FIFA WORLD CUP DRAW

I am pleased with the English group but am a little disappointed that we didn't get to play in Hamburg or Kaiserslautern. These are the 2 places I would have loved to see England play for personal reasons.

I'm the opposite to you (I think in terms of our sexual preferences as well :laughlong:  )

No seriously- I was in Frankfurt last summer, so i know the city really well. I'm glad we got Frankfurt as our first game.

Would you care to elaborate?

Sure, I was in Frankfurt for the confederations cup last summer, so to be there again for the World Cup surrounded by English fans will be even better next summer.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what the set-up is for the Quaters and the Semi's. Is Hamburg on the list of stadia to hold these matches CAF?

Also, I would dearly have loved to see England play at Kaiserslautern. I toured the stadium as a child and have 2 long term penpals there. Kaiserslautern is also my twin town and my favourite German team. It would have been great to see England play there.

C - Netherlands, Cote d'Ivoire

D - Mexico, Iran

E - Czech Republic, USA

G - France, Korea

H - Ukraine, Tunisia

You're totally mad :laughlong:  :wwww:

Iran? Korea? Tunisia? USA? Cote d'Ivoire?  :wwww: Of course this won't happen  :rolleyes:

I have to agree. There are some pretty crazy predictions there Faster (good for you though!). If you're confident of those, I'd go down the bookies and stick a tenner on some of those teams, as you'd get some pretty good odds!

Argentina has been underperforming for about a year now, they have not been able to play a solid game for some time, Cote d'Ivoire on the other hand has had a strong showing in the last two years, upset a major African side, the elephants are one of the two African sides that could post an upset - especially against teams like Argentina and Serbia.

Portugal is sh!t - they are old and can't finish, this will mean their downfall in the group stage if Iran can get there sh!t together

Italy has underperformed and made an esay qualification look hard, Ghana and the USA could both take their spot, not to mention that the Czech Republic was twice soundly beaten by the Netherlands, and once by Romania, they are a team that when coming up to good competition lately has faultered. They are also a lot older than in 2004, and have little young talent to come up, they missed the boat in not qualifying 2002

Korea, despite the eurocentric BS, did what Greece did two years later, ride a wave to an unexpected finish. those games weren't terrible and the refs didn't fock Italy, Spain or anyone else - except it, there are teams that can win that aren't in Europe, or formally Ibanian controlled

speaking of the Ibanians - Spain sucks the big one, and Tunisia could surprise, though not likely, i would rather see Ukraine and Tunisia go through then Ukraine and Spain

and to say that predicting upsets is stupid, was Denmark and Senegal suppose to go through 1-2 in group A last time, was Korea and the USA suppose to get by Poland and Portugal, was Germany suppose to take Cameroon's stop, was it suppose to be England and Sweden, was Croatia suppose to beat Italy - and it goes on, non of the four finishers were suppose to be in the final four, Korea and Germany were suppose to be out in the first round, Turkey the second and Brazil the third - but did they, no - the WC is built on upsets, and to predict the 16 favourites to all go through is nonsence

Brazil's arrogance is going to butt-fock them come June, they are not going to win

Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, USA, Japan, and Korea could all take spots that are suppose to go to other teams, and come on, we don't play the games on paper, they are played in the pitch and for a reason, because once you get here - any team, on any day, can beat anyone

Korea, despite the eurocentric BS, did what Greece did two years later, ride a wave to an unexpected finish. those games weren't terrible and the refs didn't fock Italy, Spain or anyone else - except it, there are teams that can win that aren't in Europe, or formally Ibanian controlled

South Korea did well but denying that they had a lot of luck, is to ignore what actaully happened in 2002! It's not Eurocentric BS, as you so eloquently put it.

C - Netherlands, Cote d'Ivoire

D - Mexico, Iran

E - Czech Republic, USA

G - France, Korea

H - Ukraine, Tunisia

You're totally mad :laughlong:  :wwww:

Iran? Korea? Tunisia? USA? Cote d'Ivoire?  :wwww: Of course this won't happen  :rolleyes:

I have to agree. There are some pretty crazy predictions there Faster (good for you though!). If you're confident of those, I'd go down the bookies and stick a tenner on some of those teams, as you'd get some pretty good odds!

Argentina has been underperforming for about a year now, they have not been able to play a solid game for some time, Cote d'Ivoire on the other hand has had a strong showing in the last two years, upset a major African side, the elephants are one of the two African sides that could post an upset - especially against teams like Argentina and Serbia.

Portugal is sh!t - they are old and can't finish, this will mean their downfall in the group stage if Iran can get there sh!t together

Italy has underperformed and made an esay qualification look hard, Ghana and the USA could both take their spot, not to mention that the Czech Republic was twice soundly beaten by the Netherlands, and once by Romania, they are a team that when coming up to good competition lately has faultered. They are also a lot older than in 2004, and have little young talent to come up, they missed the boat in not qualifying 2002

speaking of the Ibanians - Spain sucks the big one, and Tunisia could surprise, though not likely, i would rather see Ukraine and Tunisia go through then Ukraine and Spain

and to say that predicting upsets is stupid, was Denmark and Senegal suppose to go through 1-2 in group A last time, was Korea and the USA suppose to get by Poland and Portugal, was Germany suppose to take Cameroon's stop, was it suppose to be England and Sweden, was Croatia suppose to beat Italy - and it goes on, non of the four finishers were suppose to be in the final four, Korea and Germany were suppose to be out in the first round, Turkey the second and Brazil the third - but did they, no - the WC is built on upsets, and to predict the 16 favourites to all go through is nonsence

Brazil's arrogance is going to butt-fock them come June, they are not going to win

Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, USA, Japan, and Korea could all take spots that are suppose to go to other teams, and come on, we don't play the games on paper, they are played in the pitch and for a reason, because once you get here - any team, on any day, can beat anyone

I agree with Faster's analyses -- especially Argentina.  I don't get that long-hair business of theirs.  What?  To look good on camera for the ladies?  OK; but you're there to play, not to pose and look pretty.    

But I'd say Faster could be 85-90% right.

South Korea did well but denying that they had a lot of luck, is to ignore what actaully happened in 2002! It's not Eurocentric BS, as you so eloquently put it.

Rob - in sport to be good you have to be lucky, Germany and Brazil had a lot of luck on their sides to get to the final aswell

Rob - in sport to be good you have to be lucky, Germany and Brazil had a lot of luck on their sides to get to the final aswell

to some extent yes. But luck doesn't last forever. I don't think S. Korea will set the world on fire. (N. Korea might one day)

to some extent yes. But luck doesn't last forever. I don't think S. Korea will set the world on fire. (N. Korea might one day)

The South Korea games were rigged so they got through. Portugal, Spain and Italy had some VERY, VERY dubious decisions against them. For example, Italy had goals diallowed for offside when they were clearly onside. And Totti was sent off FOR NO RESON WHAT SO EVER!

Argentina has been underperforming for about a year now, they have not been able to play a solid game for some time

Didnt Argentina finish 1st in the South American qualifying leg? Ahead of Brazil who only just pulled in second a head of Paraguay?

Argentina has been underperforming for about a year now, they have not been able to play a solid game for some time

Didnt Argentina finish 1st in the South American qualifying leg? Ahead of Brazil who only just pulled in second a head of Paraguay?

they finished second to Brazil and 6 points ahead of Ecuador and Parguay

in the last games - lost to Uruguay, an ugly win against Peru,a lose to Paraguay, a lose to Ecuador, the only good game they have played this year was a 3-1 win over a lacking Brazilian side in June

in the last games - lost to Uruguay, an ugly win against Peru,a lose to Paraguay, a lose to Ecuador, the only good game they have played this year was a 3-1 win over a lacking Brazilian side in June

MAYBE this was because Argentina was already qualified and Pekerman was testing players. And, they want to lose against Uruguay.

I don't think Argentina is underperforming... they won the Gold Medal at Athens 2004, they were second at Copamérica, they won the Youth World Cup, they get the first place at the Qualifiers (tied with Brazil, second because of the goal difference, but they were at the top all the time)...

Group E

Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic

uhmm.. very interesting.. i like it!

-Italy 3 times world champion, one of the Fifa top-list

-Ghana seems to be the Senegal of previous years.. the african jewel..

-Usa is getting improve impressively in these years.. and they still can't digest that Fifa put them away from the Fifa top list..

-the Czech reached the semifinals in the last Eurocup and right there there's a certain guy called Paulus Nedved: gold ball and one of my soccer player idol.. simply great..

It will be very difficult try to predict 1st and 2nd place here..

:oh:

MAYBE this was because Argentina was already qualified and Pekerman was testing players. And, they want to lose against Uruguay.

I don't think Argentina is underperforming... they won the Gold Medal at Athens 2004, they were second at Copamérica, they won the Youth World Cup, they get the first place at the Qualifiers (tied with Brazil, second because of the goal difference, but they were at the top all the time)...

Argentina's men's senior national team has sucked for some time - their games are painful, they are so bad

Do you really think South Korea would reach the semifinals of 2002 without the help of the referees? :wwww: ¡Qué cachondo! (this hasn't got any traduction)

Francia and Switzerland will kill South Korea and Togo, God knows that... :laugh:

And don't talk about Tunis... :laughlong:

Personally, I don't care much on who wins so long as its not Germany or Switzerland.

Germany? Ok!!!

Switzerland? You are a very bad loser!

You are like DJ Bungi. When will you leave Germany?

LMAO!! :laughlong: :laughlong:

I'll be on the first plane out the day I garduate so that idiots like you can stop questioning me with such retardness thinking that their all superior and shi.t.  :;):

Jesus christ, why the hel.l am I obligated to cheer for the nation I inhabit? There is no way in hell I'll either be cheering for the team that robbed from us a birth place into the world cup; so get it through your thick skull. :)

Anyways, I consider it to be a great honour to be compared to DJ Bungi!! throwroses.sml.gifthrowroses.sml.gif

Group E

Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic

uhmm.. very interesting.. i like it!

-Italy 3 times world champion, one of the Fifa top-list

-Ghana seems to be the Senegal of previous years.. the african jewel..

-Usa is getting improve impressively in these years.. and they still can't digest that Fifa put them away from the Fifa top list..

-the Czech reached the semifinals in the last Eurocup and right there there's a certain guy called Paulus Nedved: gold ball and one of my soccer player idol.. simply great..

It will be very difficult try to predict 1st and 2nd place here..

:oh:

Which is why , I  call it the " Group Of Death"

Argentina's men's senior national team has sucked for some time - their games are painful, they are so bad

OOOHHHH CANNNNADA, TO BAD WE SUCK AT FOOTBALL. Are you even in the top100 yet? :D

Canada is bad, but it is in the top 100. At least, as the lowest-ranked team that is going to Germany 2006, Australia is way better ranked than Canada.

OOOHHHH CANNNNADA, TO BAD WE SUCK AT FOOTBALL. Are you even in the top100 yet? :D

Canada is bad, but it is in the top 100. At least, as the lowest-ranked team that is going to Germany 2006, Australia is way better ranked than Canada.

I think were ranked 49 now. Fairly good considering 32 teams make it through and the amount of European teams looking for qualification. None-the-less its good to see Trinidad and Ghana ect... there also... Dwight Yorke!

I think were ranked 49 now. Fairly good considering 32 teams make it through and the amount of European teams looking for qualification. None-the-less its good to see Trinidad and Ghana ect... there also... Dwight Yorke!

I think it is excellent. Even those nations mentioned in your post here are even ranked higher than Australia are entering the World Cup for the first time, the Aussies should be very proud that it is in the final 32 for 2006 now. This achievement should give Australian soccer a big boost.

I'm pleased with the initial draw as we've got a group that we should qualify from pretty comfortably. But, assuming we avoid Germany in the second round, we've got probably the toughest possible run if we want to go all the way. Argentina in the quarters, Brazil in the semis and Germany in the final. Thanks very much.

While I'm on the subject of the hosts, I'm not sure their group is that easy. The Poland game may well degenerate into all out war and there'll be massive pressure on them to perform in the opening game. They should qualify, but I suspect there may be a few scares for them along the way.

Archived