All African Games

International almost unnoticed by the rest of the world are the (All) African Games. Maybe because coverage is not very good. For example: in 2003 the games were held in

Abuja - Nigeria and hardly any news or results were published. Even the official site was lacking the main information.

In 1995 the games were held in Zimbabwe. Apart from all diificulties in the organisation, information about these games is very (very) hard to find.

Does anybody know if the games will be held in 2007? According to several sources Algeria will be hosting these games.

Casablanca, Kinshasha and Nairobi can host these Games successfully. Nairobi and Casablanca can take these Games as warm-up competitions for future Olympic bids.

I hope that Algiers will we capable to host two "major" games in one year! Perhaps they use the venues of the 2004 Arab Games?

Casablanca and Nairobi could host the games, buth Kinshasa definitinely not! I think Dakar (Senegal) would be an option. But one never knows, because even Niamey (Niger) was capable of hosting a major event in 2005 - Francophone Games.

Cairo was the place to be in 2005 for the judo world championships, but even with only one sport, there was a lot to be desired......Many athletes had to sleep a night in the judo-venue.

Wunderfull pictures!

Compliments for Johannesburg. Even untill today the website is still available!

I expected from Nigeria (Abuja) the same standard, but it just wasn't good enough.

Will Algeria be capable to host well organised Games and hopefully make a website which can be read in English or French also. Because in 2004 the website of the Pan Arab Games was only available in Arab....

Well perhaps I was mistaken about the website and visited a disguised site of a terrorist group. Perhaps that is why they never answered my questions about the Games....

:D

Anyway: if anybody wants to be informed about the next African Games, better hope for inprovement.

Are there any candidates for the 2011 African Games? :oo:

Maybe Ceuta or Melilla can host them  :) They're in the African continent (although they are also in Spain)

Maybe Ceuta or Melilla can host them  :) They're in the African continent (although they are also in Spain)

It was determined by the SCSA that the country of ZAMBIA will host the 2011 (All-)African Games. However, this is suspicious because of "ineligible" candidates and the Zambian NOC was not aware of any bid for the Games.

I don't think Zambia (Lusaka?) will be able to host games, which have a standard needed for Games of this scale.

Marocco (Casablanca), Egypt (Cairo), South Africa (Cape Town) and perhaps Senegal (Dakar) or Nigeria (Lagos) will be able to finance or stage such events.

See what happened with the 1995 venues in Zimbabwe. Most of them are not used anymore and definitely not upgraded or modernized anymore!

of course Tunesia (Tunis) would be able. They proved in 2001 with the organisation of the Mediteranean Games, that they are able to stage a major event!

Perhaps Tripoli - Libya?

It was determined by the SCSA that the country of ZAMBIA will host the 2011 (All-)African Games. However, this is suspicious because of "ineligible" candidates and the Zambian NOC was not aware of any bid for the Games.

Lusaka 2011??!! :shocked: Are they mad? :help:

Niamey could host Francophone Games too. I thought that was mas also. Correct me if I am wrong but Niger is one of the poorest countries in the world?

Niamey could host Francophone Games too. I thought that was mas also. Correct me if I am wrong but Niger is one of the poorest countries in the world?

Yes, and on top of that, some parts of the country is still experiencing a famine, like Ethiopia in the 1980s, but "small in scale."

Lusaka 2011??!! :shocked: Are they mad? :help:

Don't ask me. Ask the SCSA: the Supreme Council for Sport in Africa. Besides, according to the IGA, the Zambian Sports Minister presented the bid "without notifying the national government." Surprise of surprises, the very SCSA agreed with the ideas within that proposal and gave the 2011 African Games to the nation.

Are there any photos of the venues in Niamey?

Maybe try this website:

Official 2005 Francophone Games Website In Niamey, Niger

Maybe try this website:

Official 2005 Francophone Games Website In Niamey, Niger

What a horrible hotels are there in Niamey! :shocked: The stadium remembers me a small stadium of a neighbourhood in the outskirts of Pamplona  :wwww: A stadium for teenagers and children

Archived