PanAmerican Games - Rio de Janeiro 2007

can135

There is any photo??

I'll try to take photos and put here.

:verysad:

If Americanas.Com and HP make the 'favour' of change my new hp photosmart 635. It broken with 22 days and seven photos taken..

In the following article You could see a small aerial photo of The João Havelange Olympic Stadium.

Today, We have more collumns stand.

Desculpe o transtorno, estamos em obras

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carioca, do you have any information about the construction of the Pan American Village?

I've read in Folha de S. Paulo that Agenco and CoRio were changing the project, that the Village would be smaller than the actual project, but as i got this information from a paulista newspaper, I'm taking it as demagogy.

I know that Caixa Bank has not launched the money yet, and Abenco is using own funding to do that, but I believe it's just a matter of time, since all the documents related to the project, approval and public licitation are Ok.

Carioca, do you have any information about the construction of the Pan American Village?

I've read in Folha de S. Paulo that Agenco and CoRio were changing the project, that the Village would be smaller than the actual project, but as i got this information from a paulista newspaper, I'm taking it as demagogy.

I know that Caixa Bank has not launched the money yet, and Abenco is using own funding to do that, but I believe it's just a matter of time, since all the documents related to the project, approval and public licitation are Ok.

not_vilapan1.jpg

slide0022_image096.jpg

The Globo Organizations, Petrobras and CEF are promoting a seminary named 'The Economic Revitalization of RIO de Janeiro State'.

Today the vice-president of CEF said in this seminary that CEF will liberate the money to finance the Pan Village. Thanks God.

Agenco said that will construct the PanVillage with or Without the CEF's money. And this decision about to change the size of apartments won't be a problem.

But I'm more happy with this statement of CEF's Vice-President.

Look :

CEF vai financiar Vila Panamericana

This may be a stupid question to ask here, but how popular is the Pan American Games to an average Brazilian, in comparison to other sporting events?

Good Question.

Let me search some news about this.. but, here in RIO We can feell the interesting about the games increasing in the people.

This may be a stupid question to ask here, but how popular is the Pan American Games to an average Brazilian, in comparison to other sporting events?

It's fairly popular here... not as much as the Fifa's World Cup or Olympic Games, of course, but media gives PanAm Games a good attention, mainly sports media.

Last edition (2003) two of our main TV stations broadcasted  PanAm events/news, as well as two of our main cable TV sports channels.

FAct is there are some stupidity in brazilian sports media: when a TV station can't get the rights to broadcast a special event, its news network just doesn't pay any attention to it. For example, Globo Tv and Band TV got the rights to broadcast Athens2004, so in their dialy night news program they always reported a lot of information about it. The other channels, instead, (and because they weren't showing OG) gave too little information in their news shows. The only exception is Fifa's world cup, because almost every brazilian loves football!!

Important moments of our sport history have been ignored  by most TV channels... due to this dummy attitude.

I see, Rogerioandrade and Carioca. I know for sure that Brazil does well in Pan American Games past.

Oh... we almost tied with Canada in Santo Domingo! In fact, Brazil tied with 29 Gold medals, but got less silver and bronze, so getting 4th in Medal Charts.

I believe the PanAm's are just popular in Latin American countries... Most North-american media don't pay any attention to this event. I wonder what's Canadian media repercution on the PanAmGames

There is also another reason. During the PanAm Games, we actually win A LOT MORE events/games than lose. After all, there were 29 Gold Medals in Santo Domingo against only 4 in Athens.

Since brazilians always pays attention to the winning athletes, and not much for those who are only competing or getting more experience, the coverage is only worse than Olympics and WC. The sponsorship only goes for those who actually have won something, not for those who might win someday.

But always after the PanAm Games, the press starts to buzz: "We could be an Panamerican powerhouse, but not an Olympic one."

As part of the preparations of Maracanã stadium to host the Opening and Closing cerimonies and soccer games of RIO2007.

From GLOBO TV - Brazilian TV Broadcasting

The End of the popular area (Geral) of the Maracanã Stadium

0,9310,281436_10,00.JPG

In The afternoon of this Thursday, the governor of Rio, Rosinha Matheus, visited the works and received flowers of staffs.  Right away, withdrew the flags of Brazil and RIO State, that covered the models.  The Maracanãzinho Gymnasium will have a conditioned air system, special floor and digital scoreboards.  The works should be concluded in June of 2005.  

The main world's sports sentities do not accept more than the supporter watch to the events spectacle during two hours or more, in a place without seats.  It is the end of the popular gallery of the Maracanã.  

The new space  is going to have 20 thousand covered seats and other 18 thousand discovereds.  The field is going to be lowered in 1,2 m and the Maracanã won't be used for games and events from April to July of 2005.  

The capacity of the stadium is going to be extended of 78 thousand for 90 thousand places.  

http://rjtv.globo.com/RJTV/0,19125,VRV0-31...0040916,00.html

As part of the preparations of Maracanã stadium to host the Opening and Closing cerimonies and soccer games of RIO2007.

From GLOBO TV - Brazilian TV Broadcasting

The End of the popular area (Geral) of the Maracanã Stadium

0,9310,281436_10,00.JPG

In The afternoon of this Thursday, the governor of Rio, Rosinha Matheus, visited the works and received flowers of staffs.  Right away, withdrew the flags of Brazil and RIO State, that covered the models.  The Maracanãzinho Gymnasium will have a conditioned air system, special floor and digital scoreboards.  The works should be concluded in June of 2005.  

The main world's sports sentities do not accept more than the supporter watch to the events spectacle during two hours or more, in a place without seats.  It is the end of the popular gallery of the Maracanã.  

The new space  is going to have 20 thousand covered seats and other 18 thousand discovereds.  The field is going to be lowered in 1,2 m and the Maracanã won't be used for games and events from April to July of 2005.  

The capacity of the stadium is going to be extended of 78 thousand for 90 thousand places.  

http://rjtv.globo.com/RJTV/0,19125,VRV0-31...0040916,00.html

040916_capa_maraca_a.jpg

The model with the New Maracanã Sport Complex

As part of the preparations of Maracanã stadium to host the Opening and Closing cerimonies and soccer games of RIO2007 and the Brazilian intentions to host the Soccer World Cup in 2014.

I see, Rogerioandrade and Carioca. I know for sure that Brazil does well in Pan American Games past.

Oh... we almost tied with Canada in Santo Domingo! In fact, Brazil tied with 29 Gold medals, but got less silver and bronze, so getting 4th in Medal Charts.

I believe the PanAm's are just popular in Latin American countries... Most North-american media don't pay any attention to this event. I wonder what's Canadian media repercution on the PanAmGames

Canada does get some coverage of the Pan American Games. Probably not as much as the Olympic Games.

RIO 2007 made a presentation to International Paralympic Comitee in Athens,about RIO 2007 Para Pan Games

From RIO2007 web Site

PARA-PAN AMERICAN GAMES IPC PRAISES IDEA OF RIO 2007

CO-RIO makes a presentation in Athens on the organization of the event that will take place together with the Pan American Games

The International Executive Paralympic Committee (IPC) praised the fact that, for the first time in history, the Pan American Games will be held together with the Para-Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2007. The IPC complimented the work of the Pan American Games - Rio 2007 Organizing Committee (CO-RIO) during a presentation on Wednesday, August 15 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Athens, Greece. "The initiative is great news for the international Paralympic movement, said IPC president, Phill Craven. "From what we have seen from the presentation, the quality of the event in Rio de Janeiro will be of the highest level. We hope that the other continents follow this example and organize their Games uniting both Olympic and Paralympic competitions."

Read the complet article here : PARA-PAN AMERICAN GAMES : IPC PRAISES IDEA OF RIO 2007

There is any photo??

I'll try to take photos and put here.

:verysad:

If Americanas.Com and HP make the 'favour' of change my new hp photosmart 635. It broken with 22 days and seven photos taken..

In the following article You could see a small aerial photo of The João Havelange Olympic Stadium.

Today, We have more collumns stand.

Desculpe o transtorno, estamos em obras

More pictures of works at João Havelange Olympic Stadium (Engenhão)

before a question...

I don't agree with the decision to put the  opening and closing cerimonies in the Maracana Stadium.

I hope that COB CO-RIO2007 change these cerimonies to Joao Havelange Stadium. It's a tradition to have the Olympic or Pan cauldron, located in athletics venues.

What do You Think ?

All the following pictures are copyrighted.

Mr Cesar Maia - Rio de Janeiro Mayor visited the works of João Havelange Stadium yesterday 19/09/2004.

6851095621532_cms3.jpgAll rights reserved to photographer Clarice Castro

Mr Cesar Maia - Rio de Janeiro Mayor visiting the works of João Havelange Stadium yesterday 19/09/2004 - Click here to zoom this image

6821095621250_cmdescendo.jpgAll rights reserved to photographer Clarice Castro

We could see the João Havelange Stadium bleachers structures behind Mr Cesar Maia Rio's Mayor - Click here to zoom this image

6811095621152_cmaberta.jpgAll rights reserved to photographer Clarice Castro

Mr Maia observes the João Havelange Stadium Worksite - click here to zoom this image

6791095620821_cmtv.jpgAll rights reserved to photographer Clarice Castro

Mr Maia watched a DVD during the visit about the João Havelange Stadium.- click here to zoom this image

From: RIO City Gov WebSite and OGLOBO Brazilian Newspaper Web Site

RIO City Gov signed an agreement with French Gov for studies of implementation of new transport system in Barra da Tijuca - 20/09/2004 18:23

The RIO's Mayor Mr Cesar Maia and the consul of France in RIO Richard Barbeyron, signed in the afternoon of this Monday, 20, an agreement for studies of the implementation of news transport systems of passengers by vehicles of medium capacity (trolley or bus articulated), that is going to link several areas of Barra da Tijuca to the Village and Venues of Pan-american Games of 2007.

The French Company Systra - that made a similar project to ATHENS2004 OG- will do the studies.

Read more here translation will be need :

RIO's City Gov - Prefeitura assina acordo para estudar novo sistema de transporte na Barra

OGLOBO - Assinado acordo para novo sistema de transporte na Barra

Map of Barra da Tijuca Transport System Project

There is any photo??

I don't agree with the decision to put the  opening and closing cerimonies in the Maracana Stadium.

I hope that COB CO-RIO2007 change these cerimonies to Joao Havelange Stadium. It's a tradition to have the Olympic or Pan cauldron, located in athletics venues.

What do You Think ?

Man I need to tell you that I agree with that decision

Of course, it breaks the tradition of making the Ceremonies in the main Stadium, in this case the joao Avelange Stadium.

But you have to agree that the Maracana stadium is like a "dream stadium".. he! People from all over the world wanna know it, visit it, enter on it, watch a game on it. Indeed, it has more places than the JH Olympic Stadium. The Maracana, for all its history, deserves the Ceremonies.

There is any photo??

What do You Think ?

Man I need to tell you that I agree with that decision

Of course, it breaks the tradition of making the Ceremonies in the main Stadium, in this case the joao Avelange Stadium.

But you have to agree that the Maracana stadium is like a "dream stadium".. he! People from all over the world wanna know it, visit it, enter on it, watch a game on it. Indeed, it has more places than the JH Olympic Stadium. The Maracana, for all its history, deserves the Ceremonies.

Ok but the Maraca's field is smaller in size and diamenter than the new Joao Havelange Stadium field.

Did You see the pictures of Havelange Stadium works  ?

not_vilapan1.jpg

slide0022_image096.jpg

The Globo Organizations, Petrobras and CEF are promoting a seminary named 'The Economic Revitalization of RIO de Janeiro State'.

Today the vice-president of CEF said in this seminary that CEF will liberate the money to finance the Pan Village. Thanks God.

Agenco said that will construct the PanVillage with or Without the CEF's money. And this decision about to change the size of apartments won't be a problem.

But I'm more happy with this statement of CEF's Vice-President.

Look :

CEF vai financiar Vila Panamericana

Great News Rogerio !

VILA PAN-AMERICANA - GOVERNO FEDERAL VIABILIZA EMPREENDIMENTO -PanAmerican Village - Federal Government sign financial contract to works

Now we´re seeing some serious work. That is what we were expecting from our governants, related to the Rio2007 Games.

Maracanazinho deserved those reforms. I hope they do the same with the football stadium and improve it. I´ve heard that next year it will be on reform too - during the Brazilian Championships - ouch !! ??? . Its repairing should be during the first semester, but anyway it needs some improving.

Rio gets ready for 2007 !!

Now we´re seeing some serious work. That is what we were expecting from our governants, related to the Rio2007 Games.

Maracanazinho deserved those reforms. I hope they do the same with the football stadium and improve it. I´ve heard that next year it will be on reform too - during the Brazilian Championships - ouch !! ??? . Its repairing should be during the first semester, but anyway it needs some improving.

Rio gets ready for 2007 !!

Go to page 09 of this topic, here you find the projects about Maracana stadium reforms and news photos from Joao Havelange Stadium works.

i think brazil, and specially rio are overranked, those are no so important cities.....

and specially i dont think that Pan American games are great, you know the last edition was very awfull and this games are no so important and no so High-Class...

After RIO2007 this point of view will be changed.

RIO2007 PanAmerican Games and Para Pan Games will be hosted in venues and installations that could be used in an Olympic Games Edition.

This is one of objectives of Brazil, give a Olympic Treatment to Pan Games to show to IOC that We can host a OG.

is very different to host a Pan American games, that host and olypic games.. is very different and i dont think that brazil is going to have olympic games in a long time...shure they have the 2007 PanAmerican, but not the 2016 SOG, and now the most weird thing ..a world cup at 2014..only in your dreams...is not enought to have the intention, the city must be capable....

i think that brazil only promotes Rio because is the only city that is known in the world...but there´s still a long way to the olympics...

Archived