO.

2003 - Santo Domingo

2007 - Rio de Janeiro

2011 - Guadalajara

2015 - Toronto

2019 - Santiago

You are wrong there is no such "rotation" Mexico is not considered in Central America read this

"Countries that were part of the Commonwealth of Nations such as Canada did not compete at the first Pan American Games.[5] The second edition of Pan American Games, were the first to be held in the North America as they were held in Mexico City, Mexico", in 1979 games were held in Puerto Rico and next games in 1975 weres held in Mexico City...

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_American_Games

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes!! I am at the games... And Santiago is bidding i guess. Also Xela, Guatemala for the centralamerican and

carribean 2018 booth are loobying here.

You are wrong there is no such "rotation" Mexico is not considered in Central America read this

"Countries that were part of the Commonwealth of Nations such as Canada did not compete at the first Pan American Games.[5] The second edition of Pan American Games, were the first to be held in the North America as they were held in Mexico City, Mexico", in 1979 games were held in Puerto Rico and next games in 1975 weres held in Mexico City...

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_American_Games

I wrote that :lol:

About time Santiago get their act together and land its PanAms.

Well, Santiago actually was chosen twice to host the games - in '75 and '87 - and for a number of reasons it didn't happen. They can pull a 'third time is the charm' card and build a bid upon their upcoming 2014 South American Games infrastructure. It's theirs to lose.

Well, Santiago actually was chosen twice to host the games - in '75 and '87 - and for a number of reasons it didn't happen. They can pull a 'third time is the charm' card and build a bid upon their upcoming 2014 South American Games infrastructure. It's theirs to lose.

75 they withdrew and 87 the declined the opportunity I believe when a city withdrew from hosting.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a doubt. Is there kind of rotation system to elect the Panamerican Games host cities? So, if it exists, don't you think 2019 games should be held at Central America? I look back at the last chosen cities and I see this scheme:

2003 - Santo Domingo - Central America

2007 - Rio de Janeiro - South America

2011 - Guadalajara - North America

2015 - Toronto - North America

2019 - ______ - Central America/Caribbean

2022 - ______ - South America

When will the process starts formally? I thinki its going to be a really intresting race :D

By the way... Which city in the US might be tge bidder? San Antonio, Miami, or another one?

Well the process for the 2015 games began informally at the Beijing Olympics with the winner being announced the next year.

Well the process for the 2015 games began informally at the Beijing Olympics with the winner being announced the next year.

Ohhh! Cant wait for it! As i say "the Panamerican Games are the Olympics for many of our countries" :D

Archived