Olympic Bus Network

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I was just reading press releases about the final phase of tickets sales and they said that no more Whistler tickets would be released because the Olympic Bus Network was filled up. I had previously read that it was in November when the bus tickets would be released, but I kind of freaked out and thought I had missed it when I read the recent news.

I was disappointed to find out that the Olympic Bus Network whisks you straight back down to Vancouver after your event. I was hoping to spend a few hours in Whistler after the Ski Jumping and maybe even go to the Victory Ceremony that night. You can book your own alternative transfers here...

http://www.ridebooker.com/shuttle/

You can even get a downtown pickup instead of having to go out to the Olympic Bus Network Hubs.

I was disappointed to find out that the Olympic Bus Network whisks you straight back down to Vancouver after your event. I was hoping to spend a few hours in Whistler after the Ski Jumping and maybe even go to the Victory Ceremony that night.

:angry::angry::angry:

Same for me, the three times I got Alpine Skiing I also got the Luge or Bobsleigh events right after the same day.

Lot of peoples will be in the same situation.

I can't believe they didn't think about that.

So if you have two Whistler tickets you will have to go to Whistler, few your event, go back to Vancouver and then back to Whistler for your next event?

I doubt this is the case if you have more than one event at Whistler on a given day. Their concern is probably more that people will buy tickets for the OBN, but hang out in Whistler, causing overcrowding on the final buses for the day following the victory ceremony. If you have tickets for an event during the day and the victory ceremony, you'll probably need to leave on the victory ceremony bus heading home.. if you don't, there won't be room for you on that bus since they'll have as many buses as needed to transport those that have purchased tickets for a given event ONLY.

So if you have two Whistler tickets you will have to go to Whistler, few your event, go back to Vancouver and then back to Whistler for your next event?

No there is internal bus system in whistler to go from one venue to another.

You will have to book your return ticket on the OBN after your last event...

Will you be able to book on the OBN without having a ticket for an event?

No...

The Olympic Bus Network

The Olympic bus network is the quickest way for spectators from Metro Vancouver to be transported to Cypress Mountain and Whistler venues from a network of departure hubs. After each competition, you will be transported back to your originating departure point. To reserve a seat on the bus, you must purchase an Olympic bus network transportation ticket. Only Olympic event ticket holders may reserve seats on the Olympic bus network.

No...

The Olympic Bus Network

The Olympic bus network is the quickest way for spectators from Metro Vancouver to be transported to Cypress Mountain and Whistler venues from a network of departure hubs. After each competition, you will be transported back to your originating departure point. To reserve a seat on the bus, you must purchase an Olympic bus network transportation ticket. Only Olympic event ticket holders may reserve seats on the Olympic bus network.

Do they know all names of the ticket holders? Also the foreign ticket holders?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a specific reason to buy from the Olympic Bus Network versus a company like ridebooker.com?

Does anyone know if, after your Whistler event is done, could one take a few hours out to explore Whistler before returning back on the network or must one go right back after the end of the event?

I remember that I read some weeks ago that only the people who have ticket for an event will have the possibility to buy the OBN bus ticket on the 24th of November.

They do that to be sure they will have enough buses.

So, if you don't allready have a Whistler ticket in your account (from Phase I, II or III), sorry, no OBN for you.

And now, for the peoples like me who got 2 events in the same day : We have no choice, pay two differents tickets at 25$ each instead of only one.

Example : for the 17th I got Alpine Ski (11h00 to 12h45) and Luge (17h00 to 19h30)

I will have to buy the 25$ ticket for the first event (knowing that I will not use the return ticket) and I will have to buy the 25$ ticket for the second event (knowing again that I will use it only for one way)

Of course I'm not stupid to return to Vancouver between the two events just because I have a paid bus ticket for that.

Yes I will lost 25$ (so what? on the total expenses of my three weeks trip)

Ounce there in Whistler, you don't really need a bus shuttle form a venue to an other since everything is very close and accessible by walk.

Edited by Chateau Petrus

I remember that I read some weeks ago that only the people who have ticket for an event will have the possibility to buy the OBN bus ticket on the 24th of November.

So, if you don't allready have a Whistler ticket in your account (from Phase I, II or III), sorry, no OBN for you.

And now, for the peoples like me who got 2 events in the same day : We have no choice, pay two differents tickets at 25$ each instead of only one.

Example : for the 17th I got Alpine Ski (11h00 to 12h45) and Luge (17h00 to 19h30)

I will have to buy the 25$ ticket for the first event (knowing that I will not use the return ticket) and I will have to buy the 25$ ticket for the second event (knowing again that I will use it only for one way)

Of course I'm not stupid to return to Vancouver between the two events just because I have a paid bus ticket for that.

Ounce there in Whistler, you don't really need a bus shuttle form a venue to an other since everything is very close and accessible by walk.

Thanks for the info!

Serioulsly....if I were you I'd start kicking up a fuss with VANOC. Call tickets.com, email them, because this is just stoopid. I'm sure there are hundreds of people who've consolidated their Whistler tickets to multiple sessions per day. If they do it the way you've described, that means hundreds of seats empty in both directions.

It might take some noisemaking, but VANOC's pretty responsive.