FIFA WORLD CUP DRAW

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually i think that there is no real group of death this time around.

In 2002 the group of death was: England, Sweden, Argentina and Nigeria. In this case, all 4 teams were high quality,

Group D (Mexico, Iran, Angola, Portugal), and Group E (Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic) do not really match up.

D and E may be the trickiest groups for 2006, but not really like the groups of death we have witnessed in previous football tournaments.

In 2002 the group of death was: England, Sweden, Argentina and Nigeria. In this case, all 4 teams were high quality,

Group D (Mexico, Iran, Angola, Portugal), and Group E (Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic) do not really match up.

D and E may be the trickiest groups for 2006, but not really like the groups of death we have witnessed in previous football tournaments.

The Spanish media say the group of death is group C :oh:

group D is easy as he!! - Angola and Iran don't stand a chance

Group C - Argentina, Serbia, Cote d'Ivoire and Netherlands is the group of death

Group C - Argentina, Serbia, Cote d'Ivoire and Netherlands is the group of death

I agree.  I would class Group C as the group of death this time.

Group E is something of a group of death as well.

I agree.  I would class Group C as the group of death this time.

Group E is something of a group of death as well.

Close -- but not quite as tight as C.

The key to E is how Italy approach it. If they play from the first whistle, they should qualify comfortably. But, if they bugger about like they did during Euro 2004, they won't.

• 2 weeks later...
Says everything about FIFA that they care about the really important issues in world football.  :laughlong:

Yeah. And, after all that, he just wants a skateboard??  :shocked:  ???

How's that German doing selling those national name tags on eBay so far?

11.250€ for "Germany"!!!

Guess someone has a lot of money to spend.  :P

Archived