FIFA WORLD CUP DRAW

Argentina's men's senior national team has sucked for some time - their games are painful, they are so bad

OOOHHHH CANNNNADA, TO BAD WE SUCK AT FOOTBALL. Are you even in the top100 yet? :D

Well, Canada last qualified for the world cup in 1986, which was 20 years ago. Australia last competed in 1974, so it took them 32 years to get qualify again.

So lets wait until 2018, before deciding which team sucks the more when it comes to football.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Argentina's men's senior national team has sucked for some time - their games are painful, they are so bad

OOOHHHH CANNNNADA, TO BAD WE SUCK AT FOOTBALL. Are you even in the top100 yet? :D

Canada is bad, but it is in the top 100. At least, as the lowest-ranked team that is going to Germany 2006, Australia is way better ranked than Canada.

Australia isn't the lowest ranked team going to Germany, Ghana (50th), Trinidad and Tobago (51st), Togo (56th) and Angola (62nd) are all lower. And if you read the article currently on fifa.com's front page it explains exactly why Australia has had a poor ranking in the past, playing pacific nations and a lack of opponents and friendlies in recent years. The move into Asia in 2006 will hopefully rectify our ranking.

Well, Canada last qualified for the world cup in 1986, which was 20 years ago. Australia last competed in 1974, so it took them 32 years to get qualify again.

So lets wait until 2018, before deciding which team sucks the more when it comes to football.

I don’t think we have to wait, I think it can be settled right now. This will be the second time Australia has qualified. Now I haven’t done my research but im guessing that’s more times then Canada has. Also, with the likes of Harry Kewell (Liverpool), Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough) ect. Cahill, Swaz, Brecso, Alisio, Vidmar, Skoko, Muscat... playing high quality football in Europe (along with many others in Italy and Spain) you cant say we have an understudy of a team.

I think the rankings speak for itself especially considering for the past ten years most our matches have been against low quality pacific nation teams giving us no chance of ever proceeding up the ranks. The only reason Australia hasn’t qualified for as many world cups as we should have is mainly because of the tough legs we under take (against passionate South and Middle American teams). Narrowly losing to Iran a decade ago, and painful losses (and very painful draws) to Uruguay hasn’t helped the sport in the country. We have come sooooooo close for the past four world cups. Not to mention welcome victories in the Olympics, against Poland, England, South Africa, Uruguay and a few draws (Columbia ect.).

Now qualifying for Germany, the development of the A-League, Sydney FC at the world club championship in Japan (tomorrow night) and moving into the Asian league next season things are certainly looking up.

Quality players, a quality national team, quality football stadiums, strong participation levels (most highly participated sport in Australia) and a developing league. In what aspects does Canada triumph over that?

I think the rankings speak for itself

No they do not........

Remember only in August 2005, the USA was ranked up at number 6 in the FIFA rankings, ahead of countries like France (1998 world champions, 2000 Euro champions), Portugal (2004 Euro runners up), Germany (2002 world cup runners up) and even Italy (2000 Euro runners up).

I've got Brazil against Holland in the final with France v England for third place.

Interesting. I too had a Brazil v Holland final! I had an England v Czech Republic 3rd place play off.

:)

Anyways, I consider it to be a great honour to be compared to DJ Bungi!!

Kinda sick if u ask me.

Yeah, no one asked you. So please shove you nose somewhere else.  :)

Yeah, no one asked you. So please shove you nose somewhere else.  :)

Well, this is a FREE and OPEN forum - so you're getting it anyway whether u like it or not!   :P

I understand that; however, I don't see how any of it involves you? Must you shove your nose into something that clearly isn't direced towards you and make idiotic remarks on top if it as if its going make things better?

Its not my fault if that nationalist freak gowhateverhisname is isn't able to accept the fact I wont be cheering for his national team thats done nothing to get into the world cup, other then the fact that they are the home team.

Anyways, you don't see me interfearing into your little conflicts with the Spaniards since it dosen't involve me. Of course, bring the Drama queen yourself, you love to take every opportunity to make a drama out of nothing all for you own pleasure, so enjoy it your royal highness.  :)  :)

bring the Drama queen yourself,

Speak for yourself.  

Everything is fair game for comment on the internet.   :)

Did you bother to read anything I've written above? or did the only thing that bothered to catch your attention was the remark that you deny only because its true?

I rest my case!  :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmm I bet you did!!!

Anyways, if only you can igonre all of the posts I make then everything would be great. Of course, thats wishful thinking from my part.

Its not my fault if that nationalist freak gowhateverhisname is isn't able to accept the fact I wont be cheering for his national team thats done nothing to get into the world cup, other then the fact that they are the home team.

So are the rules. The host does not has to play the qualification. It can be also be a huge disadvantage (France 2002).

TG, i have no problem, that you dont cheer for Germany. But you also hope, that the Swiss team does not win the cup. I guess you think so, because Switzerland has won the qualification against Turkey. Sorry, but away-goals do count.

If you are not able to accept rules, perhaps you should not participate in the competition the next time. Be honest, you are a very bad loser. Ok?

So are the rules. The host does not has to play the qualification. It can be also be a huge disadvantage (France 2002).

TG, i have no problem, that you dont cheer for Germany. But you also hope, that the Swiss team does not win the cup. I guess you think so, because Switzerland has won the qualification against Turkey. Sorry, but away-goals do count.

If you are not able to accept rules, perhaps you should not participate in the competition the next time. Be honest, you are a very bad loser. Ok?

I am allowed to cheer for who ever I please and hope for whatever I want. Why is it so damn difficult for you to understand that?

This isn't something which you can dictate for me to preform. Why the on earth am I obligated to cheer for Switzerland????

and where the hel.l did I say that I didn't accept the results?

Jesus Christ, I don't know if you bothered to read my previous post directed towards you; however, I'll paste it again:

There is no way in hell I'll either be cheering for the team that robbed from us a birth place into the world cup; so get it through your thick skull.

If that makes me the "bad loser" then so be it.  :)

I can't believe how much cry babies there are on this forum. LMAO!! :laughlong:

Let's face it. It's hardly likely that TG is going to cheer for Switzerland after the slightly fruity second leg to the play-off, is it?

Finally someone understands the point I was trying to allude to all aong.

I mean, had they been in my shoe they would understand but no, for some God given reason; I am required to cheer on Switzerland or else I am an unaccepting bad loser.

This is nothing compared to the fact that I was questioned as to when I would leave the country I inhabit, just because I chose not to root for it. To me, this implies that I should either be forced to root for it or face deportation. Seriously, I don't understand how people can hold these sort of nationalist mentalities in this era of time?   :shocked:

Talking about the final draw again :upside:

The first four groups (A-B-C-D) are more difficult than the other ones (E-F-G-H) (although E is the so called "group of dead", well, in Spain the media say the group of dead is group D, but this doesn't matter), the first four groups don't have to play against Brazil until the semifinals or the final... :rolleyes:

Talking about the final draw again :upside:

The first four groups (A-B-C-D) are more difficult than the other ones (E-F-G-H) (although E is the so called "group of dead", well, in Spain the media say the group of dead is group D, but this doesn't matter), the first four groups don't have to play against Brazil until the semifinals or the final... :rolleyes:

Thank God for that!  I say, anyway.  It will make a nice change for my team - England...

Hope Spain does well this time Mikel, it is time they had a good run...

I've got Brazil against Holland in the final with France v England for third place.

Interesting. I too had a Brazil v Holland final! I had an England v Czech Republic 3rd place play off.

:)

I went with a few surprises and got the following:

England V Brazil final - Brazil Win

Mexico V USA Play-off - Mexico Win

Just a bit of fun really but interesting.

Archived