Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can135

PanAmerican Games - Rio de Janeiro 2007

Hello all.

Well, as we have a special section for international games. i though it would be nice to have a forum about the PanAmerican Games, which is the 3rd bigger multisports event in the world (1st-Olympics, 2nd-AsianGames).

The next edition will be in Rio de Janeiro - I can't wait for that! - in 2007, and the city is busy working on it. The main stadium and some facilities are already in construction and the website in on since 2002.

Although not as overcrowded of events like SantoDomingo's, I believe they will be awesome...and i've already registered as a volunteer.

What are your spectations for the next PanAMGames?

:glare:

I am extremely excited about the Pan Am Games in Rio in 2007.  I have been trying to find out when tickets will go on sale to the public so that I can start making preparations.  I would love to attend and having 3 full years to plan should give me the time do make the necessary plans.

After all of the building being done in Rio for 2007, what major projects will remain for the 2012 Games if Rio were to win?  

Is Macareña being used for the Pan Am Games?  I saw one site that said the capacity for this stadium is no longer 150,000 as it once was - have they changed this stadium because I saw the capacity listed at 80-90,000 on another site?  

Good luck to Rio and all of Brazil with their preparations!

I'm Carioca (was born and live in RIO), and I'm very happy and excited with the preparations of RIO to host the PanAm Games in 2007.

RIO will receive a massive investments in transport, communications, new jobs, enviroment for example.

Brazil and RIO will receive great number of tourists, and We'll improve our image in the world.

The installations, legacies and benefits will be used in the RIO2012 BID for OG 2012

I'm a volunteer and would like to see the majority of competitions.

See You Here

RIO2007

I am extremely excited about the Pan Am Games in Rio in 2007.  I have been trying to find out when tickets will go on sale to the public so that I can start making preparations.  I would love to attend and having 3 full years to plan should give me the time do make the necessary plans.

After all of the building being done in Rio for 2007, what major projects will remain for the 2012 Games if Rio were to win?  

Is Macareña being used for the Pan Am Games?  I saw one site that said the capacity for this stadium is no longer 150,000 as it once was - have they changed this stadium because I saw the capacity listed at 80-90,000 on another site?  

logo.gif

The installations of PanGames RIO2007 will be used in RIO 2012 OG.

Oxala RIO will be in the shortlist. Then when the IOC delegates came to RIO to do the inspections, They will many of this installations being prepared.

Yes Maracanã Stadium will be used in PanAm Games RIO2007. The oppening and closing cerimonies will be done in It. The stadium will be one of head of Soccer and the great final will be played in It. But how could You see in the picture bellow, Maracanã is a sport complex We have beyond Soccer :

foto_maracana.jpg

- Marathon finish line

- The Maracanãzinho Arena >> Volleyball competition;

- The Júlio Delamare Aquatic Center >> Water Polo competition.

To respect the new rules of security of FIFA and IOC,

Maracanã has got reducted Its capacity. Now It's around 90 people.

You could see more and more informations at official website of RIO2007 PanAm Games. www.rio2007.org.br

See You There..

150,000 as it once was - have they changed this stadium because I saw the capacity listed at 80-90,000 on another site?  

[/img]

Maracanã has got reducted Its capacity. Now It's around 90 people.

You could see more and more informations at official website of RIO2007 PanAm Games. www.rio2007.org.br

See You There..

90 thousand people... seated... you mean

In fact, the total capacity is still 120.000 ( counting with the "geral" section - where people stay stand up ). Frequently the section is closed or half closed due to security measures.

In fact, the total capacity is still 120.000 ( counting with the "geral" section - where people stay stand up ). Frequently the section is closed or half closed due to security measures.

Are you sure?

I am having heard so many deferents informations.

For what I know the totaL capacity is somethimg about 103.022, datas of Suderj.

Geral 25.302

Cadeiras Comuns (2º andar) 24.362  

cadeiras perpétuas 2.524

cadeiras vendáveis 21.838

Cadeiras Especiais (6º andar) 5.700  

cadeiras perpétuas 2.289

cadeiras vendáveis 3.411

Arquibancada 44.818

setor branco  11.288  

setor amarelo  13.442  

setor verde  20.088  

Tribuna de Honra 72

Tribuna Desportiva 200

Tribuna de Imprensa 738

Camarotes 1.830

54 unidades de 15 lugares 810  

24 unidades de 20 lugares 480  

18 unidades de 30 lugares 540

TOTAL 103.022 lugares

But still the bigest of the world. :)

Suderj

Hello all.

Well, as we have a special section for international games. i though it would be nice to have a forum about the PanAmerican Games, which is the 3rd bigger multisports event in the world (1st-Olympics, 2nd-AsianGames).

The next edition will be in Rio de Janeiro - I can't wait for that! - in 2007, and the city is busy working on it. The main stadium and some facilities are already in construction and the website in on since 2002.

I'm looking forward to Rio de Janeiro 2007 also, and to see what happens with the 2012 Olympic bid.

Rogerio, what can you tell us about recent sports events in Rio such as the 2002 South American Games and the Latin American X Games held each of the past three years. Did you have any personal experience with these events?

Also, It's always hard to determine which is the second or third largest games "after the Olympics", and the Olympic Games are only the largest in terms of the number of "nations" participating (if you consider one or two people a "nation" participating). The World Masters Games have pulled in twice as many participants as the largest Olympic games on two occasions, 1994 and 2002.

In terms of the number of nations, 44 is the largest Asian Games, and 42 the largest Pan American Games.  The World University Games have had 45 or more nations on 18 occasions, over 100 nations on nine of those.

Both the Asian Games and Pan American Games have far more sports than the World University Games. The last Asian games had 38 sports and the last Pan American Games 42 sports, while the World University Games places limits on the number of sports in its games ranging from 12-14.

The World Masters Games and World Police and Fire Games are the largest in terms of the number of sporting events, with the largest World Police and Fire Games including 64 sports.

Oh, my dear friend

Macarenã is one thing

Maracanã is another... :;):

[i'm looking forward to Rio de Janeiro 2007 also, and to see what happens with the 2012 Olympic bid.

Rogerio, what can you tell us about recent sports events in Rio such as the 2002 South American Games and the Latin American X Games held each of the past three years. Did you have any personal experience with these events?

Champion,

I just wrote my opinion, in the Rio Forum, about the Test Events that are being held here in Rio that I attended. The calendar is already full until 2007 and it will be more coming up. The news about further events are in the RIO 2007 webpage.

As for my personal experience, I worked at Salt Lake Games 2 years ago (not as a volunteer, because I was paid, but I loved it the same)

BSTOUT1221,

Tickets are likely to be available (to everyone) during the final year of preparation, so probably by the second semester of 2006 you will find it on sale.

If you want to plan your cost, I think (in a VERY pessimistic preview) that tickets will be around $5 (preliminaries) and $25 (Finals of track and field, swimming, maybe gymnastics, and basketball).

I have already put my name to work as a volunteer, specially at Cycling and Triathlon events.  :wwww:

Oh, my dear friend

Macarenã is one thing

Maracanã is another... :;):

:laughlong:  :laughlong:  :laughlong: I didn´t noticed this.

Hello all.

I'm looking forward to Rio de Janeiro 2007 also, and to see what happens with the 2012 Olympic bid.

Also, It's always hard to determine which is the second or third largest games "after the Olympics", and the Olympic Games are only the largest in terms of the number of "nations" participating (if you consider one or two people a "nation" participating). The World Masters Games have pulled in twice as many participants as the largest Olympic games on two occasions, 1994 and 2002.

In terms of the number of nations, 44 is the largest Asian Games, and 42 the largest Pan American Games.  The World University Games have had 45 or more nations on 18 occasions, over 100 nations on nine of those.

Both the Asian Games and Pan American Games have far more sports than the World University Games. The last Asian games had 38 sports and the last Pan American Games 42 sports, while the World University Games places limits on the number of sports in its games ranging from 12-14.

The World Masters Games and World Police and Fire Games are the largest in terms of the number of sporting events, with the largest World Police and Fire Games including 64 sports.

Hello champion,

Sorry about the delay and thanks a lot for the information about Games :wink:  :)

I can't tell much about the events in Rio, 'cause I couldn't go there to see. I can tell you about SAGames events that happened in Sao Paulo, as the Tennis preliminaries, Weighlifiting and Handball finals, which I had the opportunity to see. At least in these few events, no delay with the schedule and nice venues. I had some facts with the transportation, but that's because I live far from the venues used.

Obs.: SAGames were divided in 4 cities (Rio, Curitiba, Belem, Sao Paulo) because SASO and BOC had just 3,5 months to prepare everything.

Even so, for everybody's surprise, the event was a huge success, well organized; people who attended events in Rio and Belem got the best - swimming, track'n'field, oxing in Belem and Judo, Taekwando, Futsal, Yachting in Rio -

I could see all of them on TV and everything seemed fine, with no delays, quality venues (as the media here said) and many attendants in every event. Also, some of the events were free.

About the Latin XGames, this year the repercution in the media was great, not just due to the new, modern installations but due to the increasing attendance every year. No incidents were reported during the competitions.

Check these sites to find more about SAGAmes and LatinXGames:

www.cob.org.br

xgames.globo.com

www.latinxgames.com

Well, I feel like a fool for writing that!   I apologize - I don't know where my mind was as I typed that in!   Sorry!

I am extremely

If you want to plan your cost, I think (in a VERY pessimistic preview) that tickets will be around $5 (preliminaries) and $25 (Finals of track and field, swimming, maybe gymnastics, and basketball).

I have already put my name to work as a volunteer, specially at Cycling and Triathlon events.  :wwww:

Are these figures in Reais (R$) or USDollars?

If it's in Reais, they're really cheap, that's a good thing. Everyone will enjoy the PanAmerican Games

Rominger, thanks for the information about what you think ticket prices will be!   Let's hope they do stay reasonable so people of every income range can appreciate the sporting events.  But the range you mentioned does seem to be reasonable IMO.

Are you sure?

I am having heard so many deferents informations.

For what I know the totaL capacity is somethimg about 103.022, datas of Suderj.

But still the bigest of the world. :)

Suderj

Thank you.

I though it was 120.000 because I remember to have read that in a National Football Championship Magazine. Probably the information was out-of-date.

I am extremely

Are these figures in Reais (R$) or USDollars?

If it's in Reais, they're really cheap, that's a good thing. Everyone will enjoy the PanAmerican Games

Rogerio,

This is my personal estimate. I think if it costs more than that (which is highly unlikely since they will want the public to watch it) the CORIO will be doing a stupid thing.

For example of test events ticket prices:

Modern Pentathlon and Fencing - Free (Road Cycling obviously free)

Gymnastic - $3

Boxing - $5 (I don´t know who was the brilliant man who thought that boxing was more attractive than Gymnastic)

Besides, I remembered the prices of the Santo Domingo 2003 Games and it wasn´t much different than what I am projecting right now.

My point is: If they want to impress the IOC, they will want crowded stadiums and arenas. So, according to our reality, they won´t think about raising prices

I won´t pay, for example, more than R$ 20 (something around $7 depending on the exchange rate) to see a Pan American fencing event final, do you? (Nothing against fencing, but the level of the Americas in this sport IS very low).

The cost of the 2007 Games is already given. They will get more money with TV rights and publicity (which is allowed) than with the ticket revenue.

The main stadium is already on construction and the land is being prepared for the construction of the PanAMerican Village (government withdraw the first parcel of the investiment).

By now, plans for the 2007 PanAM Games are going smoothly. Rio is doing a nice job. I´m sure it will impress IOC members when they come here to evaluate the city conditions

The main stadium is already on construction and the land is being prepared for the construction of the PanAMerican Village (government withdraw the first parcel of the investiment).

By now, plans for the 2007 PanAM Games are going smoothly. Rio is doing a nice job. I´m sure it will impress IOC members when they come here to evaluate the city conditions

Actually will be used 2 main stadiums:

Maracanã - ceremony and football machs -103.022 seats

João Havelange - Athletics - 45.000 seats

What are the other venues for football?

What are the other venues for football?

Moça Bonita - property of Bangu Atlético Clube - 9.500 seats

São Januário - property of Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama (o meu Vascão) - 35.000 seats

Futsal

Miécimo da Silva - property of city hall - 5.000 seats

OK. 2012 is past now... (interesting this statement, huh?)

Let's do our better for the PAn American Games !

Well, what else we can do ? ? ? ?

The goal now is to host the best PanAm Games ever, apply for the 2016 bid, as Mr. Nuzman is saying it will, and hope that in 2008, with our experience not only in these Games but in other World Championships (like 2006 Basketball, 2007 White Water Slalom and pehaps in the future the Judo and Swimming WC, or even the Track and Field WC).

Before then, is just work, work and more work.