Vancouver Olympic Torch Replica Available For Sale (at 295$)

Here's the link to order :

http://store.ctvolympics.ca/Pages/product....id=450001511744

Note that you can also pre-order the Limited Edition Commemorative DVD Box Set of the Highlights of the Games (of course available after the Games)

Edited by Chateau Petrus

It's also being sold through the vancouver2010.com store. Torchbearers pay $50 more to keep theirs.

Here's the link to order :

http://store.ctvolympics.ca/Pages/product....id=450001511744

Note that you can also pre-order the Limited Edition Commemorative DVD Box Set of the Highlights of the Games (of course available after the Games)

Actually it's about 30cm....saw it today at the Superstore. Surprisingly small.

The torch for sale is only a tiny model about 50 cms in height.

Actually....I <I>am</I> a torchbearer. And have already paid for mine. But it's a real torch (the one I'll be carrying; they release it to my custody as soon as I finish my run), not a smaller replica. I don't mind paying--it's a lot of money, but it's an incredible privilege at the same time.

would you pay the $50 more if you were a torchbearer, jawnbc?

Actually....I <I>am</I> a torchbearer. And have already paid for mine. But it's a real torch (the one I'll be carrying; they release it to my custody as soon as I finish my run), not a smaller replica. I don't mind paying--it's a lot of money, but it's an incredible privilege at the same time.

wow that is great - have you already carried it or will you carry it when it comes back to BC in 2010?

Not yet. Day 100, 06 February, between Whistler and Merritt. I am SO excited!!!!! I entered the Coke contest over 100 times. I got to the second round 5 times. Once they tell me it's OK I'll post my essay here.

wow that is great - have you already carried it or will you carry it when it comes back to BC in 2010?

Haha! Thank gawd no! But it is only 300m. I'm gonna trot it (look like jogging but going slowly) so I can savour the moments!

Did you have to prove that you are able to run your distance in a time?

• 2 weeks later...
I just learned today that my boss had been chosen to be a torchbearer.

He allready pay to keep his torch.

Tried to deal with him with no succes :(

I am also doing the torch relay on Feb.9 and would NOT sell my torch for any price.....it is to become a family treasure starting with grandson to remember the Games and his nana, who at 71 will be thrilled to do my 300m in the epic event. :rolleyes:

And my husband doesn't know yet....but my torch is going in our living room!

I am also doing the torch relay on Feb.9 and would NOT sell my torch for any price.....it is to become a family treasure starting with grandson to remember the Games and his nana, who at 71 will be thrilled to do my 300m in the epic event. :rolleyes: