Congratulations Toronto 2015

Kenadian

I'm so friggin stoked. Last time I was crushed with the loss of the 2010 Commonwealth Games but I'm a happy camper today. So excited to see the changes happening in Hamilton with a new aquatic centre, new stadium, LRT, and a veldrome, the only one in North America outside of LA. Look for Hamilton hosting more and more cycling championships in the near future.

Olympic gold medallist Curt Harnett managed to win a track event in the 1987 Pan Am Games without access to an indoor facility in Ontario.

He travelled extensively to compete and points out a Pan Am track in Hamilton, as things sit right now, would be the only velodrome in Canada and the U.S. east of Los Angeles.

http://www.thespec.com/printArticle/572839

Congratulations Toronto!

No doubts, Toronto is a great city, Canada is a great country, and 2015 will be great games!

And you guys now can dream olympic-way... You are in right path for it.

There is a small number of velodromes in Canada, including indoor ones in Burnaby, BC and London, ON. Probably the most famous velodrome ever built in Canada was for the 1976 Montreal Olympics, but sadly, its legacy as a sporting facility was never fully realized.

Anyway, great moment for sports in Toronto. They were a run away winner from the beginning.

There is a small number of velodromes in Canada, including indoor ones in Burnaby, BC and London, ON. Probably the most famous velodrome ever built in Canada was for the 1976 Montreal Olympics, but sadly, its legacy as a sporting facility was never fully realized.

There are 2 indoor velodromes in Canada but none of them are international standard size. The only one is in LA. Soon Hamilton will have one.

http://www.vimeo.com/6889273

Archived