FIFA WORLD CUP DRAW

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, for Australia to get through to the second round would be be the fairytale.

I think the matches of Australia will be very exciting for the Aussie fans - imagine in a stadium together with the fans of Brazil, Japan and Croatia - it will be a fantastic atmosphere in the stadiums...

Pleased that we're not the ones to knock you out - and pleased that the whole world cup won't be about just the one rivalry.

I hope Australia do well though, imagine if they beat Brazil!

As CAF said, all Oz's matches are high on interest value _ all are great teams for us in trems of spectator value.

I guess the task's ahead of us _ if we really DO wanted to be treated with respect in World Football, we know the one's we're going to have to beat.

England need to score as many goals as possible against Trinidad and Paraguay without conceeding any - obvious I hear you cry - but Sweden and England almost always draw and it's important that we avoid Germany in the second round.  Normally I would be quite confident about beating the present German side but they have home advantage so they're a bit of an unknown quantity as a result.

My predictions:

Group A: Germany, Poland, Costa Rica, Ecuador

Group B: England, Sweden, Paraguay, Trinidad&T

Group C: Netherlands, Argentina, Serbia and M. and Cote d'Ivoire

Group D: Portugal, Mexico, Iran, Angola

Group E: Czech Republic, Holland, Ghana, United States

Group F: Brazil, Australia, Croatia, Japan

Group G: France, Switzerland, Togo, South Korea

Group H: Ukraine, Spain, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia.

Sorry mate, I know we're pretty special but FIFA only allows one Dutch team  :)

I think Germany are perhaps the luckiest team this evening - I also think that Portugal will be considering themselves lucky at least at the group stage - their second round prospects look quite bleak though (Argentina, Holland).

My heart tells me Italy will be okay but between them the Czechs and the Americans it's going to be a tough group stage - then one of them will face Brazil in the second round!

The easiest part of the table is for those in groups G and H - not really mouth watering second round prospects - unless France meet Spain, but Spain traditionally under-perform anyway.

Germany is going to kick some arse - everyone is underestimating the German side - and thats going to hurt the other teams

A - Germany, Poland

B - Sweden, England

C - Netherlands, Cote d'Ivoire

D - Mexico, Iran

E - Czech Republic, USA

F - Brazil, Croatia

G - France, Korea

H - Ukraine, Tunisia

so

Germany - England

Sweden - Poland

Netherlands - Iran

Mexico - Cote d'Ivoire

Czech Republic - Croatia

Brazil - USA

France - Tunisia

Ukraine - Korea

Personally, I don't care much on who wins so long as its not Germany or Switzerland.

My predictions

A Germany, Poland

B England, Sweden

C Holland, Argentina

D Portugal, Mexico

E Czech Republic, Italy

F Brazil, Croatia

G France, South Korea

H Ukraine, Spain

so....

1 GERMANY v Sweden

2 HOLLAND v Mexico

3 ENGLAND v Poland

4 Portugal v ARGENTINA

5 CZECH REPUBLIC v Croatia

6 France v SPAIN

7 BRAZIL v Italy

8 UKRAINE v S. Korea

then...

A Germany v HOLLAND

B CZECH REPUBLIC v Spain

C ENGLAND v Argentina

D BRAZIL v Ukraine

now it's getting serious...

I HOLLAND v Czech Republic

II  England v BRAZIL  

And the final....

Holland v BRAZIL

Let's not forget everyone's favourite, the 3rd place play off...

ENGLAND v Czech Republic

Well done to the Germans on an excellent, efficient draw. Really enjoyed it.

Not so well done to the British comentator, John Motson, who talked over everything said by the German doing the draw and then complained when he couldn't understand what was going on!

D - Mexico, Iran

E - Czech Republic, USA

G - France, Korea

H - Ukraine, Tunisia

You're totally mad :laughlong:  :wwww:

Iran? Korea? Tunisia? USA? Cote d'Ivoire?  :wwww: Of course this won't happen  :rolleyes:

D - Mexico, Iran

E - Czech Republic, USA

G - France, Korea

H - Ukraine, Tunisia

You're totally mad :laughlong:  :wwww:

Iran? Korea? Tunisia? USA? Cote d'Ivoire?  :wwww: Of course this won't happen  :rolleyes:

I have to agree. There are some pretty crazy predictions there Faster (good for you though!). If you're confident of those, I'd go down the bookies and stick a tenner on some of those teams, as you'd get some pretty good odds!

Well, for Australia to get through to the second round would be be the fairytale.

To win at least one or two games would give us some credibility.

Are the English pleased?

But yes, England sre pleased with thier own draw- Sweden and England should go through, like last time.

With regards to Australia's draw I think that question should be "are Uruguay pleased?"

And the answer is probably Yes they are, because the draw has been very unkind to Australia. To win even one game in this group is going to be very difficult for them.

Are the English pleased?

But yes, England sre pleased with thier own draw- Sweden and England should go through, like last time.

With regards to Australia's draw I think that question should be "are Uruguay pleased?"

And the answer is probably Yes they are, because the draw has been very unkind to Australia. To win even one game in this group is going to be very difficult for them.

Uruguay… pleased? After their loss? $10 says half the team was lining up at the immigration office after the game!

I guess getting Brazil and Japan was kind of stiff, Croatia to, though it could have been a lot worse.

Are the English pleased?

Uruguay… pleased? After their loss? $10 says half the team was lining up at the immigration office after the game!

I guess getting Brazil and Japan was kind of stiff, Croatia to, though it could have been a lot worse.

Worse? Not by much really. Taking into account the complicated grouping system, I guess there could have been: Brazil, Holland, Japan and Australia.

Well done to the Germans on an excellent, efficient draw. Really enjoyed it.

Not so well done to the British comentator, John Motson, who talked over everything said by the German doing the draw and then complained when he couldn't understand what was going on!

I couldn't agree more. The Germans did a fantastic job and made it very clear what was happening. No errors either.

The BBC commentator kept talking over everything and was questioning certain parts even when the graphics showed quite clearly what was happening.

I am pleased with the English group but am a little disappointed that we didn't get to play in Hamburg or Kaiserslautern. These are the 2 places I would have loved to see England play for personal reasons.

I am pleased with the English group but am a little disappointed that we didn't get to play in Hamburg or Kaiserslautern. These are the 2 places I would have loved to see England play for personal reasons.

I'm the opposite to you (I think in terms of our sexual preferences as well :laughlong:  )

No seriously- I was in Frankfurt last summer, so i know the city really well. I'm glad we got Frankfurt as our first game.

I'm the opposite to you (I think in terms of our sexual preferences as well :laughlong:  )

No seriously- I was in Frankfurt last summer, so i know the city really well. I'm glad we got Frankfurt as our first game.

Would you care to elaborate?

Archived