Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob.

F1 2010 - The Official Thread

Recommended Posts

Make what you will of this:

Michael Schumacher is poised for a sensational return to Formula 1 with the new Mercedes team, according to BBC Sport pundit Eddie Jordan.

Mercedes want the seven-time champion as their lead driver after taking over title-winning Brawn, Jordan says.

"The possibility is being actively pursued and I believe it is going to happen," said Jordan.

Schumacher's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm told BBC Sport a return was "highly unlikely - but never say never".

The plan is for Schumacher to be a stop-gap before Mercedes can prise German rising star Sebastian Vettel out of Red Bull.

The move would reunite Schumacher with Mercedes GP team boss Ross Brawn, who masterminded all his seven titles at Benetton and Ferrari.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8368107.stm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would Schumacher feels that Mercedes will give him a competitive car? (Button preferred McLaren)

is his injury neck safe to drive now?

and Ferrari would release Schumacher as he still linked to Maranelo's house?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brawn distancing themselves from these rumours - expect no driver line up from them anytime soon though. They should just get on with it and announce Rosberg though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the impression Brawn screwed up with Button, and McLaren weren't going to look a gift-horse in the mouth after their negotiations with Kimi fell through.

Not offering him the salary he was after straight away led McLaren to start sniffing around and Button obviously liked what he saw. The fact that Brawn later offered a greater salary than McLaren, and yet Button still went with the Woking outfit, is interesting indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - he obviously just wanted a new challenge. Can't blame him to a certain extent - he wants to prove himself against Lewis and he thinks he is good enough. You can't call him cowardly that's for sure. Bet Brawn wish they hadn't ditched Rubens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nico Rosberg was confirmed as the first member of the new Mercedes team’s 2010 driver line-up on Monday. The announcement follows Mercedes’ recent purchase of Brawn GP, who have not retained either of their 2009 drivers - world champion Jenson Button or Rubens Barrichello - for next season.

Rosberg moves from Williams, the team with which he started his Formula One race career in 2006, having won the inaugural GP2 championship the previous season. Since his F1 debut the 24-year-old German has scored two podiums, two fastest laps and 75.5 points. Barrichello has already been confirmed as his Williams replacement.

Mercedes have yet to reveal who will partner Rosberg for the German company's first season as a works team since 1955.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/11/10236.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BMW sells F1 team back to Peter Sauber

Friday, November 27th 2009, 10:33 GMT

BMW has agreed to sell its Formula 1 team back to Peter Sauber, on condition that the team receives an entry for 2010, after announcing it's original sale to Qadbak Investment Ltd. will not be completed.

The German car maker announced earlier this year it was pulling out of Formula 1, but said it had agreed a deal with Swiss company Qadbak, who was to run the team in the future.

BMW said on Friday however that the Qadbak deal would not be completed.

Instead, the car maker has sold the team back to Peter Sauber, who founded his F1 team in 1993 and ran it until BMW bought it four years ago.

The future of the team in Formula 1 remains unclear, however, as the FIA is yet to confirm its grid slot for 2010.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada's back!

The Canadian Grand Prix's return to the Formula 1 calendar in 2010 is now official, after the government stepped in to help secure a five-year deal for the race.

Following months of uncertainty about the fate of the event, which was dropped for this season after a deal could not be reached with Bernie Ecclestone, the Montreal race's return was confirmed at a press conference in the Canadian city on Friday afternoon.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80358

Also read this in a different article:

"There is speculation that the poorly performing Turkish Grand Prix will be dropped in favour of Montreal on the schedule."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...1127?hub=Canada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hands down my fave track

Sorry, are you referring to Silverstone or Montreal?

In any case, glad to see Montreal back on the schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIA release 2010 entry list:

2010 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List

1 Jenson BUTTON (GB) - VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES

2 Lewis HAMILTON (GB) - VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES

3 Nico ROSBERG (D) - BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM*

4 TBA - BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM*

5 Sebastian VETTEL (D) - RED BULL RACING

6 Mark WEBBER (AUS) - RED BULL RACING

7 Felipe MASSA (BR) - SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO

8 Fernando ALONSO (E) - SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO

9 Rubens BARRICHELLO (BR) - AT&T WILLIAMS

10 Nico HÜLKENBERG (D) - AT&T WILLIAMS

11 Robert KUBICA (PL) - RENAULT F1 TEAM

12 TBA - RENAULT F1 TEAM

14 Adrian SUTIL (D) - FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM

15 Vitantonio LIUZZI (I) - FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM

16 Sébastien BUEMI (CH) - SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO

17 TBA - SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO

18 TBA - LOTUS F1 RACING

19 TBA - LOTUS F1 RACING

20 TBA - CAMPOS META 1

21 Bruno SENNA (BR) - CAMPOS META 1

22 TBA - US F1 TEAM

23 TBA - US F1 TEAM

24 Timo GLOCK (D) - VIRGIN RACING

25 TBA - VIRGIN RACING

* This team has indicated its intention to change its team name to Mercedes Grand Prix prior to the start of the 2010 season.

- Toyota Motorsport GmbH remains formally bound by the Concorde Agreement to put forward a team for participation, though it has indicated that it will not be in a position to do so. An announcement will be made regarding this entry in due course.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/press...entry_list.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 teams appear on the list and among them we find Virgin Racing – a designation which confirms that the company is indeed taking over the Manor Grand Prix operation, as was expected; however, the deal between Manor and Virgin has yet to be officially confirmed. Richard Branson's brand sponsored the successful Brawn GP team this season.

The dispute between the FIA and Toyota regarding the Japanese manufacturer's pullout of the sport – a move the FIA considers as a breach of contract following Toyota's previous commitment to F1 until the end of the 2012 season – has resulted in the Sauber team's absence on the 2010 entry list.

Peter Sauber's team intended to take over Toyota's now-vacant spot, but there have been reports that Toyota might sell its position on the grid to one of the new teams waiting on stand-by – all to avoid a possibly massive financial penalty.

Therefore the 13th and final team position remains in limbo until the FIA-Toyota issue is worked out. If Toyota's spot is given to a new team, Sauber nonetheless has a chance of competing next season if all other participants on the list agree to open up a 14th entry.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...130201256.shtml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Press Release

FIA Formula One World Championship - BMW Sauber

03/12/2009

The FIA has written to inform BMW Sauber AG that their application for an entry in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship has been successful. Subject to their signing the Concorde Agreement, BMW Sauber will be awarded the 13th entry in the Championship, taking the place of the departing Toyota team.

The FIA has worked closely with the Commercial Rights Holder and the teams involved over recent weeks and is grateful for their support in achieving the best outcome for the sport.

An updated Formula One entry list will be published in due course.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/press.../f1_sauber.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Renault want to leave before the start of next season and may well be bought out by ProDrive (Aston Martin)

"The team will be known as Prodrive Renault for the next two years and then it is anticipated that the whole operation will be rebadged as Aston Martin."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds like Renault want to leave before the start of next season and may well be bought out by ProDrive (Aston Martin)

"The team will be known as Prodrive Renault for the next two years and then it is anticipated that the whole operation will be rebadged as Aston Martin."

Bad news after the loss of Honda, Toyota and BMW :(

At least I hope that they are going to stay as engine supplier (like in the 90's...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad news after the loss of Honda, Toyota and BMW :(

At least I hope that they are going to stay as engine supplier (like in the 90's...)

I don't think it's bad news... I rather support a team than a car manufacturer.

I wouldn't mind if all cars had the same engine a tyres, if so the best engineers involved directly in the building of the car and drivers would be rewarded in fair way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently they are going to stay on as an engine supplier if they do pull out. But it's not terrible news if they're selling up to a new team. I just wonder whether Kubica will stay on if Renault morphs into Prodrive. Will his new contract still be valid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Really? Jacques' back?

rumours only ;)

------------------

04/12/09 09:39

Jacques Villeneuve's is the latest name linked with the rumours about Renault's future in Formula One.

It was reported on Thursday that Prodrive may be close to agreeing a deal to take over the French carmaker's Enstone-based facility.

It is now expected that Mangrove Capital Partners, involved with the driver management group Gravity Sport who have Jerez tester Ho-Pin Tung on their roster, is a part of the Renault/Prodrive deal.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...204093956.shtml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...