EuroCup2012

Italy need to sort out their stadium security before they are given a major footballing event. I don't know when UEFA pick the winner, but, given the events in Milan and Turin and many other cities this season, their position as strong facoutires must be under threat.

You would think so, but given the lax punishment handed down to Inter Milan the other week, I have my doubts.

Italy need to sort out their stadium security before they are given a major footballing event. I don't know when UEFA pick the winner, but, given the events in Milan and Turin and many other cities this season, their position as strong facoutires must be under threat.

You would think so, but given the lax punishment handed down to Inter Milan the other week, I have my doubts.

Hey guys be fair to the Italians. I don´t see any reason, why Italy should not be allowed to host the Euro 2012. England has been awarded the Euro 1996 in the early 90s, although there have been concerns.

I am also very supportive for the Italian bid, because we have won our last World Cup in Italy.

IMO, the three countries after November 2005 will be: Italy, Greece and Russia.

I think that the favourite is Italy! They have a huge tradition in football. The last events in Rome and Milan for Champions League games were dissapointing for them, but they harmoniously combine tradition + infrastructure.

Russia will shortly demand a great event, after their possible forthcoming outbid for the 2012 Olympic Games.

Greece has to show the fans' love for football and the magnificent EURO 2004 trophy! Along with the perfect organization of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games that address all safety & transportation fears.

The huge disadvantage for Greece is the "war" between the Greek Football Association and the government...

Let's see. One way or another, Italy is close to Greece and it will be easier to travel there again! :D

Either the Azeris are incredible optimists or they think that vast amounts of petro-dollars are about to be spent on a major upgrade of facilities ...

or more likely, UEFA won't let them past the cut off list.

I suspect this race will come down to Italy, the clear favourites, versus a very strong Russian bid (if they go ahead) plus a decent effort from Turkey, although with so much concentrated in Istanbul, they could not start as favourites.

The Croat-Hungarian bid looks too much like a marriage of convenience - after the Austrians dumped their eastern neighbours after one set-back.

But if Italy are the favourites, what impact could that have on their choice for the 2012 olympics? A number of the Italian IOC members have close links to football - and since they don't belong to either the British Commonwealth or to the francophone bloc, they may be considered as floating voters.

Will they want their party to be overshadowed by another major event in Europe that summer? A vote for New York, perhaps.

Or if it has to be in Europe, would they want it next door (ie in France) or just along the Mediterranean (ie Italy). A vote for London, perhaps.

considering that Paris will surely host the 2012OG, the Eurocup probably is going to lost in audience and importance..

so, in my opinion, UEFA will to counter an other bigcountry and wellknown bid to SOG.. ITALY

the eternal rivalry between Italy and France is going to repeat..

• 2 months later...

Archived